SportsWrath

Time to start talking QBs

Sephiroth

I haven't quite done enough work on Maye yet to say for sure he's "the guy" but also... this was one game. To look online you'd think the kid threw 60 picks this year. Even with the pick at the end, it sure looked like he did more good than bad that game.

I haven't done enough with Williams either but what I've seen doesn't look good from a reading defenses perspective. I think he's got serious bust potential.

Only watched Nix's game from last weekend. He had a big arm but was pretty inaccurate, even throwing from a clean pocket to guys that had five yards on the nearest defender. Have to watch more of him.

All that being said... Peyton Manning had five picks in a game once but he was still Payton Manning. I think people that throw in the towel because a QB had a bad game are crazy.

33 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Dont get carried away. That redskin defensive backfield isn't very good 

Yep. 5 of the Giants 10 passing TDs this season have been against the Commanders, lol. They're pretty awful.

We really gotta bring in a hypnotist each week for our QBs "You're playing the Washington Commanders this Sunday....you are playing against the Washington Commanders....the team you are playing this sunday is the Washington Commanders."

I'm definitely ready to move on from DJ. We basically have no choice but to bring in a QB this off-season, plus a reliable backup (unless Tommy D proves he can be a consistent backup the next 6 games). Jones won't even be ready for the first half so it's not like we can go without addressing QB.

Who knows maybe Tommy D becomes something, but that's just wishful thinking at this point.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Daniel Jones excuses throughout the year. 

He gets sacked to much.

The play calling is bad.

He has no WRs.

Suddenly things that no longer matter when DiVito/Tyrod are playing. 

As much as people want to frame it Jones was never going to be the answer here. 

I would have liked to see what Jones would have done against the Skins....

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yep. 5 of the Giants 10 passing TDs this season have been against the Commanders, lol. They're pretty awful.

We really gotta bring in a hypnotist each week for our QBs "You're playing the Washington Commanders this Sunday....you are playing against the Washington Commanders....the team you are playing this sunday is the Washington Commanders."

The sign behind the goalposts says "hail to the commanders". Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. That franchise is so fucked up.

4 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

The DeVito stuff is fun, but he sucks guidette asshole. His ceiling is mid-level backup in the league. 

Yep... he is not even a Division I QB, maybe Division II.  A big HS program would turn their noses up at him.

9 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

The DeVito stuff is fun, but he sucks guidette asshole. His ceiling is mid-level backup in the league. 

It's just funny to see our back up and third sting backup out perform the guy we gave 160 million dollars too.

It's like when we traded for Williams, Dexy was out performing him the entire way but we still gave Williams 20/30 million lol 

9 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

It is very fun to play along with it...  but I agree, he is not any sort of answer other than potentially a cheap backup going forward.

We will see what Belichick has instore for him this coming weekend.

No one sane seriously thinks DiVito is more than a backup in the NFL.   

Just like no one sane thinks the Giants are alright at QB going forward. 

But what else do we have to root for? 

We knocked ourselves out of the top 5 picks.

And we ain't making the playoffs.

So the mother bed making, cutlet eating, jersey boy is in the spot light. 

40 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

No one sane seriously thinks DiVito is more than a backup in the NFL.   

Just like no one sane thinks the Giants are alright at QB going forward. 

But what else do we have to root for? 

We knocked ourselves out of the top 5 picks.

And we ain't making the playoffs.

So the mother bed making, cutlet eating, jersey boy is in the spot light. 

We will see where the draft ends up... Right now we are in the 5th spot behind Panthers, Cards, Pats and Bears

The Bears and Cards still have to play each other, so one of them is guaranteed a win..  or a fucking tie I guess.  Bears also play the Packers which is a very winnable game

We play the Pats this weekend so a loss there we are tied with them for record but I assume head to head factors into tie breakers 

I just cannot bring myself to root for losses...  despite the draft consequences 

26 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

We will see where the draft ends up... Right now we are in the 5th spot behind Panthers, Cards, Pats and Bears

The Bears and Cards still have to play each other, so one of them is guaranteed a win..  or a fucking tie I guess.  Bears also play the Packers which is a very winnable game

We play the Pats this weekend so a loss there we are tied with them for record but I assume head to head factors into tie breakers 

I just cannot bring myself to root for losses...  despite the draft consequences 

I think if it less of rooting for losses and more of we don't have to give up any future firsts/seconds to move up for the guy that Daboll/Schoen wants and puts us in a better position to build a team.

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's just funny to see our back up and third sting backup out perform the guy we gave 160 million dollars too.

It's like when we traded for Williams, Dexy was out performing him the entire way but we still gave Williams 20/30 million lol 

Stay away from Duke products... they either talk a good game like DJ, or are spoiled petulant children such as Dave Brown.  Both second string off the bench QB's in a pure emergency.  Worth a Jesse Palmer salary and no more.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think if it less of rooting for losses and more of we don't have to give up any future firsts/seconds to move up for the guy that Daboll/Schoen wants and puts us in a better position to build a team.

This right here....Belichick was always a strategic thinker.  I wish to GOD he was a Giants coach.