SportsWrath

NFL New minority rules

BlueInCanada

3 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

What about that Asian dude that played for the Broke Backs on defense... forgot his name.

Dat Nguyen I think...

Anyway lemme throw my name in the hat. I'll take a coaching spot. 

On 3/29/2022 at 7:55 AM, CrazedDogs said:

is this for real? It sounds like satire. 

you must interview a woman to be head coach? ---- by definition, somebody who couldn't have played the game at a high enough level to command respect of the team? how is that supposed to work?

Wonder if they Giants knew this was coming, because they happen to have one woman who could conceivably do it.... but she knows coaching, she's a coach for the coaches.... she doesn't know football specifically. 

And a 'one minority offensive assistant'? ---- that sound weird and arbitrary, but that isn't exactly a difficult bar to get over. On a staff with five to ten offensive coaches, they should stumble into having a minority coach on staff just by the sheer odds of it.... at that point if you have an all white staff, its a little suspicious. 

I think having a “rule” makes it cheesy and difficult for the person who qualified because of the rule…. Soon we’ll hear rants like the one we recently saw from BK how the black candidate with half the qualifications got the job over him with the credentials he got (including but not limited to a GED)

5 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

What about him?  Guy lasted like two or three season.  

Dat Tan Nguyen (/ˌdæt ˈwɪn/; Vietnamese: Nguyễn Tấn Đạt, pronounced [ŋʷjə̌ˀn tə̌n ɗàːt]; born September 25, 1975) is a former American football linebacker who played professionally in the National Football League (NFL) for seven seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. He played college football for Texas A&M University, and earned All-American honors. He is the first Vietnamese-American to be drafted, play, and be recognized as an All-Pro in the NFL.

In 2017, Nguyen was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame.

Had a pretty good career, clearly better than just 2 or 3 seasons. 

Japanese Bow GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I kind of liked him even as a Broke Back.  He was a feel-good story going way back and would have made major bank if he was in NY or California... not podunk Texas.  A major opportunity was lost by him.  He could have been Lebron James instead of wiling away in Broke Back Land. ;)