SportsWrath

Giants Cut Preston Parker/Re-sign Kenrick Ellis

Mr. P

Ruben Randle is playing like... Ruben Randle. Aside from a handful of games at the end of each year, he's never been good, never clutch, never visible, and certainly not a difference maker. It's great that he beats up on the Jacksonvilles and Tennesees of the world but honestly, he's just not good. He runs the square-in well, but even then his other routes are poor, he doesn't know where to be, doesn't catch with his hands, can't time his jumps, and doesn't appear to be much of a blocker.

Does he have time to get it together? Yes, but I don't understand why you'd keep a player who was clearly outperformed in the name of "well, we hope he gets better." These are horrible personnel decisions.

No, he's never been this invisible. His seasonal averages for the first three years are right around 45/600/4. He's not performing even at that level now. But when you've invested a 2nd round pick and three years of development (such as it is), the worst thing you can do is cut him in his last year of a rookie contract (when he's still very cheap) and have him blossom - or at least become more useful- somewhere else. After this year, yeah, it makes sense to let him walk but I understand keeping him for this year, just to see if they can't get something out of the investment.

I really do not want him on the team giving those in charge some sort of weird impression that we are fine because we have a depth of average talent at the position after obj

This... I never liked Gumby... shit Gumby would give you more effort... :P

Not sure Taylor was that great. Depends on how great were talking. He was a good complimentary piece. Was thinking Carter/Moss they were together only 4 years though

John Taylor was an unbelievable WR. I'm sure he would've been an Hall of Fame player if he didn't play next to Jerry Rice.