SportsWrath

NFL New minority rules

BlueInCanada

Imagine being the only black coach on a team just for this rule.

Might as well just call them the Token Coach from now on.

"Hey this is our TC, they don't do much but we let them look at call sheets every now and then to make em feel important" 

Speaking for the LBGTQRSTUV crowd, this just reeks of affirmative action. I'm shocked the idiots that came up with it haven't realized what they've done. I don't know what the answer is, but this is not it. :TD:

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

All teams must have one minority offensive coach.

Women have been added to the Rooney rule.

None of this will get messy at all.

lol 

is this for real? It sounds like satire. 

you must interview a woman to be head coach? ---- by definition, somebody who couldn't have played the game at a high enough level to command respect of the team? how is that supposed to work?

Wonder if they Giants knew this was coming, because they happen to have one woman who could conceivably do it.... but she knows coaching, she's a coach for the coaches.... she doesn't know football specifically. 

And a 'one minority offensive assistant'? ---- that sound weird and arbitrary, but that isn't exactly a difficult bar to get over. On a staff with five to ten offensive coaches, they should stumble into having a minority coach on staff just by the sheer odds of it.... at that point if you have an all white staff, its a little suspicious. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

is this for real? It sounds like satire. 

you must interview a woman to be head coach? ---- by definition, somebody who couldn't have played the game at a high enough level to command respect of the team? how is that supposed to work?

Wonder if they Giants knew this was coming, because they happen to have one woman who could conceivably do it.... but she knows coaching, she's a coach for the coaches.... she doesn't know football specifically. 

And a 'one minority offensive assistant'? ---- that sound weird and arbitrary, but that isn't exactly a difficult bar to get over. On a staff with five to ten offensive coaches, they should stumble into having a minority coach on staff just by the sheer odds of it.... at that point if you have an all white staff, its a little suspicious. 

I think it's either or for the Rooney rule.

You don't have to interview a race minority you could interview a woman instead.

And yeah the offensive thing is kinda weird, I assume most staffs have atleast one or more minority assistants. 

Just weird they specified offensive side of it. 

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think it's either or for the Rooney rule.

You don't have to interview a race minority you could interview a woman instead.

And yeah the offensive thing is kinda weird, I assume most staffs have atleast one or more minority assistants. 

Just weird they specified offensive side of it. 

LOL! oh wow, seriously? 

Insert shocked Brian Flores face here.

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Well, they specified offensive coaches as it "is a thinking man's position".  Them Blacks being all athletic can-do defense in their dreams man.  It is all instinct and reactions anyway. :afro:

Lol, exactly.

I think that is completely backwards in every way. But that is the idea.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Lol, exactly.

I think that is completely backwards in every way. But that is the idea.

For sure bro.  Football guys know their aspect of football or so they think they do and usually jack all about anything else. It is ridiculous.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:24 PM, TrashTalker92 said:

Where the fuck do I sign up?   I will get to sit around and watch football games. 

On 3/31/2022 at 12:26 PM, jranieli said:

Just black and white people. Asians are excluded from all of this. 

On 3/31/2022 at 3:47 PM, CrazedDogs said:

Unless they're a female, whatever that means.

What about that Asian dude that played for the Broke Backs on defense... forgot his name.