SportsWrath

Kayvon Thibodaux

Sephiroth

10 hours ago, Treehugger said:

He's not smaller than Micah Parsons.

True but he plays DE not LB so he’s mostly facing OLs who are much bigger in size.   I’ve seen it over and over where he gets held and no flags are thrown.

31 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Thibs is listed as a LB or an Edge, never a DE. 

I think it was either the Titans with Kearse or the Ravens who lined up their edge rushers wide to give them momentum when rushing the QB… I haven’t seen that with Thibs and would like for the coaches to try it.

5 hours ago, The P said:

His biggest issue is lack of variety of pass rush moves.    The one he uses is very easy to get away with holds. Once he learns and starts using more, he should hit home more. 

This

He is Like Strahan using stuff that worked in college does not work in the pros

From what I remember of the scouting reports around the draft was he got by ion college off a great first step and would have to develop true pass rushing moves at the next level.  He'll develop.  He was a major disruption against the Cowboys, he'll add a move to his arsenal and learn how to use them with each other.  

3 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

From what I remember of the scouting reports around the draft was he got by ion college off a great first step and would have to develop true pass rushing moves at the next level.  He'll develop.  He was a major disruption against the Cowboys, he'll add a move to his arsenal and learn how to use them with each other.  

He needs to add 20 lbs or so.

17 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I know technically he didn't have a great stats game like I had asked for in the title but he played really well on Thanksgiving. 

On 11/26/2022 at 9:32 AM, Nas said:

I think it was either the Titans with Kearse or the Ravens who lined up their edge rushers wide to give them momentum when rushing the QB… I haven’t seen that with Thibs and would like for the coaches to try it.

The wide nine! Probably won’t see that a whole lot in this D, it’s not what Wink usually does, but I agree, would be a good fit for Thibs skill set.

16 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

The wide nine! Probably won’t see that a whole lot in this D, it’s not what Wink usually does, but I agree, would be a good fit for Thibs skill set.

Eagles games were unbearable that year.  You could make a drinking game out of broadcasters talking about wide nine 

35 minutes ago, Herc said:

Eagles games were unbearable that year.  You could make a drinking game out of broadcasters talking about wide nine 

I loved the wide nine. My Eagles fan buddy summed it up perfectly:

"We line up wide. They run for nine." 

40 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I loved the wide nine. My Eagles fan buddy summed it up perfectly:

"We line up wide. They run for nine." 

😂 I remember that… but I’m only talking about Thibs so his momentum can actually push the OL back.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:51 PM, Virginia Giant said:

This

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Herc said:

What a motor.  Multiple times he fell for the option, recovered, and made the tackle downfield.  Dude’s a total star 

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Yeah!  I think next season this kid won’t get faked as much and will be a wrecking crew. 

he was faked out a ton, and there were several other snaps where he was obviously 'thinking' out there instead of reacting, which had him just a hair too slow to make a play. Last night was the first game he seemed to be reacting more than thinking, and it showed up in the box score. 

What kind of player is he going to be when he's playing with all reaction, no hesitation? 

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Takes a while for rookie pass rushers to get rolling.

Add to the fact he was out the first four weeks.  

Then the fact that Ojulari was out.

Now they seem to be able to help one another.

Can't double team both of them all the time.

Just think of Strahan, Tuck and/or Kiwi their first few games and they ALL were taken to school

Strahan's peanut butter sandwich needs to chime in here :laugh:

2 hours ago, The P said:

Is it me or is he also playing more against the left tackle as opposed to the right tackle.  

I feel like he used to mostly be against the right tackle but sweitched. 

He or they probably did that so he could develop extra moves to go up against top tier NFL talent as opposed to just showing up for college games against Joe Piddly College :laugh:

4 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

he was faked out a ton, and there were several other snaps where he was obviously 'thinking' out there instead of reacting, which had him just a hair too slow to make a play. Last night was the first game he seemed to be reacting more than thinking, and it showed up in the box score. 

What kind of player is he going to be when he's playing with all reaction, no hesitation? 

and 30 lbs heavier.