SportsWrath

Time to start talking QBs

Sephiroth

28 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

But he WAS a Giants coach.... :ph34r:

Of course bro... just meant head coach... before Coughlin came back... definitely after Coughlin.  The Giants have always been the class of the NFL for coaches.... Lombardi, Landry, Allie Sherman, Parcells, Belichick, Fassel, Coughlin.... we have had six of the top ten coaches ever IMHO...

The fucking Packers were supposed to have Lombardi for two years and then send him back to the Giants.  That was the agreement and the Packers reneged.  The Mara's were always too trusting for the league.  That is why 2007 and 2011 were so sweet when we crushed those asshole Packers twice in their house... I really don't know which I love more... the Ice Bowl Redux in 2007, or the Defenestration of 2011... both at Lambeau Field.  Sweet.:)

I've been watching Jayden Daniels.

He's shooting up draft boards.

If we win one or two more games this year he'd be a perfect grab in the top 10/15 pick. 

That rushing ability reminds me of Fields/Lamar just able to make guys miss.

Good arm talent too. 

Needs to work on setting his feet to improve his accuracy.

Also he's a goofy looking fuck so he'll fit in with former Giant QBs.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Since we’re talking QBs… and BiC, I think these are the pressure numbers you were looking for (time to release wasn’t it):

image.jpeg.9e8b1dbb342fd3f7c88d591205cbb1e2.jpeg

Doesn’t matter.  He got paid like a tier 2 qb for two years so all I care about is yards, passing td’s and wins 

On 11/26/2023 at 9:34 AM, mastershake said:

Another dud for Drake Maye yesterday. Dude's going to play himself into returning to school next year at this rate. Maye looks like a deer in headlights at times.

Meanwhile, Nix, Penix, McCarthy, Jayden Daniels all looked good again.

I'm hoping the NFL agrees with this assessment.  Dude looks like money in the bank to me.  They said similar things about Hebert if I remember correctly and that dude is literally the only good player for the Chargers offense (to be fair, most of their offense has been some kind of injured this season). 

On 11/26/2023 at 9:55 AM, BlueInCanada said:

I've been watching Jayden Daniels.

He's shooting up draft boards.

If we win one or two more games this year he'd be a perfect grab in the top 10/15 pick. 

That rushing ability reminds me of Fields/Lamar just able to make guys miss.

Good arm talent too. 

Needs to work on setting his feet to improve his accuracy.

Also he's a goofy looking fuck so he'll fit in with former Giant QBs.

Every time I watch film on this kid I like him more.  Even though he's a little raw and would need work, he's shown improvement every year since he's been a starter. 

You know what, man? I know rookies need to develop, but I'm really sick and tired of "he's a little raw" "little rough around the edges", etc. thing. Yes a rookie needs to learn an NFL team's system, but his mechanics should be solid coming in. Why can't we get a Mahomes? Ya know? I'm not saying he has to be a hall of famer before he throws a ball professionally, but it just gets aggravating making excuses all the time. Go get a real DUDE, dudes.

So I am watching the Pac 12 championship, wanted to see my man Bo Nix audition for the Giants, and holy shit after like 6 passes I am in love with Penix.  This dude just has it.  Very live arm, strong, exceptionally accurate throws.  Quick, confident decisions with the ball on the money on some tricky throws.  This dude looks amazing. 

5 hours ago, BronxRik said:

You know what, man? I know rookies need to develop, but I'm really sick and tired of "he's a little raw" "little rough around the edges", etc. thing. Yes a rookie needs to learn an NFL team's system, but his mechanics should be solid coming in. Why can't we get a Mahomes? Ya know? I'm not saying he has to be a hall of famer before he throws a ball professionally, but it just gets aggravating making excuses all the time. Go get a real DUDE, dudes.

This... all those years of football watching mang.  When we watch baseball when we see someone like Nolan Ryan and/or Doc Gooden in their primes... you are seeing something special.  Football these coaches always want to "develop" a half assed talent to show what GREAT coaches they are. :rolleyes: