SportsWrath

Giants Cut Preston Parker/Re-sign Kenrick Ellis

Mr. P

They kind of have pie on their face...telling Jones that you're going with "our guys" over him when "our guys," suck donkey dick. Jones has 3 tds in 2 games and was a butt close to a 4th. Glad he's cut, get Davis on the field.

Yep.. really upsetting.

Parker had the drops, but please blame on the right player. Eli and his bonehead mistakes cost us both those games way more that Parker!

lol, yeah, but at least Eli sometimes makes good plays, and is generally neutral. Parker fucked up the majority of the times he had a chance to touch the ball.

Not a lot of tears being shed about Parker getting cut. Fans have the right to be tough on athletes. Without the fans dumping their hard earned money to watch them play, many of those players would be parking cars or driving a cab and have no idea how to stretch 30k a year around to survive. A player plays for the team and it's coaches, but ultimately the fans. And with that little ditty off my chest, I say good riddance to Parker.

Thing is he doesn't play slot he would of played behind Randle at the X receiver spot

And Randle is on fire. Seriously the Giants should have declined the trade knowing how Randle's performance has been. If Jones was still on the Giants this would have been a Parker cut and Randle demoted thread.

Parker had the drops, but please blame on the right player. Eli and his bonehead mistakes cost us both those games way more that Parker!

But who knows what would have happened if just one of those third down catches (out of 3) against Dallas were caught by Parker...or if he stepped up and made the play at the end of the Falcons game. It was admittedly, a tough catch, but one NFL receivers routinely make...not saying we would have drove the rest of the field and went in for a touchdown, but we will never know...

The whole "Jones didn't want to be #4" argument is bullshit. He signed a contract and the Giants owned his rights. If he didn't like his role, his only options were to hold out, retire or request to be traded.

If GB were talking to his agent while he was under contract with the Giants then that's hella shady.

Thing is he doesn't play slot he would of played behind Randle at the X receiver spot

I'm not so sure he'd still be behind Randle, though...I think I read that Randle's knee tendinitis was known before they cut Jones...and seeing how ineffective he is on the field right now, I would be willing to bet James Jones would be number 2 right now...

Do we have options now??? I'm quite worried right now at the WR spot, not as worried with Parker but still we need some depth

There is always Wes Welker :cwy:

I gotta say, you were right, the receiver situation now looks bleak when it didn't really when Cruz was on track to come back and Jones was on the team...

And Randle is on fire. Seriously the Giants should have declined the trade knowing how Randle's performance has been. If Jones was still on the Giants this would have been a Parker cut and Randle demoted thread.

That's the other thing, they didn't even trade him! He was flat out released...

The whole "Jones didn't want to be #4" argument is bullshit. He signed a contract and the Giants owned his rights. If he didn't like his role, his only options were to hold out, retire or request to be traded.

If GB were talking to his agent while he was under contract with the Giants then that's hella shady.

Players asked to be released all the time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523186/article/reggie-wayne-granted-release-from-patriots

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/08/31/ryan-broyles-detroit-lions/71447238/

I mean would you rather release someone outright, or have them sit inactive all year taking up a roster spot while the NFLPA files injunctions against your organization.

Players asked to be released all the time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523186/article/reggie-wayne-granted-release-from-patriots

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/08/31/ryan-broyles-detroit-lions/71447238/

I mean would you rather release someone outright, or have them sit inactive all year taking up a roster spot while the NFLPA files injunctions against your organization.

Players who aren't going to see the field ask for release. And Jones didn't ask for a release, he was cut at the deadline. In Wayne's case it was purely a face-saving courtesy so he didn't get cut. Players don't ask to be released so they can go play for a better team. That's what trades are for.

Fact is, Coughlin decided not to keep him over Parker. He fucked up.

Players who aren't going to see the field ask for release. And Jones didn't ask for a release, he was cut at the deadline. In Wayne's case it was purely a face-saving courtesy so he didn't get cut. Players don't ask to be released so they can go play for a better team. That's what trades are for.

Fact is, Coughlin decided not to keep him over Parker. He fucked up.

But Jones was thankful for his brief stint in New York. He saw it as the perfect tune up -- with the same playbook -- before rejoiningAaron Rodgers.

"I truly believe the Lord sent me to the Giants for a reason because it wasn't to make the team, it was to polish off all my skills," Jones told The MMQB. "I was on my couch for a minute, and then I was able to go to the Giants, where the playbook is almost identical because Ben McAdoo was with the Packers for so long, and he took that offense over there. I was able to polish off all the rust, play in some games and able to get in football shape. So when I came here, it was all second nature. There were a couple new plays that Aaron had put in and a couple new signals, but we talked about that and were able to get on the same page with that."

Jones went on to say that he told Tom Coughlin he wasn't going to accept a bit role in the offense, especially if that meant Jones not being active every week.

He asked for a release because he wasnt going to see the field.

Is it that hard for people to understand?

He didn't have an option to "not accept a bit role". He was under contract.

Regardless, Coughlin CHOSE to keep Parker over Jones. It was HIS decision to make, not Jones', and he's the one who wears this debacle.

Obviously he did if he was released from the team.

You think a team is going to keep a player around when they say "Oh I'll stay on the team, as long as I'm not used how you are going to use me"

Parker was kept because he would "play the bit role" that Jones told everyone that he didnt want and WOULD not play.

There is always Wes Welker :cwy:

I gotta say, you were right, the receiver situation now looks bleak when it didn't really when Cruz was on track to come back and Jones was on the team...

That's what I was afraid about :(

Obviously he did if he was released from the team.

You think a team is going to keep a player around when they say "Oh I'll stay on the team, as long as I'm not used how you are going to use me"

Parker was kept because he would "play the bit role" that Jones told everyone that he didnt want and WOULD not play.

Again, he didn't have a choice. It was stupid to cut him, particularly with a question mark still hanging over Cruz. Here's the full quote from Jones:

From talking to [Tom] Coughlin, he was telling me I had a great camp, and I was one of the best receivers out there -- I led the whole team in preseason -- but these other guys they are going to go with. And I understood that. And to be honest with you, I told Coach Coughlin that I didn't want to be one of those guys who dressed one week, didn't dress another week, especially me going on nine years in the NFL. I wanted to have the opportunity to go somewhere and play and be a part of an offense.

They already had the guys they wanted, so I think it was just out of respect for me to let me go, because I really wasn't going to be a big part of the offense, because they already had their top three guys they wanted, whether I outplayed them or not.

Sounds to me more like he was being told he wasn't making the team, not the other way around.

Jones was under contract. HE had no choice in the matter. HE voiced his opinion.

The GIANTS had the choice to make....have a disgruntled 4th WR on the roster or cut him as part of whittling down the final roster.

In hindsight, the GIANTS should have kept him and cut Parker. That's clear.

I don't fault Jones for wanting to play and not get buried on the depth chart, especially when it was clear to him then and clear to everyone now, that he was/is the better option at WR. At the same time, I don't fault the Giants for cutting him given they likely took special teams play into account when considering which one to let go.

Lastly, if Green Bay was talking to Jones' agent before he was cut, that's tampering if I've ever heard it. If that's true, you could look at Jones' conversation with Giants management as a means to get back to Green Bay without Green Bay having to pay for him. I suppose Jones and his agent could've formulated that plan on their own and eliminate the tampering allegations against Green Bay...but the point is, if Green Bay was at all involved before Jones was cut, it's tampering.