SportsWrath

GM/HC thread...

Sephiroth

14 hours ago, Pdouble said:

I like Dan Quinn.  

I want a guy who has been head coach before. 

2 winning seasons as head coach of Atlanta...   no thank you, someone better has to be out there.   He will not last 3 seasons in New York

19 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

2 winning seasons as head coach of Atlanta...   no thank you, someone better has to be out there.   He will not last 3 seasons in New York

Not many out there who have coached  teams to a super bowl.   

2 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

None out there who more blew a superbowl  28-3 lead they let go and the team itself never recovered from that

Hey, you gotta get to the super bowl in order to blow the super bowl.  And you have to get a 28-3 lead in the super bowl in order to blow it. 

Flores is my first choice though.    I want a guy who has been a head coach before. 

40 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Hey, you gotta get to the super bowl in order to blow the super bowl.  And you have to get a 28-3 lead in the super bowl in order to blow it. 

Flores is my first choice though.    I want a guy who has been a head coach before. 

True, but Quinn is less than exciting option, especially coming off the Cowboy staff

1 hour ago, JayD said:

This is gonna suck. There is almost no way the owners don’t blow this. Smh

There is 3 GM candidates in the final consideration right, can't remember names but SF dude, KC dude, and Buffalo dude?    Everybody happy with those guys?  

9 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

There is 3 GM candidates in the final consideration right, can't remember names but SF dude, KC dude, and Buffalo dude?    Everybody happy with those guys?  

Yeah all three of those guys are good candidates. I like Shoen, then Peters, then Poles.  I liked Hortiz most of all but I guess he's not getting a second interview.

If we don't hire any of those guys we can always look to Chris Mara and Kevin Abrams.

39 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah all three of those guys are good candidates. I like Shoen, then Peters, then Poles.  I liked Hortiz most of all but I guess he's not getting a second interview.

If we don't hire any of those guys we can always look to Chris Mara and Kevin Abrams.

I'm on boarfd with Shoen, that has been a really solid team build.  I'd probably put Poles second due to sustained success accross multiple qbs. 

1 hour ago, Virginia Giant said:

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

48 minutes ago, Herc said:

And that franchise knew to trade up for mahomes.  He didn’t just fall in their laps.  I like the way all three teams were built.  Hopefully none of those guys were just along for the ride 

I knew nothing about any of the candidates.   Thanks to all of you here for all the info.

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'd take Schoen and Peters at this point.

Poles would be the third placed prize if the other two go elsewhere.

I don't want Flores though, I don't understand the hype.

But anyone is better than the old FO at this point.

For me it’s because he’s proven he’s a good head coach.  

Going 5-11, 10-6, 9-8 in Miami is huge.  

35 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

For me it’s because he’s proven he’s a good head coach.  

Going 5-11, 10-6, 9-8 in Miami is huge.  

Miami is a average roster, I don't see why people think it's not.

They have a pro bowl WR, two of them now, a good RB, and a decent Oline.

Their defense is a top 12 defense in the NFL.

It's not like he took the NY Jets (or GIants lol) and sent them to the playoffs, he had an average team and they played average.

Also his track record against winning teams is awful, he only has six wins against teams with a .500 record or better in his coaching career, and three of them were against the Pats.

He's beat up on losing teams and didn't show up against average teams.

I don't know I think it's all hype.