SportsWrath

The 2014 NFL Draft Day Thread

Lughead

I remember last year when the Cowboys burned their first round pick on a center and my jaw dropped saying "WTF". Turned out to be a very solid pick. I think this will be the same situation with us, only we only had to burn a 2 on our center of the future. And believe it or not, we really needed a center. The guy we picked up in free agency is a lifetime backup and not the final solution for our line. Also, Westburg plays both guard positions and has even played LT. He's versatile, but a damn good center.

What blows me away is absolutely no one seems to think a RB is worth drafting this year. There's a couple of stud RB's, but they are being totally ignored. Surprising.

I remember last year when the Cowboys burned their first round pick on a center and my jaw dropped saying "WTF". Turned out to be a very solid pick. I think this will be the same situation with us, only we only had to burn a 2 on our center of the future. And believe it or not, we really needed a center. The guy we picked up in free agency is a lifetime backup and not the final solution for our line. Also, Westburg plays both guard positions and has even played LT. He's versatile, but a damn good center.

What blows me away is absolutely no one seems to think a RB is worth drafting this year. There's a couple of stud RB's, but they are being totally ignored. Surprising.

they just aren't worth it anymore. even if you hit on one it's not like he's not a ten year player

Welcome to todays NFL, where RBs are now WRs who can block and run from time to time.

they just aren't worth it anymore. even if you hit on one it's not like he's not a ten year player

They certainly do have a short life span in the NFL.

I think if I was a RB in college, I would tell the coach, "I wanna block and be a great receiving RB as well as carry the ball". That would make me valuable come draft day. There's a ton of kids who can carry the ball fast until they get their knees speared a hundred times a year and become almost a cripple

teams use RB by committee now. AP was the last Rb to be worth a 1st RD. to many beenie wells, chris perry or Trent Richardson's out there. you can get the same production out of a 2-3 round RB.

No problem with Richburg... I think the Giants are doing well... there are still guys I really like left for the third that I will be holding my breath for the Giants to take.

I'm really surprised Chris Borland has not come off the board. I think he could be a tremendous understudy to Jon Beason and start next to him right away.

I'm still ok with the Giants taking another WR... and Martavis Bryant of Clemson is the guy I'm really high on. Allen Robinson also could be in play from Penn State.

The last of the top-ranked TE's, CJ Fiedorowicz... could be one of the best values in the draft. He was in a heavy run offense, and really wasn't able to showcase himself, but he destroyed the combine, has amazing hands, and has a big ceiling, IMO... could end up being a top ten TE in the NFL.

Who are you guys looking at that are still hanging around?

No problem with Richburg... I think the Giants are doing well... there are still guys I really like left for the third that I will be holding my breath for the Giants to take.

I'm really surprised Chris Borland has not come off the board. I think he could be a tremendous understudy to Jon Beason and start next to him right away.

I'm still ok with the Giants taking another WR... and Martavis Bryant of Clemson is the guy I'm really high on. Allen Robinson also could be in play from Penn State.

The last of the top-ranked TE's, CJ Fiedorowicz... could be one of the best values in the draft. He was in a heavy run offense, and really wasn't able to showcase himself, but he destroyed the combine, has amazing hands, and has a big ceiling, IMO... could end up being a top ten TE in the NFL.

Who are you guys looking at that are still hanging around?

Ealy, the DE, if they don't think JPP can jump back.

Or Nix the DT, he can come in and help anchor the Dline.

Or like you said Borland.

They have a lot of corners already, certainly, they could add a safety, but I think they might be able to fit one corner on the roster barring injury, but I don't think it's a high priority at all. And there goes Allen Robinson.

I believe Trai Turner is still available also.