SportsWrath

Giants @ Seattle

CrazedDogs

17 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

My take aways:

Worst game of the year for Jones, however he didnt have much help out there this game. 

Jones isn't going to have that Eli magic of being able to elevate players around him.

Jones is going to need the team around him to be good if we want to have any success in the playoffs or beyond. 

Richie James needs to have the shortest memory and forget this game. He was open but he couldn't stop those mistakes. 

Defense played ok baring the short fields caused by the turnovers.

Geno is making a case for MVP and they have the rookie of the year candidate in Walker.

All in all the team atleast looked like they were in the game competitively but it's clear the difference in talent level between the two teams.

Eli had a lot more than Jones could ever dream of.   From Toomer to Plaxico to Nicks and Cruz…. Thunder and Lightning too.

Just now, Nas said:

Eli had a lot more than Jones could ever dream of.   From Toomer to Plaxico to Nicks and Cruz…. Thunder and Lightning too.

I'm not saying he didn't, but it didn't matter who Eli had out there they won.

The only reason the Giants have SB win #4 is Eli carrying that team in 2011.

Worst rushing attack and Oline in the NFL, doesn't matter to Eli.

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Didn't get to see the last quarter but Banks and Papa were saying that Jones' decision making on the final few drives was terrible. 

Like I said worst game of the year by him by far.

Could of been he was hearing footsteps again since the patchwork Oline let early pressure get to him.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Jones still not able to win with his arm and leaves the debate open.  He has no receivers, I get it...but one of these weeks he is gonna have to win the game throwing...receivers or not.

Also, Neal being out was noticeable.  

Look at Rodgers sucking fat cock without any WR to throw to.  Jones did decent today. 

18 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Like I said worst game of the year by him by far.

Could of been he was hearing footsteps again since the patchwork Oline let early pressure get to him.

I dunno man, pass protection definitely looked good in the 3 quarters I did get to see. 

4 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Missing a offensive linemen and the blocking/receiving tightend is going to get felt on the offense. That Hudson guy missed a few blocks and Barkley got hammered because of it. Tough game and no injuries I believe.  

I'm telling you Bellinger is a big miss now.

2 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Look at Rodgers sucking fat cock without any WR to throw to.  Jones did decent today. 

Decent, mistake free keeps you in games.  Being able to run keeps you in games and even wins one here and there.

Going out like a top 10 pick and putting up 4 TDs and 350 yards when you do have protection and you do have a running game in a league where they want you to throw 75% of the time should be doable...especially when they have 8 man fronts all day.

I am just saying that performances like today keep the debate open whether he should be resigned or not...to starter money or not...to long term or a prove it deal.

I was pretty cold on him at beginning of season.  He has moved the bar to lukewarm....but can't say he is a top 20 starter in this league in the long term.

Not closing the door because we have no other options really...but today was discouraging in how they lost...not that they lost

1 minute ago, gmenroc said:

Decent, mistake free keeps you in games.  Being able to run keeps you in games and even wins one here and there.

Going out like a top 10 pick and putting up 4 TDs and 350 yards when you do have protection and you do have a running game in a league where they want you to throw 75% of the time should be doable...especially when they have 8 man fronts all day.

I am just saying that performances like today keep the debate open whether he should be resigned or not...to starter money or not...to long term or a prove it deal.

I was pretty cold on him at beginning of season.  He has moved the bar to lukewarm....but can't say he is a top 20 starter in this league in the long term.

Not closing the door because we have no other options really...but today was discouraging in how they lost...not that they lost

The game felt weird.   Like the Giants were off rhythm from the beginning.  The Seahawks smothered our running game and didn’t bite on the play action.     Jones should take some of the blame but not all or even half of it.   James doesn’t shit the bed and maybe we have a very different conversation.  

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Didn't get to see the last quarter but Banks and Papa were saying that Jones' decision making on the final few drives was terrible. 

There is just nobody to throw too.  I think he was starting to press a little.  Seahawks were keeping Saquon in check and their secondary was playing well.  I really thought Jones made some really good throws and decisions, maybe I was just paying more attention but he throws had pepper on them.  

I think this game sold me on going and getting a receiver.  The defense is there, the running game is good.  DJ just needs someone to throw to. 

First inexplicably the first 2-3 drives they didnt let Saquon touch the ball. The line was pretty decent except for that 79 dude who played like garbage. The WRs just didnt get seperation. Atleast 3 instances the WR slipped and fell, there were 3 drops. We are missing Bellinger more than we thought we would. DJ basically has neither a safety cushion, nor a blazer who can draw attention from the secondary. He has NO ONE to throw the ball to. Even after that, he hasnt unnecessarily forced throws and has kept the turnovers down to an absolute minimum. I think they really need to GTFO out there and get a WR - Cooks, DJ Moore, Jeudy, Hamler, OBJ - dont care who - just get a WR.

The Giants were again in a close game that would have gone down to the wire with some clutch plays needed at the end. But those Ritchie James fumbles giving the ball to Seattle in the Redzone and putting the defense immediately back on the field after some good stops really killed us. Anyway - perfect time for the BYE week I feel - I hope we get a WR before the trade deadline - just sign OBJ!!!!

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'm not saying he didn't, but it didn't matter who Eli had out there they won.

The only reason the Giants have SB win #4 is Eli carrying that team in 2011.

Worst rushing attack and Oline in the NFL, doesn't matter to Eli.

One thing Eli did that Jones doesn’t do is elevate the play of those around him. 

Eli made guys better than they were, Jones doesn’t seem to do that, so we gotta do more to get better guys around him. 

Was the 2011-2012 season/SB all carried Eli though?

- Victor Cruz, and the running game plus defense to an extent, carried us to that win against the Jets, to make us 8-7. Eli had an otherwise bad game.

- The defense in general, which had played poorly until like week 15, really stepped up toward the end of the season and playoffs.

- The running game too, which again played poorly all season, but really stepped it up toward the last weeks of the season and playoffs.

- For all the talk about Eli working with whoever was around him, he still got great plays/contributions from Cruz, Nicks (e.g. the Packer game, one his long catch and run, and two him catching that Hail Mary), and then Manningham in the SB

- According to what metrics did we have the a bad OL? Eli was sacked only 28 times, and if you go back and watch film from that team, that OL seems to give the QB way more time than the garbage we've had the last decade since. Maybe mid season they were bad when we lost 4 straight, but that's another group that came through in the clutch (minus the SF game)

3 minutes ago, The P said:

I’m not gonna rewatch all the games but the o-line did not play well in 2011.     

yeah, they were awful. I did go back and watch some of those games a couple years ago, when we were really in the depths of our OL hell, and for fucking real the OL in 2011 was no better than that shit we were rolling out until Andrew Thomas started to come into his own. It was crazy that offense could even operate at all.

Reminds me a lot of that Bengals team last year really. 

Go back and watch like the last 6 games (minus the SF game) where they went on a tear, and where the running game was also generally good.

Plus in general, we had the 9th ranked offense that season by points.

They played well down the stretch. It wasn't just Eli. Go check out the highlights of key plays in those games and he has loads of time to throw in most instances, plus again the ground game.