SportsWrath

Time for ownership to make the call.

JMFP

The Giants once had Landry running the defense, and Lombardi running the offense......I don't expect guys like that to grow on trees, but clearly, this franchise can do alot better.

Mara and Reese need to get together with Coughlin and tell him that they need to upgrade the coordinators with an eye toward a replacement when Coughlin retires....that is how it should be phrased.

If I were Mara/Tisch, this would be my conversation:

"Tom.....we need to have guys in house that can run this team when you decide to leave.....we don't have those guys on this team right now, and I'm making an ownership decision to get them, in 2014."

I've actually warmed to Fewell a little bit. Turns out when you're not trotting out the Mark Herzlichs and Spencer Paysingers of the world, he's a half-decent coordinator.

Gilly has to go, end of story. That offensive showing against the league's worst D was pathetic.

I think it is time to move on from this coaching staff. Thank them, and ask Coughlin to resign at the end of the season. If he doesn't, fire him.

I actually think the coaches are the only reason we have 4 wins. Coughlin won't let these guys quit. If this were Fassel, the record would be 1-10.

I'm not going to defend Gilly, but the gambles at O-line and linebacker by Reese clearly haven't paid off, and bit us in the ass. Eli has about two seconds to throw back there... people are talking about the "improved blocking" he's getting... I guess it is an improvement over .5 seconds, but it's sure not an NFL-caliber line.

This is a piss-poor team Reese has assembled, and he needs to be put on notice at least as much as the coaches.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coughlin "retires" at the end of the season.

Frankly, he deserves to retire.....if I had his hardware, I wouldn't stick around any more to let Reese's dumb ass decisions fuck up my legacy.

This reminds me of the old CE thread on the Gman's board....where MJ had Tisch trying to coax Fassell up into the truck to go for a "ride in the country".

"Come on boy....jump on up...jump on up...we're going for a ride ..yes we are....what a good boy" Tisch choking back tears "....want me to roll down the window...yes you do...yes you do...we are going for ride....yes we are boy"...weeping.

C. Wagon.

I actually think the coaches are the only reason we have 4 wins. Coughlin won't let these guys quit. If this were Fassel, the record would be 1-10.

I'm not going to defend Gilly, but the gambles at O-line and linebacker by Reese clearly haven't paid off, and bit us in the ass. Eli has about two seconds to throw back there... people are talking about the "improved blocking" he's getting... I guess it is an improvement over .5 seconds, but it's sure not an NFL-caliber line.

This is a piss-poor team Reese has assembled, and he needs to be put on notice at least as much as the coaches.

This... just like great coaching can get stellar effort out of mediocre talent, stellar talent can cover up mediocre coaching. Reese has been riding on the coat tails of the 07 team and Eli playing out of his mind in 11 but in reality he's done nothing but put us in cap hell and make mediocre draft moves. He definitely needs to be held accountable for the situation we are in.

I think Tom still has the fire to win another superbowl, but I have zero faith in Gilly who is smart, but has the most predictable offensive plays going and doesn't mix it up with some new stuff. Fewell is also smart - almost too smart for his own good. Defenses are NOT supposed to be extremely complex - it needs to be kept simple so that everyone knows the system without having to think. Offenses are the only thing that should be complex.

Time for Fewell and Gilly to go - let Tom stay as long as he thinks he can get them back into some winning ways.

i give coughlin credit for rarely having his team quit on him but he's a terrible gameday coach. accepting that penalty against the eagles earlier this year instead of forcing them to punt is by far the dumbest decision i've ever seen a coach make.

this team has more talent than 4-7, just like it had more talent than 9-7 last year, just like it had more talent than missing the playoffs 4 out of 5 years. we should've been in the playoffs every season since 2007

I've actually warmed to Fewell a little bit. Turns out when you're not trotting out the Mark Herzlichs and Spencer Paysingers of the world, he's a half-decent coordinator.

Gilly has to go, end of story. That offensive showing against the league's worst D was pathetic.

The Giants couldn't stop the cowboys when it mattered... fewel's defense is mediocre at best

I can name at least 2 superstars who didn't just quit... They're yet to show up this year.... Hint Nicks ... JPP

True that...leaving Herself and Payless to Specials and the bench has definitely improved the defense...

This reminds me of the old CE thread on the Gman's board....where MJ had Tisch trying to coax Fassell up into the truck to go for a "ride in the country".

"Come on boy....jump on up...jump on up...we're going for a ride ..yes we are....what a good boy" Tisch choking back tears "....want me to roll down the window...yes you do...yes you do...we are going for ride....yes we are boy"...weeping.

C. Wagon.

More like this Chuck...

Change is fine and good when you're upgrading. Making a change for the sake of it is useless. Coaching is not the only reason the team is 4-7.

It's a major reason. Good coaches disguise the team's weaknesses and play up to its strengths. We were running at will... 9 10 16 yard gains and what do we do? We pass :doh:

Some of the calls that are being made out there are changes at the line where Eli is given the option to check down. Some of those draw plays you see on 3rd and long have been Eli's.

Secondly, yesterdays passing attack was about as bad as I've seen out there. Jernigan might have 3 catches but his fucking route running was a mess out there. For fuck sake he tripped Cruz going across the middle where he shouldn't have been, and how does someone blow a streak pattern down sideline by 20 fucking yards. The fumble by Cruz was him trying to get extra yards, and with all due respect we'd all give them shit for not trying harder so I feel he;s been hard done by .

And another thing, Gilbride has mixed up the run and the pass more than ever the last few games and basically we've revitalized the run game. Again he got shit for it when he didn't do it.

Look, I think he's average. He's had 2 head coach jobs and he failed miserably in both. But I don't think this mess has been mainly his fault. That said, it's not Coughlin that will have to give the blessing to release him, it's Eli.

Look, here's the deal. In no way should little Jernel Jernigan be at WR on any competitive team split wide. Maybe a backup slot guy on a competitive team. He's not a real talent on a good team. I have no idea what that offense was trying to do on Sunday. This team lacks a premier #1 receiver that Hakeem Nicks was supposed to be. They also lack an offensive line that can give a reasonably good pocket to Eli.

The better team won on Sunday... and it was a lot closer of a game given the talent then we'd like to admit. You see the Giants trying to generate a pass rush on Romo with double barrell blitzes and time and again Dallas would pick it up. The Giants then would rush 3 with 8 in coverage and it was equally ineffective. The Cowboys were simply the better team. The deficiencies of this team are very apparent and they've been obvious from the start. The O-line is in disrepair. And they could not generate a pass rush with 6 rushers much less 4.

At no point this season have the Giants really looked like a playoff team. They need to invest big time in the offensive line, particularly the interior, and the defensive front 7... what we have now is a mediocre squad that is inferior talent-wise but tries hard.

Reese takes some blame here... but Gilly's offense is completely inadequate as well, especially given the players he has, but even with better players, I still think this offensive scheme is more than faulty.