SportsWrath

The Official Keyshawn Johnson Thread

BiG PiMPiN

Guest Lockhart
I dont see anything wrong with signing keyshawn except for the fact that we need

to sign a DAM DT !!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:

Agreed, but if none is available right now, you move on to other positions of need. We all agree that the Giants need a starting DT, but that doesn't mean signing anyone. If the Giants feel none of the current free agents are capable, they shouldn't sign any of them. Who knows, maybe the signing of Keyshawn triggers a trade of Plaxico - time will tell.

Edited by Lockhart

Boy it's funny how far Plax's stock has fallen with some of you. A year ago several of you were claiming he was one of the best WR's in the league. Now you can't wait to get rid of him!

Keyshawn is a me-first player so if we sign him we better be prepared for a sideline rant or two as well as him yelling at Eli if it's not a perfect pass. Can the guy produce? I think so. But can he also be a major distraction? Absolutely. I'd hate to see us give the guy more than a three year deal. I also think the money could be better spent elsewhere, however I'll begrudgingly admit that a Keyshawn signing would likely pay dividends.

Guest Lockhart
Boy it's funny how far Plax's stock has fallen with some of you. A year ago several of you were claiming he was one of the best WR's in the league. Now you can't wait to get rid of him!

Keyshawn is a me-first player so if we sign him we better be prepared for a sideline rant or two as well as him yelling at Eli if it's not a perfect pass. Can the guy produce? I think so. But can he also be a major distraction? Absolutely. I'd hate to see us give the guy more than a three year deal. I also think the money could be better spent elsewhere, however I'll begrudgingly admit that a Keyshawn signing would likely pay dividends.

The FAB 4 were NEVER Plaxico supporters and thought of him as TO-Lite attitude-wise, but without the TO talent. Plaxico had a good 4 or 5 games stretch, reminicsent of his spotty Steeler days, but he never has a complete season and his hands are questionable. He isn't a bad receiver, he just isn't worth number 1 WR money. Keyshawn and Plaxico are the same receiver but Keyshawn has better hands and is tougher, and if the Giants sign Keyshawn - there is absolutely no real reason to keep Plaxico, especially if the Giants can swing a decent trade. Plaxico's actions late last season and skipping the team meeting seem to indicate he might WANT to leave. The Giants might be doing him a favor by trading him. If you remember last year he desperately wanted to play down south before signing with the Giants - maybe a trade with Atlanta is possible for a first day 2006 draft choice .

Edited by Lockhart

Lets not even get into his attitude in Tampa and NY Jets. How was he with Dallas? Was he cursing out the coach and the QB? I don't think he was as vocal. He did have a mouth and would time to time say something but I think he calmed down a bit. Am I right or totally wrong? I am kind of in the middle ground with the possible move. Would it give Eli another impact receiver? Of course it would. It is nice though that Coughlin is not preventing players from visiting of being signed. Keyshawn knows this team could be on the bring of greatness and he wants to be part of it.

Guest Carbo

Everything you said is true. The difference being we already have the same in Burress, but without the heart and talent.

Mr. Johnson hopes to cash in on TO's popularity by making the Giants his priority.

Parcells handled him...he couldn't have that bad an attitude ,unless Plax gets upset, I'd say give him a shot at revenge against the Tuna.

Mr. Johnson hopes to cash in on TO's popularity by making the Giants his priority.

Parcells handled him...he couldn't have that bad an attitude ,unless Plax gets upset, I'd say give him a shot at revenge against the Tuna.

As an Eagles fan, I'd love to see it happen. :clap:

I would think Plax would be happy to see him in Blue...Keyshawn is one of the best 2nd receiver in NFL history. He does a lot of the little things very well that opens up the field for the #1 guy.

I would think Plax would be happy to see him in Blue...Keyshawn is one of the best 2nd receiver in NFL history. He does a lot of the little things very well that opens up the field for the #1 guy.

If Me-shawm came in knowing his roll at the #2 or 3 reciever and embraced that I would not be opposed to giving him a short term contract, no more then 3 years that is for sure.

As much as his talets would help I think a real burner with servicable hands would be a better addtion to strech the field. If Tim Carter could just catch the god damned ball the recieving corp would be solid. But he couldnt catch herpies at a vietnamese whore house.

So would I, Eagles lose out on yet ANOTHER WR, to a division opponent no less. :LMAO:

Yeah, I'm sure every team is just clammoring at the chance to get Keyshawn.

Nobody wanted him when he left Tampa Bay, and nobody wants him now. Have

fun rooting for that jackass. He has the mouth of TO, but not even a fraction

of the skill and talent.

of the skill and talent.

Is that why the Eagles, Seahawks, Dolphins, Patriots, Panthers, and Chiefs have all expressed interest?

of the skill and talent.

well said poop head :P I concur

Edited by WwwizdummM

Is that why the Eagles, Seahawks, Dolphins, Patriots, Panthers, and Chiefs have all expressed interest?

Yes, maybe they expressed minimal interest, but there's no way the Eagles

would want another big mouth cancer in the locker room, especially one

with mediocre talent.

The Skins grossly overpaid for Randel El, and the Eagles CUT TO, hardly

what I would call "losing out".

With all the money he wants and the fact we have a comparable reciever in Toomer, who is possibly faster (I might be wrong on that one), I would not like this signing at all. I'd rather get LaVar and/or a DT.

Who's going to be the #3 WR? Toomer, MEshawn, PLAX?!?!

Or are we going to run 3 WR formations all game long... :confused:

From Paul Ditino of the Bergen Record...

He reported that KJ arrived last night in NJ and he talked to Coughlin this morning and believed to be out to lunch right now with Giants officials. It was understood that he came with the intention of getting a deal done. Ditino also said that the Giants are very interested in him for a few reasons...one is as a great 2nd/3rd WR, but also as a mentor to Plaxico and Taylor and if they get a rookie WR. He also said that he can help Eli along. I guess that makes sense, although I'd question him as being a great mentor.

Ditino also said that it wouldn't affect a possible Arrington signing. He said that they can work it so KJ only will count for about 1mil on this year's cap, and that they can remove their rights on Frank Walker and avoid giving him his $750,000 bonus. They could release him without taking any hit, and in effect, giving $750,000 back to the Giants. So in esccence, the Giants could get KJ this year and drop Walker for a total of about $250,000...thus not hurting the chance of signing Arrington.

With all the money he wants and the fact we have a comparable reciever in Toomer, who is possibly faster (I might be wrong on that one), I would not like this signing at all. I'd rather get LaVar and/or a DT.

Who's going to be the #3 WR? Toomer, MEshawn, PLAX?!?!

Or are we going to run 3 WR formations all game long... :confused:

Whats wrong with that? Alot of our O is run with out a FB anyway

I love the idea of Keyshawn in NY, the guy is tough as nails, goes over the middle, makes all the catches, blocks etc. Everyone says he's too much like Toomer and that we need a fast WR. Fuck that, we've tried finding a fast WR at a bargain, I'll take 3 solid proven recievers over 2 good recievers and 2 burners that couldn't catch a cold.

The guy runs his mouth, and I doubt TC would change that, but I think Eli is mentally tough enough to handle critisism from his player, he handled it last year.

Come to NY Keyshawn.

Edited by Virginia Giant