SportsWrath

Jimmy G

Sephiroth

I see it as a win/win for both teams however it would be a cap dump situation for the 9ers.

If and if the trade was to go through it would have to be one of those 49ers eat a majority of his cap this year and he agrees to a restructure. 

Then I'd pull the trigger on it, Jones and a 6th for Jimmy G.

The Giants get their bridge QB, we close the chapter on Jones and don't have to think about paying him, and Schoen and Daboll get to scout the next QB.

49ers get to see what the Lance experiment has to offer and they get a hell of a backup in Jones and get to offload that contract. 

28 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Tyrod Taylor would be the bridge qb if we need to. Bringing Jimmy G in makes no sense.

Tyrod's contract hit is nothing.

And if Jimmy G sucks, we can always roll with Tyrod.

I don't this is trade as a loss as it is a turning of the page into the next phase of Schoen and Daboll.

Jones isnt a franchise QB, and nothing he can do this season will prove otherwise.

Only one QB has ever had the statistical jump Allen did....and that was Josh Allen, no QB  has gone from a multi year injury plagued below average QB to a franchise QB.

He's this generations David Carr, a QB who was drafted into one of the worst franchises over the span of 10+ years (Next only too the Jets) and got the shit kicked out of him every game because his GM was one of the most inept GMs to ever be in the NFL, and his HCs were Pat fucking Shurmur and Joe "WE GONNA PONCH YOU IN DA MOOFF" Judge.

Danny Dimes is going to be the new poster child for years to come for the analysts to reference when referring to a rookie drafted into a bad situation.

I loved him when we drafted him, but this isnt Eli 2.0, this is Carr 2.0

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Tyrod's contract hit is nothing.

And if Jimmy G sucks, we can always roll with Tyrod.

I don't this is trade as a loss as it is a turning of the page into the next phase of Schoen and Daboll.

Jones isnt a franchise QB, and nothing he can do this season will prove otherwise.

Only one QB has ever had the statistical jump Allen did....and that was Josh Allen, no QB  has gone from a multi year injury plagued below average QB to a franchise QB.

He's this generations David Carr, a QB who was drafted into one of the worst franchises over the span of 10+ years (Next only too the Jets) and got the shit kicked out of him every game because his GM was one of the most inept GMs to ever be in the NFL, and his HCs were Pat fucking Shurmur and Joe "WE GONNA PONCH YOU IN DA MOOFF" Judge.

Danny Dimes is going to be the new poster child for years to come for the analysts to reference when referring to a rookie drafted into a bad situation.

I loved him when we drafted him, but this isnt Eli 2.0, this is Carr 2.0

I still think Danny needs to get a fair shake.   I’m keeping an open mind on him this season.

I think it was more pure speculation than rumor. 

I think I'd rather go to work with Tyrod Taylor if we must go the journeyman vet route. Especially for the money. 

3 hours ago, Nas said:

I still think Danny needs to get a fair shake.   I’m keeping an open mind on him this season.

I don't know if it will be a fair shake.... It's crazy that Jones is clearly the best player on the offense (aside from Andrew Thomas), yet also hasn't done quite enough to cement himself as an NFL starting QB. It adds up to a bad roster. Atrociously bad. 

Jimmy G isn't the future QB here. He would only be another stopgap/placeholder until we can find a franchise QB...on a team that already has two stopgaps, Taylor and Jones.

Look to the 2023 Draft for the potential future franchise QB, and/or to a lesser degree if a potential trade opens up for then (but I doubt it; the draft is likely where we'll be looking). Plus another option, and I don't think this will happen...is Jones blows us all away this year and has his breakout year, and we re-sign him as the franchise QB; a longshot in my view, but possible.

18 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Jimmy G isn't the future QB here. He would only be another stopgap/placeholder until we can find a franchise QB...on a team that already has two stopgaps, Taylor and Jones.

Look to the 2023 Draft for the potential future franchise QB, and/or to a lesser degree if a potential trade opens up for then (but I doubt it; the draft is likely where we'll be looking). Plus another option, and I don't think this will happen...is Jones blows us all away this year and has his breakout year, and we re-sign him as the franchise QB; a longshot in my view, but possible.

This is how I feel about it as well. I think you take your lumps with Jones for this year, draft your franchise guy next year and let Tyrod start till the new guy is ready. I think Jimmy G is much better than people think but like Jones, he's always hurt. 

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

We just have to roll like the Giants did with Kanell and Graham... keep Jones alive and upright as in managing games... while looking for the next franchise QB.

I am with you... we just need someone to manage the position as Fassel used to say... until we get a superstar there.  I don't think Jones will lead the Giants to a Superbowl so just use him for what he is worth.  If you get a playoff berth out of it fine... if not... fine.