SportsWrath

Kayvon Thibodaux

Sephiroth

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Two bald dudes yelling hot takes and hanging up on local legends to increase engagement on a dying platform 

"Yeah Carl Banks, what does that guy know... he was only an all-decade linebacker who's been involved with the sport at a professional level for 40 years!"

58 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Shock take commentators are a cancer on sports media.

"I'm going to say ridiculous shit 99.9% of the time to get a reaction and the 0.01% of the time I'm right I'm going to claim to know what I'm taking a about" 

When Tierney was paired with Tiki they were a good balance, Tiki was always quick to walk him back.  That is the key to a good sports talk radio show I think, one over the top fan sort of guy and then an ex-pro athlete to ground them.

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Shock take commentators are a cancer on sports media.

"I'm going to say ridiculous shit 99.9% of the time to get a reaction and the 0.01% of the time I'm right I'm going to claim to know what I'm taking a about" 

Nailed it. 

8 hours ago, Herc said:

Two bald dudes yelling hot takes and hanging up on local legends to increase engagement on a dying platform 

:laugh::laugh::laugh: So true... this is why I listen to Carl Banks and Bob Papa on the radio feed each week.  Banks played the game at a high level and Papa knows how to report on the game.  Both a spot on, and I love their analysis.

5 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

When Tierney was paired with Tiki they were a good balance, Tiki was always quick to walk him back.  That is the key to a good sports talk radio show I think, one over the top fan sort of guy and then an ex-pro athlete to ground them.

This...

1 minute ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: So true... this is why I listen to Carl Banks and Bob Papa on the radio feed each week.  Banks played the game at a high level and Papa knows how to report on the game.  Both a spot on, and I love their analysis.

They’re the gold standard for sure.  Wish they did the tv broadcasts 

2 minutes ago, Herc said:

They’re the gold standard for sure.  Wish they did the tv broadcasts 

For sure Herc, for sure.  I just think they are probably too controversial as in actually knowing what they are talking about for TV... expespecially FOX.  Their jocks are decent... but they spend too much time talking up the big teams and being homers...

11 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Bob Papa is literally the best play by play guy in football in my opinion. Back when I had Sirius in the early 2000s all the NFL games were free; I never realized just how much better Papa was than all the other guys till I heard them. You can really see in your mind's eye what's going on when he describes it 

23 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Carl Banks hits the nail on the head here, I think the unhealthy obsession with finding what is wrong applies to the all the players on the team

"“This unhealthy obsession for finding what is wrong with Kayvon Thibodeaux is bordering weird,” Banks told the pair on air. “You talk about you don’t like a guy’s body? The guy just had a game that would put him in the running for Defensive Player of the Week. He had seven or eight pressures. Go look at Khalil Mack and see if he even had five pressures … you don’t have to like him. "   

eh, unfortunately Banks is wrong in this case. Thibs has been right place, right time for most of those sacks. He's near the bottom of the league in pressure rate. He's the beneficiary of Dex absolutely fucking up offenses. 

And if I see him standing around one more time, while the rest of the D is gang tackling, I might lose all faith in him. Okay not quite.... but there's something off with that dude so far this season. Probably an unreported injury.

7 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Bob Papa is literally the best play by play guy in football in my opinion. Back when I had Sirius in the early 2000s all the NFL games were free; I never realized just how much better Papa was than all the other guys till I heard them. You can really see in your mind's eye what's going on when he describes it 

He is a great voice illustrator of games.  You are so right Seph.  Whenever I turn from watching on FOX... Papa paints the whole picture on the radio.  I never feel at a loss listening to him.  Then Banks chimes in on what play we will probably see, what the play is trying to do and how to defend against it.  Those two are like Madden and Summerall for me. :)

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I haven’t heard a better radio team. I mostly only hear them during the preseason, but Papa and Banks are far better than most other local broadcast teams.

See if you can get a national feed from then.  Go online and punch in WFAN... you will get the Giants radio feed with Papa and Banks... the great Howard Cross and other Giants greats are on the sidelines reporting on happening things.  Cross and Banks told Papa that the Buffalo QB concussion protocol was bullshit.  It takes at least a half an hour for the neurologists to see if you have one.  He went into the concussion tent for eight or so minutes after that bogus roughing the passer call against the Giants while that Buffalo asshole QB had the ball and was scrambling outside of the pocket.  He was in the tent for one series and then came right back out.  Asshole according to Banks and Cross was trying to sell the roughing the passer call and that was it.  They really give you and insight into the game.

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

Best game of his career, yet he still cost the win due to a mental lapse at the biggest moment. 

He did? When was that? The sound was off at the bar we went to.

I would have blamed the loss on Graham "the Cracker" Gano, whose next good game in bad weather will be his first.