SportsWrath

2023 Off-season signings

Mr. P

2 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Oh...he is def an improvement to what they had and probably gives them another 3 wins...think they had 7 or 8 last year...so not a bad signing...but there is additional risk cause Rodgers is just strange and unpredictable...not something I would be overly interested in investing that heavily in.

Maybe Jets sneak in a clause to hedge against some of that somehow, but kinda doubt it.

Rodgers is not worth all of this drama.  Rebuild your roster so you can win in five years.  Just try to compete with what you have.  Rodgers is not the missing link.

Saying that Rodgers upgrades the Jets isn't the issue. Mike Glennon would have been an upgrade over Wilson. The issue with Rodgers is that as someone just said, the guy seems to be going off the rails a bit and this is not the city for his quirky bullshit (ask Kyree). Plus, I think if he had fuck all respect for the coaching staff/personnel around him in Green Bay, Imagine what happens when he disagrees with Saleh. Plus we're not done yet because now that the deal is done, he's going to start pushing for his guys. Expect Randall Cobb shortly. Favre wasn't done when the Jets signed him, but boy it fell apart quickly. I say one year tops with this cat.

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Rodgers is not worth all of this drama.  Rebuild your roster so you can win in five years.  Just try to compete with what you have.  Rodgers is not the missing link.

This. There are plenty of guys out there that could have been decent bridge guys and go get your QB this year.  

5 hours ago, boohyah said:

Saying that Rodgers upgrades the Jets isn't the issue. Mike Glennon would have been an upgrade over Wilson. The issue with Rodgers is that as someone just said, the guy seems to be going off the rails a bit and this is not the city for his quirky bullshit (ask Kyree). Plus, I think if he had fuck all respect for the coaching staff/personnel around him in Green Bay, Imagine what happens when he disagrees with Saleh. Plus we're not done yet because now that the deal is done, he's going to start pushing for his guys. Expect Randall Cobb shortly. Favre wasn't done when the Jets signed him, but boy it fell apart quickly. I say one year tops with this cat.

I agree... I would never have gone down this road.  He is not Kerry Collins with the Giants.  Rodgers is a prima donna hole with it being all about him and his flaky crap.

5 hours ago, boohyah said:

This. There are plenty of guys out there that could have been decent bridge guys and go get your QB this year.  

For sure boo... been watching since 1968 and I don't agree with this and hated the Favre move as well.  Green Bay seems to know that the Jets will take their castoffs along with mortgaging their future by sending it to Green Bay.  Screw that.

9 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I agree... I would never have gone down this road.  He is not Kerry Collins with the Giants.  Rodgers is a prima donna hole with it being all about him and his flaky crap.

Wasn't he drafted in the late 1st round or something?   I think he's still upset all these years later.  

9 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Rodgers is going for one last push for the ring before he loses his marbles and goes batshit insane and finally is forced into retirement. And the Jets have a damn good roster to help him try for that. 

Packers had a better record last year than the jets and the rosters are comparable. It's very likely the jets will end up being no more than third in the division.

If he wanted a ring badly, he forces a deal with the 49ers.

56 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Packers had a better record last year than the jets and the rosters are comparable. It's very likely the jets will end up being no more than third in the division.

Would have taken an awful lot from the 9ers for the Pack to let him go within the NFC.    

Rodgers is one season removed from back to back MVPs I would be shocked if he does not have the Jets pushing the Bills for the top spot in the AFC East.   Zach Wilson and Mike Fucking White got them to 3rd.  

2 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Would have taken an awful lot from the 9ers for the Pack to let him go within the NFC.    

Rodgers is one season removed from back to back MVPs I would be shocked if he does not have the Jets pushing the Bills for the top spot in the AFC East.   Zach Wilson and Mike Fucking White got them to 3rd.  

They came last. 

I think Rodgers at his peak was a stud. Said it on here several times. But let's be clear, Green Bay gave him a good roster around him. He lost one guy in Davante Adams and suddenly he went into weirdo mode on and off the field. Running down the team, acting like he couldn't give a shit, none of this is my fault bullshit. But he threw 12 ints, and all his numbers are down. And why would Green Bay be willing to trade a guy who ideally you want to finish his career there. Either way, he can prove me wrong, don't care. I just think I will be right.

4 hours ago, boohyah said:

This...

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

They came last. 

I think Rodgers at his peak was a stud. Said it on here several times. But let's be clear, Green Bay gave him a good roster around him. He lost one guy in Davante Adams and suddenly he went into weirdo mode on and off the field. Running down the team, acting like he couldn't give a shit, none of this is my fault bullshit. But he threw 12 ints, and all his numbers are down. And why would Green Bay be willing to trade a guy who ideally you want to finish his career there. Either way, he can prove me wrong, don't care. I just think I will be right.

Apologies to Nas but Rodgers gives me Dave Brown shivers with more talent than Brown obviously.  This nothing is ever my fault attitude and everyone around me sucks if they don't do it, is tiresome to say the least.  Green Bay achieved addition by subtraction by unloading him to the Jets.  The Pack will be in the Super Bowl before the Jets will with Rodgers if you ask me.

6 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Apologies to Nas but Rodgers gives me Dave Brown shivers with more talent than Brown obviously.  This nothing is ever my fault attitude and everyone around me sucks if they don't do it, is tiresome to say the least.  Green Bay achieved addition by subtraction by unloading him to the Jets.  The Pack will be in the Super Bowl before the Jets will with Rodgers if you ask me.

:banned: