SportsWrath

Kayvon Thibodaux

Sephiroth

3 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Apparently he’s a sharp dresser. That counts for something.

seriously though, he’s close. He’s going to have a few big weeks then probably hit the wall.

He does a lot of things that don't show up on the Stat sheet, and that's fine for the first half of the season. We're on the back nine now and he needs to start making plays. 

35 minutes ago, jranieli said:

He's a rookie, but I agree what people are saying. 

He needs to put on some muscle (that comes with time... he's a kid).    He's built like a small LB right now.   Once he bulks up, it will be a different story. 

55 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

He does a lot of things that don't show up on the Stat sheet, and that's fine for the first half of the season. We're on the back nine now and he needs to start making plays. 

I really think he will. For a few weeks at least. 

so he isn’t setting the league on fire. Fine, a lot of great players didn’t set the league on fire as a rookie, but also — is it a coincidence Dexter Lawrence is suddenly putting up near Aaron Donald level production? I don’t think so.

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I really think he will. For a few weeks at least. 

so he isn’t setting the league on fire. Fine, a lot of great players didn’t set the league on fire as a rookie, but also — is it a coincidence Dexter Lawrence is suddenly putting up near Aaron Donald level production? I don’t think so.

I put Dexys wise soley on Wink he moved the kid to nose and he's well on his way to being the next Warren Sapp. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

I put Dexys wise soley on Wink he moved the kid to nose and he's well on his way to being the next Warren Sapp. 

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

I don't think Dex getting better this year is on Thibodeaux. Dex was improving last year and the overall blitz packages are making more space for him.

Thibodeaux has dropped off the last few weeks, he's not getting any closer.

That’s fair, although I think a lot of us have always been perplexed that Lawrence wasn’t playing more nose tackle until this season. A lot of dumbfuckery over the last few years.

Just now, CrazedDogs said:

That’s fair, although I think a lot of us have always been perplexed that Lawrence wasn’t playing more nose tackle until this season. A lot of dumbfuckery over the last few years.

We didn't blitz worth a fuck for years, we didn't even try.

11 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Yeah but... when your GM's draft strategy is "let's draft a DT, then I'm going to trade for a DT... afterwards, let's draft a DT then maybe draft a DT," I think the coaches kind of run out of places to put them. 

13 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah but... when your GM's draft strategy is "let's draft a DT, then I'm going to trade for a DT... afterwards, let's draft a DT then maybe draft a DT," I think the coaches kind of run out of places to put them. 

haha but Lawrence was the most DTish out of them all.  

1 hour ago, NeMesiS said:

It looked like he was making progress. But the Jacksonville game, and don’t think I’ve heard his name once. I mean, it seems like it

If you watch what OLs do to him closely, you will see it's the huge size advantage.    He's too small out there but he's 23 (right?).    A lot of room to bulk up and be a force out there.  

The jury is still out. Osi and Tuck didn't really get going until year 3 as well. Strahan too if you want to go back further.

JPP was pretty good in year 1 though.

But yeah, Kayvon hasn't done much so far. He's clearly a liability against the rush and still learning awareness there.

The fact that he's developing slower than Ojulari is interesting too.