SportsWrath

2022 NFL Draft

gmenroc

Assuming Jones is ok, he's going to be the starter next year.  The offense is certainly better with him than Glennon, though that isn't saying much.  

The Giants are a 5 year project at this point and should maximize draft capital.  Trading down with one or both picks makes sense and grabbing up offensive lineman. I started loking at the likely available QBs earlier this year and I'm just not sold any of them as future franchise QBs.  I don't have any specific picks in mind yet, but getting two first round offensive lineman wouldn't hurt my feelings, especially if we can trade down and get another 1st round pick for the following season.  The offensiove line has been such a glaring, obvious black whole that it is time to throw serious capital at it.  If we can get pass rushing help in the 2nd and third, that is the other glaring weakness.  

Then next year, we find out if Jones is the guy, if Judge is the guy, and if not we have draft stock to move up for a QB if needed. 

The Giants have the ability to get a tackle and guard in the first 6 picks. 

If you looked at Hernandez and Solder on that side of the line, you have a chance to fix that in one shot. To me, no matter who's pulling the strings it's  no brainer and immediate upgrade. Hell a hydrant is better than either one right now.

I go edge in the second and center in the 3rd. If the center from Notre Dame is still around late second early third, I move picks to get him. 

Rest of the draft to me is depth for both lines. Enough is enough, these lines have to be bolstered. If Jones can come back, I leave him alone, but there's enough veteran qb's out there to back him up and fill in, that are not named Mike Glennon.

17 hours ago, boohyah said:

If you looked at Hernandez and Solder on that side of the line, you have a chance to fix that in one shot. To me, no matter who's pulling the strings it's  no brainer and immediate upgrade. Hell a hydrant is better than either one right now.

I go edge in the second and center in the 3rd. If the center from Notre Dame is still around late second early third, I move picks to get him. 

Rest of the draft to me is depth for both lines. Enough is enough, these lines have to be bolstered. If Jones can come back, I leave him alone, but there's enough veteran qb's out there to back him up and fill in, that are not named Mike Glennon.

This x100

22 hours ago, boohyah said:

Would love to trade back and get draft capital, like a first next year. But I got no problem drafting two olinemen near the top 5. 

You can pick up some good players later in the first for the line by trading down, but honestly we have to take these spots this year. We traded down last year and yes the return was good enough, but we just played 2 games against the 2 guys drafted 12 and 13 and how much better would we be with either one right now. Both are studs, for goodness sake, Parsons might be in the 10 best players in the game already. Instead we trade down and make a pick that didn't address a need. 

7 hours ago, Herc said:

He wants a ready made team I think.  Indy struck me a a good fit watching wentz complete like 1/3rd of his passes while they killed the pats Saturday 

Yeah, that team is a lot better without Wentz there. There are some solid pieces in Indy.

So what if we trade both picks to go up to #2 to get either Hutchinson or that other DE?

Either paired with Ojulari would be a fucking tandem.

Then go Oline in rounds 2 and 3, and maybe try to get a RT in FA.

No point getting a QB till we can fix the line and I highly suspect we are picking top 10 again next year. 

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

So what if we trade both picks to go up to #2 to get either Hutchinson or that other DE?

Either paired with Ojulari would be a fucking tandem.

Then go Oline in rounds 2 and 3, and maybe try to get a RT in FA.

No point getting a QB till we can fix the line and I highly suspect we are picking top 10 again next year. 

if we are going rounds 2 and 3 to fix the oline then why not go qb in the first. 

you can both build the line and get a qb. It’s not an either or thing. 

2 hours ago, Pdouble said:

if we are going rounds 2 and 3 to fix the oline then why not go qb in the first. 

you can both build the line and get a qb. It’s not an either or thing. 

Because the defense is garbage as well. 

We could fix the d line and o line at the same time and then still get a QB via FA (should of went after Menshew this past offseason) or the draft next year, or roll with Jones while the rookies get the jitters out.  

Get a rookie QB and he's probably starting at some point and time and getting the Zac Wilson treatment.  

A QB doesn't fix anything immediately IMO.

27 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Because the defense is garbage as well. 

We could fix the d line and o line at the same time and then still get a QB via FA (should of went after Menshew this past offseason) or the draft next year, or roll with Jones while the rookies get the jitters out.  

Get a rookie QB and he's probably starting at some point and time and getting the Zac Wilson treatment.  

A QB doesn't fix anything immediately IMO.

Fix too much immediately then we will be just good enough to draft outside of where the good qb’s go.   

we drafted Eli the year before we went out and spent money on Kareem and Pierce. 

I kind of disagree that the defense is garbage. Here is my reasoning. The offense is fucking garbage. If they were on the field more and sustained drives and stopped punting from their own 15, then maybe the defense wouldn't be gassed. 

I think the Giants have to go OL with the first picks. If Jones is healthy, then stick with him and if all fails, draft a QB in 2023. 

1 hour ago, jranieli said:

I kind of disagree that the defense is garbage. Here is my reasoning. The offense is fucking garbage. If they were on the field more and sustained drives and stopped punting from their own 15, then maybe the defense wouldn't be gassed. 

I think the Giants have to go OL with the first picks. If Jones is healthy, then stick with him and if all fails, draft a QB in 2023. 

The defense isn't garbage but it's not stellar either... Do we even sack the QB when it matters anymore?   I can't name our DE's... that's how garbage that position is.  

On 12/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, Nas said:

The defense isn't garbage but it's not stellar either... Do we even sack the QB when it matters anymore?   I can't name our DE's... that's how garbage that position is.  

I can, but the DE position is a little different on this team than the kind of DEs we usually picture.... the DEs are Leonard Williams and Dex Lawrence. 

Williams is a good fit as a more interior DE, playing 4 and 5 tech. Without him this D is worthless.

Lawrence has not been a good fit. He's built strictly as a defensive tackle, and although extremely quick for his size he doesn't have the speed to stop anything off tackle or wider, or to effect a pass rush if he lines up outside the guards. 

I'm most hoping for a dominant pass rusher out of this draft, but even moreso for a total mindset shift on D. I think Graham is a good DC, but I'm hoping he goes somewhere his talent is a better fit. Some dome team somewhere.