SportsWrath

The 2014 NFL Draft Day Thread

Lughead

Looking back now. I seriously feel for the jag fans. What a shit organization. They could of match Blackmon with a Watkins. Then wait for another QB or judging by the flow of the draft you trade up for a Derek Carr or Bridgewater.

The Jags got the best QB in this class, and it's not close. The Jags finally get a QB who is a winner, and will make them better. We'll all look back at today as a turning point for the Jags organization.

The Jags got the best QB in this class, and it's not close. The Jags finally get a QB who is a winner, and will make them better. We'll all look back at today as a turning point for the Jags organization.

You can't predict who the better QB right now.. Just like how I seriously think a Derek Carr will be the best QB here. I'm just pointing out the insane WR due with Blackmon and Sammy Watkins.

there's no reason for the Chiefs to go after a qb. Alex Smith did nothing wrong last year and they traded picks to get him.

He's 30 and doesnt win games.

Chiefs had all the reason in the world to grab a QB who can actually win the game.

Once again, I agree with Dan Graziano

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/36080/giants-pick-odell-beckham-jr-in-1st

My take: I don't like it, honestly. And this is nothing against the player, who's superfast and might well turn out to be a star. This isn't about predicting how these guys will play, because we can't. It's about assessing what kind of job the team did in maximizing the value of its pick. And in a draft like this, with so much talent at wide receiver, I don't see why a wide receiver under 6 feet tall is worth the No. 12 overall pick. I think the Giants could have addressed offensive line here with Zack Martin and figured out wide receiver later on. And as you know, I think improving the overall talent level on the offensive line should have been priority No. 1.

The ones that got away? A lot of Giants fans had been hoping for tight end Eric Ebron or tackle Taylor Lewan, who went Nos. 10 and 11, respectively, to Detroit and Tennessee. I do not believe the Giants would have picked either of those players over Beckham. Based on conversations I had in the days leading up to the draft, the Giants came out of their pre-draft interactions with Lewan with enough questions about his makeup to push him off their board. And Ebron plays tight end and doesn't block, and since the Giants don't value the tight end position enough to merit spending a pick this high on it, I do not believe he was in consideration for them here. I thought they'd take Martin, but there were a lot of people in this team's draft room who thought Beckham was a difference-maker, and they think they can get their offensive line help later.

What's next: The Giants hold the 11th pick in the second round (No. 43 overall), which is likely too far down to allow them to trade back up into the first, and they hold the 10th pick in the third round (No. 74 overall). So those are two pretty good picks Friday night that should allow them to address the interior of the offensive line. Look for them to look at a center in the second round, and keep an eye on Colorado State's Weston Richburg if he doesn't go tonight. They also hold a fourth-round pick, two fifth-round picks and a sixth-round pick Saturday. They traded their seventh-round pick for linebacker Jon Beason early last season.

i feel better about liking this pick if graziano hates it to be honest

I like the fact that he uses height as some sort of factor in draft position.

It's like saying we shouldn't of drafted Pugh because he has short arms.

i feel better about liking this pick if graziano hates it to be honest

Graziano was pretty much right throughout 2013.

Reese had the choice between Martin and a glitter pick, and he went with the glitter pick. Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm sure he'll continue to disappoint me throughout the draft.

But then again, he had a sweet draft in 2007.....I think he'll be able to squeeze a few more seasons out of that one.

I like the fact that he uses height as some sort of factor in draft position.

It's like saying we shouldn't of drafted Pugh because he has short arms.

And Beckham has long arms, can pluck the ball out of the air in stride.