SportsWrath

GM/HC thread...

Sephiroth

20 hours ago, Pdouble said:

Not making a thread for it, but Carolina hired Mcadoo as their OC. 

I was just thinking about him and how blackballed he has been rightfully... for that dumbass decision to sit Eli.  That one stupid ass decision will haunt him the rest of his professional life.

29 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I was just thinking about him and how blackballed he has been rightfully... for that dumbass decision to sit Eli.  That one stupid ass decision will haunt him the rest of his professional life.

All he had to do was start Webb instead of Geno Smith and I wouldn’t have hated the decision as much as I did.  Still would have hated it, but to bench him for Geno Smith was extra fucked up.  

At least bench him for the potential future. 

3 hours ago, Pdouble said:

All he had to do was start Webb instead of Geno Smith and I wouldn’t have hated the decision as much as I did.  Still would have hated it, but to bench him for Geno Smith was extra fucked up.  

Yeah that was the really shitty part.  

8 hours ago, Pdouble said:

For sure... that decision was come and fire me now...

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

How/why is Dan Quinn such a hot commodity this coaching cycle?  He's like the defensive Norv Turner. 

Some guys are just coordinators and he strikes me as that kind of guy. 

1 hour ago, Herc said:

He doesn’t get me excited either but he’s not awful enough for me to not talk myself Into it if they hire him 

Not a Quinn guy but at least he was a head coach.  The coordinator that everyone seems to be overjoyed with might be a career coordinator IMHO.

57 minutes ago, JayD said:

I wish I could feel as positive about all this as you guys. I don’t see a single coach available that is worth anything. I think in 3 to 5 years this is all going to have to happen again. 

I think it's a better coaching pool then say the coaching pool when we hired Judge.

A lot of guys out there who have coached teams, even playoff caliber teams.

Also coordinators out there who have been chomping at the bit.

Keep in mind Coughlin was considered a "coach on the downside" after his three losing seasons with the Jags. 

2 hours ago, JayD said:

I wish I could feel as positive about all this as you guys. I don’t see a single coach available that is worth anything. I think in 3 to 5 years this is all going to have to happen again. 

I think that's how far away the Giants are from really competing., 3-5 years. Maybe a bigger name in those later years. Tried to many times looking for lightening in a bottle. At least two years to get out of this cap hell. 

13 hours ago, jranieli said:

I think that's how far away the Giants are from really competing., 3-5 years. Maybe a bigger name in those later years. Tried to many times looking for lightening in a bottle. At least two years to get out of this cap hell. 

I think next year is going to be the "cut the dead weight, get lots of draft picks, and probably suck, but show some flashes" year. 

The following year is going to be the "show me you can be competitive and climb near .500" year. 

Year after that will be the "get into the playoffs" year. 

14 hours ago, jranieli said:

won't be difficult to de-cap, lots of cuttable or restructurable salary, and 2023's books are already pretty clean. 

the Giants cap situation really, really does not qualify as cap hell. Its not great or good, but it isn't like a New Orleans situation either. 

3 minutes ago, JayD said:

Hope you guys are right. I just have zero faith in the owners of this team. Whatev, hoping for the best. 

Probably a few years late on this, but I would have loved to see Marvin Lewis get an interview.