SportsWrath

The Official Keyshawn Johnson Thread

BiG PiMPiN

No, I had a thread on it before that.....lemme look for it....

eh, maybe not before, but nearly the same time actually.....im neutral on it at the moment, though...I'll have an opinion if and when it happens, depending on the size and duration of the contract.....

"Lemme" as in Let me or as in Lemmiwinks...My old name :confused::P

No, I had a thread on it before that.....lemme look for it....

eh, maybe not before, but nearly the same time actually.....im neutral on it at the moment, though...I'll have an opinion if and when it happens, depending on the size and duration of the contract.....

That thread was posted on March 14th. <_<

:P

Yeah he was benched for 6 games, but you still can't compare him to TO. TO complained about money, Key complained about not getting the ball, now thats bad, but personally I honestly feel he thought the team would win if he got the ball more. That was a few years ago anyhow, he was on decent behavior in Dallas (again not the best, but decent). We're not gonna ask him to get 100 catches and 1,500 yards (although by those stats he had 2 1,000 yard seasons, 2 900 yard seasons and 3 800 yard seasons. Not too damned bad if you ask me.

He's a sure handed target who will go over the middle and block, THATS what I want.

Parcells coached Meshawn with the Jets when he was a rookie, so they

had an established relationship, how do you Gints fans think Me-shawn

will get along with Colonel Coughlin?

Parcells coached Meshawn with the Jets when he was a rookie, so they

had an established relationship, how do you Gints fans think Me-shawn

will get along with Colonel Coughlin?

I think they will be fine, like I said he won't be a role model, but he'll be far from TO, hopefully he's at the point in his career where he realizes he's not gonna be a 1,500 yard reciver but has a job to do. High hopes but perfectly reasonable.

out of that Key-Arrington-Jackson trio mentioned I would rather take Grady....This years draft is deep at linebacker...and even if we go into the season with a starting LB core of Emmons-Pierce-Torbor, that is still a pretty solid set of linebackers. Key would be a luxury at this point. We have more pressing needs at both DT and LB to let the third wide reciever spot be a legitimate hole, and we should look to sign Jackson before Key.

I think they will be fine, like I said he won't be a role model, but he'll be far from TO, hopefully he's at the point in his career where he realizes he's not gonna be a 1,500 yard reciver but has a job to do. High hopes but perfectly reasonable.

Didn't he get into it with Bledsoe last year?

If the Giants sign Keyshawn, do they need to keeep Plaxico? I don't think so. They could trade Plaxico for a draft choice and draft and/or sign a speedster. Keyshawn is Plaxico with hands and toughness.

No way, Plax is tough, they're basically the same.

Keyshawn is enticing, makes the O even more powerful, but its not our pressing need. I say Jackson, or Arrington.

Guest Lockhart
looking at eli's cap number for next year, i'd see a restructure as well. thats crazy for him

Unless he improves greatly this year, he may be making $120,000 in the CFL in 2007.

Unless he improves greatly this year, he may be making $120,000 in the CFL in 2007.
That is $120,000 more than you ever made in the CFL. Since by your own words, you were a star WR at an unnamed prestiious college, tell us why the CFL never made you an offer and why you never played a down of professional football? :LMAO::clap:

He doesn't have TO's ego, he has an ego but nothing like TO. I don't think he destroys team like TO either, he can be an asset to us, I'm not niave enough to believe he'll be a role model and team player, but he won't sink the ship, he's a great reciever, he'll make the catches that get thrown his way and he'll go over the middle no matter who is waiting for him.

The day he was released I started a thread wanting him here, I never do that when players are released, i want Key, our offense would be unstoppable with Plax, Key and Toomer at WR.

You guys suck too much ESPN dick where thugs are praised and worshipped. Most of you dudes are bitching about Plax at the end of last season. You have no clue what ME-shawn is about, obviously :wacko:

Guest Lockhart
Just like how Shockey would be traded or cut by now and Willie Joe wouldn't make the 2005 roster? Quit your blabbering....

The FAB 4 can only suggest the right actions, but EA failed to follow the sage advice of the FAB 4. Willie Jo got hurt again and was worthless. Shockey again had hsi brief spurt , then ran out of gas for the last thrid of the season, as he was out of shape after skipping the off season workout. The Giants erred in keeping Ron Dayne until the bitter end - looks like Willie Jo is another Dayne situation. Meanwhile Shockey is blowing off the Giants again as he has decided to "workout" in South Beach again. Wonder how long he goes this year before he runs out of gas - maybe 6 games? It just seems that EA always seems to compound his draft and free agent mistakes by keeping them around too long - it will be good to get a new GM that understand the game of football better.

Dont know much about "thug" mentality I see Mr. "baseball is my passion" :LMAO:

The FAB 4 can only suggest the right actions, but EA failed to follow the sage advice of the FAB 4. Willie Jo got hurt again and was worthless. Shockey again had hsi brief spurt , then ran out of gas for the last thrid of the season, as he was out of shape after skipping the off season workout. The Giants erred in keeping Ron Dayne until the bitter end - looks like Willie Jo is another Dayne situation. Meanwhile Shockey is blowing off the Giants again as he has decided to "workout" in South Beach again. Wonder how long he goes this year before he runs out of gas - maybe 6 games? It just seems that EA always seems to compound his draft and free agent mistakes by keeping them around too long - it will be good to get a new GM that understand the game of football better.

<_<

-Keyshawn’s visit went well this morning, he was able to mingle with some of the Giants that were working out. Our initial offer will be around a 3 year, $13 million deal with a fourth year club option worth over $4 million. He would recieve $ 8 million in guaranteed money. But no deal has been signed, which leads me to believe there is still a chance for Arrington.

where are these #'s comming from????

3 year 13 mil!?!?!?!?!

8 mil bonus? and they would not sign LA?

:confused: