SportsWrath

The 2014 NFL Draft Day Thread

Lughead

I was looking over who was left for OL Prospects then remembered we took a ton of FA OL as usual we need a TE just like every year we need a Lber and there are 2 TE's left that we can get in 4 5 or 6 Rnds we could Use some DL help and CB help . and there is Borland sitting there

Also, if the Giants are desperate for a TE in this draft... Arthur Lynch could be a possibility, but I think it's a reach here in the 3rd.

It's come to the point that I wouldn't take any. I wouldn't have taken any after Amaro.

I read the Syracuse papers everyday and he is their star of the draft. Last year, Pugh was the star of their draft. Good attitude, good size, high character guy who is a baller. His downside was that he played in Syracuse which plays high level talent, but haven't become elite in well over a decade and highly rated players come from SEC and Big 12 schools. He'll surprise.

Well, Jay Bromley it is... I don't know much about him. Time to do some study. Certainly DT was a position of need. So hopefully he will be a player.

NFL.com analysis says he could use more glass in his diet....... What the HELL DOES THAT MEAN?

Jesus, everything I'm reading has our 2nd rounder projected as a 3rd or 4th pick and our 3rd rounder anywhere between a 4th and "late round" selection. All I know about most of these college players is what I learn here, so someone talk me off the ledge here!

Jesus, everything I'm reading has our 2nd rounder projected as a 3rd or 4th pick and our 3rd rounder anywhere between a 4th and "late round" selection. All I know about most of these college players is what I learn here, so someone talk me off the ledge here!

haha, well an actual nfl scout just drafted them in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Like I said I had the Giants drafting Bromley in the fifth. So jump!

Rankings don't mean squat after the top 20-25. What the analysts do not take into consideration is character and personal drive/motivation. They pore over stats and tend to cozy up to players from SEC and Big 12 schools. The teams' inside scouts know a hell of a lot more than the magazines. I believe the Giants are looking for guys with instincts and have drive. They've been burned too many times by guys from big schools who get lazy and lose their drive after getting their millions. Hard to detect, but it's the most important thing in a player. We've been burned with the Daynes, and Josephs who got their millions, then walked the dog and bought hookers, bling, and expensive rides while being satisfied to have "made it" when they got drafted and guaranteed millions whether the worked hard or simply acted like a playboy.