SportsWrath

Kayvon Thibodaux

Sephiroth

Yesterday was one of the first times I saw Thibs set an edge in the running game.  Clear his speed was too much for the Jets, but he was disciplined in his pass rush.  It is like it clicked that it's more than just lining up and getting past your guy...again...discipline to keep an edge and keep after it.  He had a good game and was a large part in why we should've won it.

Team as a whole is just bad, but he was a bright spot yesterday.  We will see what he brings against LV...but here's hoping for some consistency.

20 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Best game of his career, yet he still cost the win due to a mental lapse at the biggest moment. 

Yep... offsides when all he needed to do was get back onside or run off the field.  I also blame the coaches.  They should count and scream for him to run.

20 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

He did? When was that? The sound was off at the bar we went to.

I would have blamed the loss on Graham "the Cracker" Gano, whose next good game in bad weather will be his first.

Gano according to Pdub and reports has a lower leg injury on his plant foot (knee) that they kept hidden.  Also the second kick the Jests vaulted the guard so Gano had to alter the trajectory of the kick... otherwise it would have been blocked back for a TD like the Broke Back game.  Thibs on the Jests last drive in the 4th Quarter was flagged for being off sides which stopped the clock as it would have run out before the Jests could score.  A major mental lapse.

3 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Gano according to Pdub and reports has a lower leg injury on his plant foot (knee) that they kept hidden.  Also the second kick the Jests vaulted the guard so Gano had to alter the trajectory of the kick... otherwise it would have been blocked back for a TD like the Broke Back game.  Thibs on the Jests last drive in the 4th Quarter was flagged for being off sides which stopped the clock as it would have run out before the Jests could score.  A major mental lapse.

These guys could fuck up a free lunch. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Why not. He had half a sack and two TFLs yesterday. 10.5 sacks on the year.

There was a graphic up yesterday: Most sacks through their fitst 25 or 26 games of any giant in team history.

Well considering some were calling him a bust already. 

6 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Oh, I get what you're saying now.

Yeah, people were being too hard on him, myself included through the first few games.

We all were. 

When you see other top 5 picks making day one impacts and player of the year candidates it's hard not to be.

However Thibs is a top 10 pass rusher in the NFL now. 

Neal on the other hand lol which I still blame the coaching on, you can't tell me the top RT prospect by a large concenus in the draft is suddenly a miss. 

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

We all were. 

When you see other top 5 picks making day one impacts and player of the year candidates it's hard not to be.

However Thibs is a top 10 pass rusher in the NFL now. 

Neal on the other hand lol which I still blame the coaching on, you can't tell me the top RT prospect by a large concenus in the draft is suddenly a miss. 

Fucking sucks because Neal was finally putting it all together in his last game and then got hurt. He was one of the only reasons to keep watching this season; to see if he improves and can become our RT of the future.

Well most of us are spoiled by having LT here, who changed the game.  Thibs... is following the path of Strahan IMHO.  Would like to see him put on an additional 20 lbs but that is not his game.  Speed seems to be his game and he needs to be paired up with a run stopping DT who is consistent.  Let Thibs rush the passer and let the DT eat up the run.

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Well most of us are spoiled by having LT here, who changed the game.  Thibs... is following the path of Strahan IMHO.  Would like to see him put on an additional 20 lbs but that is not his game.  Speed seems to be his game and he needs to be paired up with a run stopping DT who is consistent.  Let Thibs rush the passer and let the DT eat up the run.

I'd love to see what Thibs can do if given the opportunity to just be a pass rusher with a competent rusher consistently on the opposite side. 

45 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I'd love to see what Thibs can do if given the opportunity to just be a pass rusher with a competent rusher consistently on the opposite side. 

Yes... with a real rusher on the other side and a competent run stopping DT.  It would help to have a run stopping Linebacker as well.

13 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Yes... with a real rusher on the other side and a competent run stopping DT.  It would help to have a run stopping Linebacker as well.

Thibs is listed as a LB... does that mean we've drafted the 1st uh... 1st... round linebacker since Carl Banks?  Is that story going to go away? 

On 11/27/2023 at 5:18 PM, Sephiroth said:

Fucking sucks because Neal was finally putting it all together in his last game and then got hurt. He was one of the only reasons to keep watching this season; to see if he improves and can become our RT of the future.

Im still enjoying the rookies make plays.

Robinson is having one of the better years for a slot WR, think PFF had a chart showing he's one of the best WRs on creating seperation in man coverage this year.

Also Cutlet mania.

But yeah Neal was turning it around then another injury on this team. 

This season has been so snake bitten lol 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Im still enjoying the rookies make plays.

Robinson is having one of the better years for a slot WR, think PFF had a chart showing he's one of the best WRs on creating seperation in man coverage this year.

Also Cutlet mania.

But yeah Neal was turning it around then another injury on this team. 

This season has been so snake bitten lol 

I think Robinson only has like 250 yards or something.  One of the podcasts I listen to said he came out of the gate hot but has more or less sucked since then. 

Joe Schoen really should have listened to me and drafted Trey McBride in that spot.  Twice as many yards and a 78 PFF rating. 

5 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I think Robinson only has like 250 yards or something.  One of the podcasts I listen to said he came out of the gate hot but has more or less sucked since then. 

Joe Schoen really should have listened to me and drafted Trey McBride in that spot.  Twice as many yards and a 78 PFF rating. 

Oh I'm not saying he's been super productive, just that he's been rating out well.

No one of this offence has been productive lol 

Even if we took McBride we'd be saying the same thing. 

9 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Thibs is listed as a LB... does that mean we've drafted the 1st uh... 1st... round linebacker since Carl Banks?  Is that story going to go away? 

The Giants love those DE/LB tweeners that have such a hard time in the NFL... maybe Thibs breaks the mold.