SportsWrath

The 2014 NFL Draft Day Thread

Lughead

Glad Amaro is gone... I think he's the 4th best TE in this draft... maybe. And that pick is hopefully going to push a good player down to us. As fans, we have to get off of this notion that an offensive lineman MUST be drafted at all costs. We will likely pick one, but don't forget we acquired several linemen already, and there is still a second free agent period to go, and changes can and probably will be made up until the start of the season and maybe thereafter.

Personally, I think Beatty will be fine going into this year, and what most fans are discounting how the new offense, featuring a quicker pass attack, will be helpful to the line and Eli.

No way, look at the tape of Sefarian-Jenkins... there is no tape that exists for Adrien Robinson like that. Moreover, ASJ moves better than Robinson, he's as fast as a wide receiver and he's 260+ lbs. ASJ is a freak of nature, and he would be an easy first rounder if not for off the field concerns. I think CJ Fiedorowicz is the best value, however, in round 3 if he's there.

What do you want to be that the Giants take Louis Nix?

I give up trying to figure out what the Giants will do. I want Morgan Moses and that's why I think they'll grab Nix....or maybe Tuitt.

I want Moses too

Hmmm.... Jags take Marqise Lee, I was not a fan of him. I think the Jaguars would've helped Bortles more by taking Kuoandjio. Surprised that the big fella is still available... teams must be concerned with his knee, especially considering a guy that is in the 320 lb-330 lb range.

He was considered the best center in the draft for months. Marcus Martin slipped ahead of him later on, but there are still boards that call him the most polished and best center in the draft. I'm happy to have a healthy, great technician, young guy taking over at center. I am very happy with this pick. Maybe it's not sexy like a WR or QB, but he's a guy that loves the trench and owns his spot in the trench.