SportsWrath

Do we make a move?

Virginia Giant

3 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Carl Banks was talking about this yesterday...    He compared it to when he joined the team in 84 as a rebuilding year where they made the playoffs and then built themselves to a superbowl in 2 years.    

Having Galladay eating up all that money sitting on the bench is fucking killing us.  Really makes it very difficult to make any moves, or at least ones of value.

Personally I agree with the idea of any success this year is just gravy...  came into the season expecting a rebuild, stick to the plan.   Get this team right, and set on a path to success for the next 10 years, not just 10 weeks.

Plus 84' was a year where we weren't sure about Phil Simms, and where he actually previously looked like an injury prone bust, until her emerged that year.

Sorta like DJ, though I don't know if I'd say he's emerged yet. But he's slowly making me a believer.

Just leave shit alone this year. We just had a good draft, we made smart moves in the offseason. We got a shitty cap problem under control. We handled the bad eggs. Today was a good day. Toney is no loss, I don't care if he catches 20 td's in the superbowl because imagine what the behaviour will be like when he's actually playing for a contract in 2 years when he's behaving like this as a rookie. Schoen and Daboll right now have the ship pointed in the right direction.

3 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Horseshit - we should give maybe the same that we got for Toney. Plus I feel we need one of those tall big bodied guys like Claypool. We have enough short WRs on the team always

Jeudy is a lot more productive than Toney and multiple teams are inquiring about him.  If we got a 3rd for an unproductive head case, then giving up a 2nd rounder for Juedy makes sense…. I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:39 PM, boohyah said:

Just leave shit alone this year. We just had a good draft, we made smart moves in the offseason. We got a shitty cap problem under control. We handled the bad eggs. Today was a good day. Toney is no loss, I don't care if he catches 20 td's in the superbowl because imagine what the behaviour will be like when he's actually playing for a contract in 2 years when he's behaving like this as a rookie. Schoen and Daboll right now have the ship pointed in the right direction.

Agree 100%

I agree professionals should not be treated as children unless you act as one

This is a business so childish acts are not wanted or needed

Toney was acting as a child, so he needs to grow up

Let him try to restart his career elsewhere

The Giants are not paradise however Toney won't find paradise elsewhere either

It has only just begun for him

Godspeed to him and let us continue to win games without his distraction

After seeing the trades the Giants got a good deal on Toney.

Roquan Smith who is arguably the best ILB in the NFL went for a second and third. 

The Vikings fleeced the Lions in the TJ Hockenson trade. 

Claypool for a second? Holy. 

Anyways glad the Giants kept the draft capitol. 

Not to mention not make the cap situation even worse.

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

After seeing the trades the Giants got a good deal on Toney.

Roquan Smith who is arguably the best ILB in the NFL went for a second and third. 

The Vikings fleeced the Lions in the TJ Hockenson trade. 

Claypool for a second? Holy. 

Anyways glad the Giants kept the draft capitol. 

Not to mention not make the cap situation even worse.

The Claypool deal was a shocker until one realizes Chicago had an extra 2nd, regardless of the fact that it's their original 2nd not the one they got from Baltimore. It's either a great deal for da Bears or Pittsburgh knew something everyone else doesn't. 

9 hours ago, BronxRik said:

The Claypool deal was a shocker until one realizes Chicago had an extra 2nd, regardless of the fact that it's their original 2nd not the one they got from Baltimore. It's either a great deal for da Bears or Pittsburgh knew something everyone else doesn't. 

I feel like Claypool had that one really good year and just hasn't been able to live up to it since. 

But maybe the Bears can coax that back out of him.

10 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Given the two teams involved, my money says Pittsburgh won this trade, and it’s not close. 

Chicago has a history of bad trades (e.g. Rick Mirer). What a pathetic franchise.

For the Giants, I'm also glad they stayed put and kept their draft capital. While it's nice being 6-2, I don't see them going on a run this year.

Jeudy would have been nice for maybe a 3rd and 5th, considering you could control keeping him for 2 years (4th year then 5th year option), but I'm not willing to go higher than that.