SportsWrath

Kayvon Thibodaux

Sephiroth

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

He or they probably did that so he could develop extra moves to go up against top tier NFL talent as opposed to just showing up for college games against Joe Piddly College :laugh:

Right handed athletes find it easier to rush from the left tackle position... their right.  It only makes sense. 

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah dudes got a big mouth.  Hope he backs it up 

Yeah I got no problem with a payer doing some talking on social media, even team needs a guy but you better back that talk up when it matters. 

Granted he had a decent rookie season by all reports but for being the #5 pick your expected to be a difference maker. 

I got hopes he will be.

I think he will be.  Just risky to run your mouth this early, plus it was a bad take.  The niners made it further and got some shit injury luck.  

just checked on the tweets and didn’t realize strahan got involved lol 

7 hours ago, Herc said:

I think he will be.  Just risky to run your mouth this early, plus it was a bad take.  The niners made it further and got some shit injury luck.  

just checked on the tweets and didn’t realize strahan got involved lol 

This is why Strahan will always be my favorite Giant.

In reflecting on the 2022 draft, I go back and forth through moments where I think these picks will turn out fine, to moments where I worry it could be a blown draft, at least to a degree.

- Evan Neal did not improve throughout the season, unlike Andrew Thomas' rookie season. Granted, Neal was hurt and that probably hampered him, but it still caught my attention.

- It's early for Kayvon, and the sack numbers aren't there. I think he'll be fine long run, but he may top out at 8-10 sacks per year, and I also think his run defense needs to improve.

- Wandale Robinson. ACL tear was tough luck. He looked like a legit NFL WR at times.

- Ezeudo was bad, though again also injured. I don't know what to make of him, but maybe give him the benefit of the doubt like Neal and call him TBD.

- Micah McFadden looked lost, and looks like he lacks the speed to play in the NFL. Backup at best.

Flott, Bellinger, and Dane Belton look like they could be role players on this team.

Beavers, Davidson, and McKethan suffered some serious injuries, and are TBD.

13 hours ago, mastershake said:

In reflecting on the 2022 draft, I go back and forth through moments where I think these picks will turn out fine, to moments where I worry it could be a blown draft, at least to a degree.

- Evan Neal did not improve throughout the season, unlike Andrew Thomas' rookie season. Granted, Neal was hurt and that probably hampered him, but it still caught my attention.

- It's early for Kayvon, and the sack numbers aren't there. I think he'll be fine long run, but he may top out at 8-10 sacks per year, and I also think his run defense needs to improve.

- Wandale Robinson. ACL tear was tough luck. He looked like a legit NFL WR at times.

- Ezeudo was bad, though again also injured. I don't know what to make of him, but maybe give him the benefit of the doubt like Neal and call him TBD.

- Micah McFadden looked lost, and looks like he lacks the speed to play in the NFL. Backup at best.

Flott, Bellinger, and Dane Belton look like they could be role players on this team.

Beavers, Davidson, and McKethan suffered some serious injuries, and are TBD.

We probably have 3-4 good players in this year's draft... out of 11 players.  About 33%. 

That's not acceptable; it's what got Reece run out of town. 

Like I've said before, I really didn't understand some of these picks.  I'm hoping it was just Shoen being new and not having "his guys" in the front office but many of these picks were flat-out awful. Championship teams find talent in the later rounds and outside of Bellinger we clearly didn't do that.  

5 minutes ago, The P said:

We all know you can’t really make a judgement on a draft after just one season right

1.  We can, and we will. 

2.  Adewale Ojomo and Corey Washington are the two best players we've ever had. 

50 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

We probably have 3-4 good players in this year's draft... out of 11 players.  About 33%. 

Like I've said before, I really didn't understand some of these picks.  I'm hoping it was just Shoen being new and not having "his guys" in the front office but many of these picks were flat-out awful. Championship teams find talent in the later rounds and outside of Bellinger we clearly didn't do that.  

See I don't agree with those numbers, namely because 1 in 3 draft picks in the first round only ever sign a second contract with the team that drafted them. 

And the numbers only go down from there. 

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/breakdowns/the-hidden-reality-of-draft-value-part-1/

Your luckily to even get two or more players out of a draft who even pan out on your roster. 

7 hours ago, The P said:

We all know you can’t really make a judgement on a draft after just one season right

Guys I expect will be fine as starters are Neal and Thibs. For the rest, it's unclear what their role will be at this point.

Robinson is a big setback, who I bet we won't see back to 100% until 2024 unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Reese got fired because he had draft upon draft with maybe two good players. And mismanaged the OL.

Three isn’t bad. That’s about the break even point where the roster stays at about the same level. Three or four showed they’re probably going to be useful players, and there’s still time for the other eight. A couple more drafts like this and we might have a team.

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

See I don't agree with those numbers, namely because 1 in 3 draft picks in the first round only ever sign a second contract with the team that drafted them. 

And the numbers only go down from there. 

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/breakdowns/the-hidden-reality-of-draft-value-part-1/

Your luckily to even get two or more players out of a draft who even pan out on your roster. 

To me a competent GM must get solid starters out of rounds 1-2, then land at least two key contributors/role players (from rounds 3-7).

A competent GM should have GOOD scouts - and I think the Giants scouts were lousy until Reese and Gettleman - we invested on the OL in the draft yes but we ended up with bums like Flowers and Hernandez. While other teams ended up with better players later on (case in point - Tristan Wirfs). 

7 hours ago, Herc said:

Nepo baby headed the scouting dept for years. That changed past offseason 

Yeah, Schoen and DaboLL got rid of a Lot of the Mara spawned Legacy babies entrenched in the inner workings of Giants Land

These guys are Like modern day George Youngs

On 2/3/2023 at 7:27 PM, CrazedDogs said:

wasn't the choice between Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wifts (and Becton and Wills)? --- I think that one worked out well for us, Thomas has been by far the best of those players for a season and a half now. 

Oh then ma bad - Im mistaken. I thought the choice was between Ereck Flowers and Tristan Wirfs. In that case - it worked out more than well for us.

• 8 months later...

Carl Banks hits the nail on the head here, I think the unhealthy obsession with finding what is wrong applies to the all the players on the team

"“This unhealthy obsession for finding what is wrong with Kayvon Thibodeaux is bordering weird,” Banks told the pair on air. “You talk about you don’t like a guy’s body? The guy just had a game that would put him in the running for Defensive Player of the Week. He had seven or eight pressures. Go look at Khalil Mack and see if he even had five pressures … you don’t have to like him. "