SportsWrath

2022 NFL Draft

gmenroc

5 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

These combine workouts are ridiculous. I can't keep track of who's blowing up the combine because everybody is blowing up the combine.

Is this because of covid redshirts or is there some crazy new supplement out there? (And where can I get it?)

:laugh: Sounds a lot like what you wrote and all of that pent up energy.

9 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

These combine workouts are ridiculous. I can't keep track of who's blowing up the combine because everybody is blowing up the combine.

Is this because of covid redshirts or is there some crazy new supplement out there? (And where can I get it?)

Those supplements work on the young… we take them and we’re paralyzed for a couple of days lol 

Linderbaum is still a guy I want..take at 7 if need be.  Ekwonu is who I want at 5, but will settle for Neal or Cross if there.  The only wrench is if Thibs or Hutch fall to 5...then it's a tough call to pass on them, but I think there's guys on the edge to be had throughout, as well as some decent CBs to get later on.

There are 4 OT guys in Ekwonu, Neal, Cross, and Penning that are top 20 guys, easy.

Green and Linderbaum are the interior OL pieces that are easy top 20 guys.

End of 1st or top 2nd are a few other lineman that would be day 1 starters for us...

10 hours ago, Herc said:

Qbs are predictably creeping up these mocks.  What a godsend if Willis and pickett move into the top 7

If they move into top 7, that means a strong chance we end up taking one of them given 2 of those top 7 picks are ours...which would piss me off to no end.

I get your point though...if even 1 QB goes in top 6 and not at 5, we are in good shape.

We will see what Neal does at his pro day, but seems everywhere I look, Ekronu has passed him, which sucks for us.

Worst case scenario for us is if Thibs, Hutch, Ekronu and Neal go top 4.  I don't care for a S at that spot...maybe one of the CBs...would probably take Cross if it were me at 5.

Can't wait for draft night

Spent the morning with a few cups of coffee and offensive line game film. A couple conclusions:

Kenyon Greene is twice the prospect Linderbaum is. And Linderbaum is probably going to break some hearts unless he goes to a wide zone based team. There is way too much tape of him getting manhandled by linebackers. The more I watch, the more I see Weston Richberg. A nice prospect. Not a generational talent. Remote thrower at seven or anywhere before about pick 20 really.

After finding some footage of Neal vs other top pass rushing prospects, I can see the hype a little better. I don't see him losing reps, he just doesn't always look great while he's winning. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Linderbaum gets past Eagles or Cowboys in the 1st.  If he gets to 20, and Steelers have not traded up and are sitting there with no QBs available...I could see them snagging him too.

Not a fan of trading up at all, especially with the early 2nd round pieces we could get.

On 3/25/2022 at 4:20 PM, gmenroc said:

I don't think Linderbaum gets past Eagles or Cowboys in the 1st.  If he gets to 20, and Steelers have not traded up and are sitting there with no QBs available...I could see them snagging him too.

Not a fan of trading up at all, especially with the early 2nd round pieces we could get.

Me neither... the work is not to fall in love.  It is like buying a house.  Unless you build it, yourself buying a house you will never get everything you want.  It is always a percentage.  Lindenbaum is the big fancy house that people love 90% of... however he is not the only OL or house out there.  Look at a few OL guys (and/or houses) and make your choice contingent on your needs and what is available. Trading up is fraught with uncertainty... play with the cards you are dealt instead of reshuffling.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Oh well...Kayvon and Neal...that's a good haul for round 1. Didn't expect both stingley and sauce to be gone in the first 4 actually

This was nice.  I am glad they kept both picks.  Don't give away what you can use to go forward.

5 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

i'm really happy with day 1

Considering that Thibodeaux and Neal were both though of as #1 or #2 picks potentially just a few weeks ago i'm ecstatic that we got them both.

Now lets go BPA in round 2 ( hopefully another OL or a CB )

I am so with you UK.  I would love to pick up another high hog OL.

17 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Oh well...Kayvon and Neal...that's a good haul for round 1. Didn't expect both stingley and sauce to be gone in the first 4 actually

I liked Sauce a ton, but feel pass rusher is a more premium position. I think I probably would have taken Thibs with Sauce on the board, there are only so many large men who can launch at the snap. Rumor has it the staff's opinion differed from mine.

I liked Sauce less after we saw he was too.... whatever that was.... to find his way to the stage. 

On 4/29/2022 at 5:54 AM, UK-Giantsfan said:

i'm really happy with day 1

Considering that Thibodeaux and Neal were both though of as #1 or #2 picks potentially just a few weeks ago i'm ecstatic that we got them both.

Now lets go BPA in round 2 ( hopefully another OL or a CB )

Yeah UK… I’m glad we have talent too but like all talent, there need to be good coaching to make things happen.  Hopefully another SB so you can visit and we finally get to drink together(you buying of course).