SportsWrath

The 2014 NFL Draft Day Thread

Lughead

And Beckham has long arms, can pluck the ball out of the air in stride.

It came down to filling a need at WR or a need in the Oline.

Honestly we the depth at the Oline every year in the draft, I have no problem getting one of the best WRs in the draft, according to all these "experts" anyways.

As long as you don't judge him on height LOL.

Honestly we the depth at the Oline every year in the draft, I have no problem getting one of the best WRs in the draft, according to all these "experts" anyways.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic earlier about his height. I knew it was coming from everybody. PDub nailed it.

i would've been cool with lewan but it has really just seemed like the main selling point with martin was his flexibility.

Exactly. Which is why I wanted him, Snee ain't got much left in the tank. Good thing for us is that the latter half of the 1st round had a run/reach for defensive backs, still lots of good, quality offensive lineman to be drafted.

Shocked that Cyrus Kuoandjio, Bitonio, Morgan Moses... all still available. Along with S'ua-Filo, Trai Turner, David Yankey, a lot of OL talent still left. Also, keep an eye out for Chris Borland... if he is there, could be a coup at 43. A lot of DT talent still left with Stephon Tuitt, Rashede Hageman and Timmy Jernigan. Plus a ton of WR talent still left... and I think there is still room for the Giants to take another one. Allen Robinson, Moncrief, the guy I really like, Martavis Bryant, Jordan Matthews, Cody Latimer, TE value is there in the 2nd with Sefarian-Jenkins. Others will also say Jace Amaro, but I am not a believer. How about Bishop Sankey or Tre Mason at RB? (I prefer Sankey). A ton of talent, and we should have a nice prize at 43.

I like the fact that he uses height as some sort of factor in draft position.

It's like saying we shouldn't of drafted Pugh because he has short arms.

Certainly. The kid is a ball hawk illusive and somehow stays upright... And he goes up for the ball.

Yup - and both positions are stacked this year so either way, they'll get both a stud lineman and we got the stud WR.

Been studying this move and I'm warming up to Beckham. Even at 5'11", he can stuff a basketball - and not just stuff it, but a behind the back, between the legs, two hand slam type of stuff. That's really rare among people shorter than 6 feet. He also has freakishly big hands.

He played in the toughest conference by quite a margin and still put up 1000+ yard seasons. He was also the the winner of the 2013Paul Hornung Award, presented annually to the most versatile player in major college football so he's not just an athletic freak of nature, he has actually put together a solid résumé as a productive football player in the toughest division.

Other good news about him: Eagles were enamored with him and wanted him. Also, the Jets wanted him. so...in yer face boys!

I'm still scratching my head a bit but with all the OL talent still available, I'm feeling a little better.

I mean hell, at least we didn't reach for Kelvin Benjamin or Ryan Shazier in the first. I guess it could have been worse.

I'm still scratching my head a bit but with all the OL talent still available, I'm feeling a little better.

I mean hell, at least we didn't reach for Kelvin Benjamin or Ryan Shazier in the first. I guess it could have been worse.

I'm thinking the same thing. Cyrus Kouandjio, Morgan Moses, Xavier Su'a-Filo, Joel Bitonio, David Yankey, Trai Turner (the fastest rising player in the entire draft), and then there's Marcus Martin and Weston Richburg the two top centers in the draft. Most of these guys (except Turner and Yankey) had first round grades on them. Unless there is a huge run on offensive linemen, the Giants should have a stud fall in their laps.

I would love Kouandjio or Su'a-Filo, but I trust the Giants' scouts and the front office to know best. I'm just a fan who reads hundreds of opinions from guys who make a living writing about whose best, but aren't good enough to be hired by teams who must win.

On the other hand (besides 4 fingers and a thumb), I'd love any of the top 3 TE's left on the board as well. I have to think the Giants are thinking OL though....but you never know what's going through their minds.

There was a huge run at DBs... Bleedin proved me wrong indeed but damn. I have to admit.. as much as I LOVE this kid, I still feel a void in my heart with Donald and Martin not being picking instead.... especially after hearing Donald is the same size as Sapp when he was drafted... nonetheless I'd like some assurance on this 2nd day of the draft.. who's still available..

I'm thinking the same thing. Cyrus Kouandjio, Morgan Moses, Xavier Su'a-Filo, Joel Bitonio, David Yankey, Trai Turner (the fastest rising player in the entire draft), and then there's Marcus Martin and Weston Richburg the two top centers in the draft. Most of these guys (except Turner and Yankey) had first round grades on them. Unless there is a huge run on offensive linemen, the Giants should have a stud fall in their laps.

I would love Kouandjio or Su'a-Filo, but I trust the Giants' scouts and the front office to know best. I'm just a fan who reads hundreds of opinions from guys who make a living writing about whose best, but aren't good enough to be hired by teams who must win.

On the other hand (besides 4 fingers and a thumb), I'd love any of the top 3 TE's left on the board as well. I have to think the Giants are thinking OL though....but you never know what's going through their minds.

Jews don't give up anything.. get this guy :P

P.S. The Giants pick 11th in the 2nd and 10th in the 3rd rd

Jews don't give up anything.. get this guy :P

P.S. The Giants pick 11th in the 2nd and 10th in the 3rd rd

Where you getting this 11th, and 10th pick news Naz? Did some team get punished or something. I can't find anything on the internet that shows anything other than the 12th pick in both rounds. I hope you're right.

Where you getting this 11th, and 10th pick news Naz? Did some team get punished or something. I can't find anything on the internet that shows anything other than the 12th pick in both rounds. I hope you're right.

I read it somewhere yesterday.. prob the daily news or something.. i'll try to look it up

Here

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2000000336545/article/2014-nfl-draft-order

Yeah...just found that on ESPN, I just hadn't heard that and I'm stumped as to why that is. I guess someone will know by the end of the day.

NFL Network said, "see you tomorrow at 7:00 for the second day of the draft". Are they on the clock at 7:00, or is it an hour of pre-draft hype?

Yeah...just found that on ESPN, I just hadn't heard that and I'm stumped as to why that is. I guess someone will know by the end of the day.

NFL Network said, "see you tomorrow at 7:00 for the second day of the draft". Are they on the clock at 7:00, or is it an hour of pre-draft hype?

We pick 43 and 74, It's always been that way. Giants,Detroit, and Titans all finished 7-9, so the picks flip each round.

I think they start picking at 7:00 Each team has 7 minutes for pics in the second round. So hopefully they get going pretty quickly.

Then they start picking at 12 on Saturday which really works for me, kids have baseball games and I should be home by 1 the latest.