SportsWrath

Giants Cut Preston Parker/Re-sign Kenrick Ellis

Mr. P

EAST RUTHERFORD ‐ The Giants are adding a defensive tackle familiar with their system. They're re-signing Kenrick Ellis, who was a surprising cut this summer, according to multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation. The individuals requested anonymity because the move was not yet announced.

The Giants signed Ellis as a free agent this offseason. He received a one-year, $1.15 million deal with $500K guaranteed. Ellis had spent the previous four years with the Jets, but was unable to beat out Markus Kuhn and Jay Bromley for a roster spot this summer.

Ellis, 27, joins the team two days before a Thursday night matchup with the Washington Redskins. Defensive tackles Cullen Jenkins (hamstring), Jay Bromley (knee) and Kuhn (knee) were on the Giants injury report on Monday.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/09/giants_to_re-sign_defensive_tackle_kenrick_ellis_p.html

Parker cost us 2 games. I do not feel bad.

Getting Ellis back is a positive thing.

The O-line is very shallow right now. Kinda expecting a move to at least get one more linemen on the team. Haven't heard if Flowers will be ready for Thursday night or not. Sure hope so.

They kind of have pie on their face...telling Jones that you're going with "our guys" over him when "our guys," suck donkey dick. Jones has 3 tds in 2 games and was a butt close to a 4th. Glad he's cut, get Davis on the field.

They kind of have pie on their face...telling Jones that you're going with "our guys" over him when "our guys," suck donkey dick. Jones has 3 tds in 2 games and was a butt close to a 4th. Glad he's cut, get Davis on the field.

No one told Jones anything, he left because he told the Giant's he didnt want to play behind OBJ/Cruz/Randle.

Not to mention I'm sure his agent was salivating at the idea of Nelson going down and Jones going back to be one of the main guys (i.e. a big pay day) in Green Bay.

Whoever posted the article needs to post it again because I'm fairly sure that is exactly what Jones said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000533301/article/james-jones-brief-stint-with-giants-helped-me

But Jones was thankful for his brief stint in New York. He saw it as the perfect tune up -- with the same playbook -- before rejoiningAaron Rodgers.

"I truly believe the Lord sent me to the Giants for a reason because it wasn't to make the team, it was to polish off all my skills," Jones told The MMQB. "I was on my couch for a minute, and then I was able to go to the Giants, where the playbook is almost identical because Ben McAdoo was with the Packers for so long, and he took that offense over there. I was able to polish off all the rust, play in some games and able to get in football shape. So when I came here, it was all second nature. There were a couple new plays that Aaron had put in and a couple new signals, but we talked about that and were able to get on the same page with that."

Jones went on to say that he told Tom Coughlin he wasn't going to accept a bit role in the offense, especially if that meant Jones not being active every week.

Did no one tell him or have the foresight to realize Cruz isn't coming back any time soon?

Like I said I'm sure the moment that Nelson went down, Jone's agent was on the phone with the Packers as much as he could be.

I wouldn't be surprised if they told Coughlin and Co to fuck off and release him because he knew he would be getting more playtime in Green Bay, which equates to the bigger pay day down the road, not to mention the better possibility of a playoff run.

It sounds like it was a bit of each.

And honestly, who wouldn't want to go with Ruben Randle and a one-footed Victor Cruz over a guy that has 3 TDs already?

I honestly don't see why Jones would want to stay in NY when he knew GB is welcoming him back with open arms.

Like it said in both articles Jones basically asked to be let go.

I honestly don't see why Jones would want to stay in NY when he knew GB is welcoming him back with open arms.

Like it said in both articles Jones basically asked to be let go.

Yeah, but it does say he thought they were going with those three guys and after Coughlin confirmed it, he asked to be let go. It's not like he just strolled into the office and asked for it; Coughlin said the highest he'd be is #4 on the depth chart.