SportsWrath

GM/HC thread...

Sephiroth

26 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

And yet they still got Judge to melt the fuck down. 

Judge is the master of the stupid answer!

"So what did you think about the offense's performance.  You only scored 3 points." 

Well, our guys went out and practiced hard, you can't focus on results, we're in a submarine and behind the scenes everything is awesome. 

12 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Dude is a headcase who would collapse in front of the New York Media.  Zero interest in that. 

Well... there are a few thoughts I have about that... 1) Maybe we need a fucking headcase... like really... we need someone yelling and kicking and screaming.. 2) As we get older, we change... in that respect, maybe this guy is not THAT much of a headcase after all... 

Joe Schoen apparently interviewed really well.  Hortiz is my #1 guy, but I think Schoen might be my #2. 

Peters is intriguing to me and is very highly regarded, but hasn't been there as long and his teams have had double-digit losses in four of his six seasons.  That honestly doesn't wow me; ideally I'd like sustained results for our next guy.  

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Joe Schoen apparently interviewed really well.  Hortiz is my #1 guy, but I think Schoen might be my #2. 

Peters is intriguing to me and is very highly regarded, but hasn't been there as long and his teams have had double-digit losses in four of his six seasons.  That honestly doesn't wow me; ideally I'd like sustained results for our next guy.  

I'm just now learning about all these guys. I think I'm leaning Horitz because of the sustained team success and scouting acumen. 

But this is a much better - massive understatement - group of interviewees than back in 2017.

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'm just now learning about all these guys. I think I'm leaning Horitz because of the sustained team success and scouting acumen. 

But this is a much better - massive understatement - group of interviewees than back in 2017.

For real.

Gettleman, Chris Mara, Abrams, and Marc Ross. One is the owner's brother and two of the other guys are out of football... it's like they weren't even trying.

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

For real.

Gettleman, Chris Mara, Abrams, and Marc Ross. One is the owner's brother and two of the other guys are out of football... it's like they weren't even trying.

Don’t forget Riddick, the Rooney candidate.  

59 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I like Dan Quinn.  

I want a guy who has been head coach before. 

It's funny I was thinking Quinn for DC.

But let's see how he interviews for HC.

I wonder if this means they already got a soft yes for a GM. 

15 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's funny I was thinking Quinn for DC.

But let's see how he interviews for HC.

I wonder if this means they already got a soft yes for a GM. 

He’s gonna be a headcoach somewhere. 

Soft yes or he’s a mutual candidate of the GMs we are choosing between.