SportsWrath

And around we go.

BlueInCanada

On 12/11/2021 at 6:57 PM, mastershake said:

While I hate the idea of firing yet another coach after 2 years, I think I've seen enough to know Judge is a bad coach. He's not the guy who's going to lead us to the playoffs, let alone a winning season.

What's his redeeming value anyway? He says the right things to the Maras? Well now he's saying some of the dopiest things to the press and fans, and who gives a shit if he talks the talk to ownership?

Young Mara wants an ass licker which is becoming more obvious by the day.  I just won't watch them next year.  Even if he flukes his way into the playoffs.  I want to watch a real Giants team.  With McAdoo and Shurmur I had some hope... Judge absolutely no hope.  I would never have promoted a special teams coach to be the head guy.  Maybe a season or two of being an offensive or defensive coordinator. n

Never head coach.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I think the narrative that you're going to see is that Gettleman wasn't "a Judge guy" so Judge should have the biggest say in who we get as a GM.  We'll probably see an Alabama or Patriots front office guy.  Judge will be "falling up," if you will. 

This... unfortunately.  I have seen failing up bullshit artists my whole career.  They have usually steered clear of me because I have sniffed out their magic pixie dust early on.  They like to keep the magic secret.

11 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

His father took 20 years and the league forced his hand. 

Exactly... the league's premier franchise and the NFL had to force The Duke to hire George Young and turn the reins over to him.  Best decision the league and The Duke ever made.

18 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Young Mara wants an ass licker which is becoming more obvious by the day.  I just won't watch them next year.  Even if he flukes his way into the playoffs.  I want to watch a real Giants team.  With McAdoo and Shurmur I had some hope... Judge absolutely no hope.  I would never have promoted a special teams coach to be the head guy.  Maybe a season or two of being an offensive or defensive coordinator. n

Never head coach.

Joe Judge sold the Mara's on a vision and using smooth talking, buzzwords etc, but he clearly actually doesn't know how to coach (e.g. prepare a team, put them in a position to win, get coordinators in line, make in-game decisions). I think it's a classic case of style over substance. He said the right things. That's it. In action and in practice, he's mediocre and bewildered. Granted, he's not Adam Gase, Rich Kotite, Bill Arnsburg of level of just complete and utter disaster, but he's a bad coach.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Joe Judge sold the Mara's on a vision and using smooth talking, buzzwords etc, but he clearly actually doesn't know how to coach (e.g. prepare a team, put them in a position to win, get coordinators in line, make in-game decisions). I think it's a classic case of style over substance. He said the right things. That's it. In action and in practice, he's mediocre and bewildered. Granted, he's not Adam Gase, Rich Kotite, Bill Arnsburg of level of just complete and utter disaster, but he's a bad coach.

To his credit, he does do a few things well.  He hired Graham, and while we're still having teams hang 30 on us from time to time, he does seem to both come up with a good game plan and not have our secondary look completely bewildered after a big play (big plays seem to be more a lack of talent than people not knowing where they're supposed to be).  Bettcher was horrific when it came to preparing his DBs. 

But at the end of the day, Judge really has three jobs... hiring assistants, evaluating talent, and in-game decisions.  Outside of Graham, none of these coaches seem to be "doing more with less." Maybe the d-line coach but literally nobody else.  Judge has been a consistently poor evaluator of talent, and many of the players we've let go are enjoying success with other teams.  As for in-game decisions... we regularly burn two timeouts in the first quarter of games, and often play much too scared/conservatively.

He fall short in all three categories. We can do better than this guy. 

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

He is not is father... who brought in George Young after he realized that the game had passed him by... 

There will be an "unexpected change"... Getty being out has to be it... 

6 hours ago, Nas said:

I like your line of thinking, CD.   Evidently, we need to stop looking at a silver-bullet... or in this case that ONE guy to blame.   I think this organization from the ownership (and especially the ownership I may say) has failed us fans.   If it's up to me, I'd demand the owners sell and us fans buy shares like GB... not gonna happen of course... so what's next.

We need a new everything... a FO that actually drafts well... like let's not draft a stud RB when we have a shitty OL... let's not reach for a QB when we don't have an OL... and how about addressing the DL too.. I recall times when the Giants had a shitty offense but we knew our D will get us that 3 and out series we desperately needed.  

Along with the FO we need a new coaching staff... Yeah we got rid of the OC but obviously not enough... the DC isn't good either and for that matter neither is the coach who hired him.    

Just cheer for another team. :barman:

1 hour ago, jranieli said:

You guys can report this to the mods if this was posted already.

Sources: Joe Judge's job appears safe for next season

:doh:

Imagine being a GM interviewing for this job.

"You have to keep this HC and the staff he wants"

Lol 

Get ready for a Mara yes man to step in as the new GM. 

On 12/13/2021 at 11:50 AM, mastershake said:

Talk the talk but cannot walk the walk.  PETER Principle writ large, bro.

21 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Imagine being a GM interviewing for this job.

"You have to keep this HC and the staff he wants"

Lol 

Get ready for a Mara yes man to step in as the new GM. 

Probably Abrahms who is oh so happy just to get the big chair.  Even with big strings (ropes) attached to it.  :rolleyes::whistling::rolleyes: