SportsWrath

And around we go.

BlueInCanada

Fire Coughlin, keep JR, hire McAddo

Fire McAdoo and JR, hire Getty and Shurmur.

Fire Shurmur, hire Judge, keep Getty.

Fire Getty, keep Judge, hire some GM who is forced to keep Judge.

I mean it's clearly working out.

Mara is a fucking disgrace of an NFL owner, and without EA/Eli wouldn't have two SB titles he so desperately clings too.

While I hate the idea of firing yet another coach after 2 years, I think I've seen enough to know Judge is a bad coach. He's not the guy who's going to lead us to the playoffs, let alone a winning season.

What's his redeeming value anyway? He says the right things to the Maras? Well now he's saying some of the dopiest things to the press and fans, and who gives a shit if he talks the talk to ownership?

You know what's going to happen, right? 30 years from now he'll have 8 SB rings with 3 different teams, and at his hall of fame induction ceremony he'll thank the NY Giants for sticking by him when he was having THE absolutely worst 3 seasons of his career. 

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

While I hate the idea of firing yet another coach after 2 years, I think I've seen enough to know Judge is a bad coach. He's not the guy who's going to lead us to the playoffs, let alone a winning season.

What's his redeeming value anyway? He says the right things to the Maras? Well now he's saying some of the dopiest things to the press and fans, and who gives a shit if he talks the talk to ownership?

I really, really want him to be the giuy, to prove everybody wrong.  But the boundless mistakes and the complete lack of preperation and the - just fucking awful football - the guy is just not proving to be a good coach, I mean honestly he's not even proving to be a bad coach, just completely incompetent.  And part of me likes the idea of him so much I hope he stays around next year to prove us wrong, but fucking hell this team is so legendarily bad at so much. 

14 hours ago, mastershake said:

14 hours ago, BronxRik said:

You know what's going to happen, right? 30 years from now he'll have 8 SB rings with 3 different teams, and at his hall of fame induction ceremony he'll thank the NY Giants for sticking by him when he was having THE absolutely worst 3 seasons of his career. 

13 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I really, really want him to be the giuy, to prove everybody wrong.  But the boundless mistakes and the complete lack of preperation and the - just fucking awful football - the guy is just not proving to be a good coach, I mean honestly he's not even proving to be a bad coach, just completely incompetent.  And part of me likes the idea of him so much I hope he stays around next year to prove us wrong, but fucking hell this team is so legendarily bad at so much. 

I was a firm believer earlier in the season to give him a fair shake…thinking, rightfully, that one season too soon.   But this team isn’t improving at anything and the coaches make their share of mistakes.   While not a bog advocate of firing a coach with less than 2 years, I think I’ve seen enough… so yeah Getty and Judge should be gone.

the thing I'm getting stuck on is, Judge isn't really *that* obviously bad. He doesn't have the destructive douchiness of McAdoo. He doesn't have the lay down and die persona of Shurmur. He just hasn't been good *enough*. 

But what would good enough even look like? Does anybody believe this team as its constituted today is really capable of winning more games than it has? I thought at the start of the season it was, but just about every personnel move the team was hoping would pay off did not pay off at all. 

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

Ooh I think Judge has been pretty demonstrably bad. 

Yeah, Judge is little more than a used car salesman in football coach drag. But just for the sake of discussion....

Did you feel he was demonstrably bad in 2020? I didn't. I'm kind of surprised at the regression. 

And what exactly is the record we'd expect this team to have with mere average coaching? Are we really thinking this is a .500 roster?

The main question I have on Judge is his player evaluation, but also about who is making those decisions in the organization. 

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Yeah, Judge is little more than a used car salesman in football coach drag. But just for the sake of discussion....

Did you feel he was demonstrably bad in 2020? I didn't. I'm kind of surprised at the regression. 

And what exactly is the record we'd expect this team to have with mere average coaching? Are we really thinking this is a .500 roster?

The main question I have on Judge is his player evaluation, but also about who is making those decisions in the organization. 

Nah man. I agree he got worse. 

I'm still waiting for this corner the team is supposed to be turning around.  I don't waste time speculating if Gettleman and Judge will be back next season because it is up to the owners.  Like I said in another thread, if they are going to clean house then do it next year.  Cleaning house now is more of an emotional response than a thought out one.

We have players coming up for new contracts at key positions next year.  An opportunity to clear underperforming player contracts and create salary cap space.  Hopefully by 2022 the pandemic will be done and the cap will have risen closer to its projected point prior to the pandemic.

Fire Gettleman and force next GM to keep Judge?  I don't want the GM who wants that job.

So was Shurmur better than Judge?  Where does McAdoo fit in this group or is this only a two coach show because he lost the locker room?  :whistling:

I think everyone should get at least 3 years to prove themselves. Whatever about Gettlemen, watching this team this year basically get bitch slapped out there, is contrary to all the wonderful stuff preached last year by Judge. A new GM with full authority is needed to do whatever they have to to right this ship. If there's any doubt Judge/Jones can't get the job done under a new regime, this offseason is the time to pull the plug. It's key this team has a huge draft this year. There are pieces here, but we are 2-3 legit years away from anything now.

20 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I like your line of thinking, CD.   Evidently, we need to stop looking at a silver-bullet... or in this case that ONE guy to blame.   I think this organization from the ownership (and especially the ownership I may say) has failed us fans.   If it's up to me, I'd demand the owners sell and us fans buy shares like GB... not gonna happen of course... so what's next.

We need a new everything... a FO that actually drafts well... like let's not draft a stud RB when we have a shitty OL... let's not reach for a QB when we don't have an OL... and how about addressing the DL too.. I recall times when the Giants had a shitty offense but we knew our D will get us that 3 and out series we desperately needed.  

Along with the FO we need a new coaching staff... Yeah we got rid of the OC but obviously not enough... the DC isn't good either and for that matter neither is the coach who hired him.    

My thing about keeping Judge is what message does that tell the new GM?

"We want you to build this team how you want but we don't trust you enough to bring in a HC and you won't have full control of personnel decisions because everything has to go through Mara first"

I'm sure lots of people will be interested in that job. 

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

My thing about keeping Judge is what message does that tell the new GM?

"We want you to build this team how you want but we don't trust you enough to bring in a HC and you won't have full control of personnel decisions because everything has to go through Mara first"

I'm sure lots of people will be interested in that job. 

I think the narrative that you're going to see is that Gettleman wasn't "a Judge guy" so Judge should have the biggest say in who we get as a GM.  We'll probably see an Alabama or Patriots front office guy.  Judge will be "falling up," if you will. 

12 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I don’t want a GM that wants Judge as his coach.  

that would indicate to me he’s an incompetent GM. 

Yeah bottom line for me is if Judge or Gettleman is here next year, I'm pretty much gonna skip the season.  I'll kind of treat it like I've treated this season since week 4;  if there's absolutely nothing else going on I'll watch, but I'm not going to get worked up or plan my weekend around the game. 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:08 AM, BlueInCanada said:

Fire Coughlin, keep JR, hire McAddo

Fire McAdoo and JR, hire Getty and Shurmur.

Fire Shurmur, hire Judge, keep Getty.

Fire Getty, keep Judge, hire some GM who is forced to keep Judge.

I mean it's clearly working out.

Mara is a fucking disgrace of an NFL owner, and without EA/Eli wouldn't have two SB titles he so desperately clings too.

He is not is father... who brought in George Young after he realized that the game had passed him by...