SportsWrath

The Official Judge Has Gotta Go Thread

Mr. P

46 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Bill Parcells started out as a "player's coach" and then went 3 and 13.  He pledged to be a different person the next season and thereafter.  He was.  He only coddled his best player LT going forward and all of the Giants understood that.  There were rules for the Giants and different rules for LT.  They won... and then won big so no one disputed that.  Parcells had been a defensive coordinator under Perkins so he had way more professional football smarts.  I am appalled that Judge is basically a super high school or junior college level coach trying to make it in the professional ranks.  It is time the Giants try to employ a real winning professional football coach.

I don't think throwing all the blame in the world at a coach just into his 2nd season is the right or balanced approach.   Yes, he has made his share of mistakes but this is a very tough business in which all are bound to make mistakes... now if you tell me he's into his 4th year, then hell with him... and it's not like there are tons of people out there who would turn this around in a heartbeat... Remember we had a 2 time winning SB coach... they all stink up the joint after a while... sometimes thru no fault of their own.    

There are too many moving parts and we need to shy away from looking for that one silver bullet.   Again, I don't think Judge is blameless but he, just like any of us in any profession, need to be given a fair chance.    The most important part of any football team is arguable the offensive line... and our line has been quite offensive to be honest.   Our team wasn't blown out in this 0-3... they were a play away from winning the last 2... sometimes you're just that unlucky.   

I'm not saying he's the or will be the greatest coach ever, I just don't us to be trigger happy and just fire people left and right... 

34 minutes ago, Nas said:

I don't think throwing all the blame in the world at a coach just into his 2nd season is the right or balanced approach.   Yes, he has made his share of mistakes but this is a very tough business in which all are bound to make mistakes... now if you tell me he's into his 4th year, then hell with him... and it's not like there are tons of people out there who would turn this around in a heartbeat... Remember we had a 2 time winning SB coach... they all stink up the joint after a while... sometimes thru no fault of their own.    

There are too many moving parts and we need to shy away from looking for that one silver bullet.   Again, I don't think Judge is blameless but he, just like any of us in any profession, need to be given a fair chance.    The most important part of any football team is arguable the offensive line... and our line has been quite offensive to be honest.   Our team wasn't blown out in this 0-3... they were a play away from winning the last 2... sometimes you're just that unlucky.   

I'm not saying he's the or will be the greatest coach ever, I just don't us to be trigger happy and just fire people left and right... 

Sometimes you just have to let them go bro.  Sometimes you will be wrong.  It is the price of being an owner.  All these Yankee lovers here sure did not object too much when Steinbrenner would fire top notch talent for his own reasons.  I could not stand that bastard... however he paid the bills and could whatever he wanted.  Judge is not the answer.  A case of too much too soon.  He needed to be a coordinator somewhere first for a few years.  A head coach without clock management is a sorry thing man.  It is Gettleman, Judge, Jason Garrett and his medieval system, and yes Daniel in all of his three years who has left a lot on the field even with his "perfect" Washington game.  The top three definitely have to go so that a system can developed to play the guys that are there. 

Don't try to mold them into the team you don't have.  In the old old days the Giants were the land of the 4-3 then LT came along and they switched to the 3-4.  After LT left the 3-4 alignment lasted way longer than it should have.  With the arrival of Strahan and Tuck they switched back to a 4-3.  Again they were playing to their strength and adjusting to personnel...not asking personnel to adjust to preconceived schemes.  The Giants are doing a lot of trying to make these guys into their own mindsets of football players.  I have seen enough. Time for chances are done.  Improve in two to three years or next man up.

3 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Sometimes you just have to let them go bro.  Sometimes you will be wrong.  It is the price of being an owner.  All these Yankee lovers here sure did not object too much when Steinbrenner would fire top notch talent for his own reasons.  I could not stand that bastard... however he paid the bills and could whatever he wanted.  Judge is not the answer.  A case of too much too soon.  He needed to be a coordinator somewhere first for a few years.  A head coach without clock management is a sorry thing man.  It is Gettleman, Judge, Jason Garrett and his medieval system, and yes Daniel in all of his three years who has left a lot on the field even with his "perfect" Washington game.  The top three definitely have to go so that a system can developed to play the guys that are there. 

Don't try to mold them into the team you don't have.  In the old old days the Giants were the land of the 4-3 then LT came along and they switched to the 3-4.  After LT left the 3-4 alignment lasted way longer than it should have.  With the arrival of Strahan and Tuck they switched back to a 4-3.  Again they were playing to their strength and adjusting to personnel...not asking personnel to adjust to preconceived schemes.  The Giants are doing a lot of trying to make these guys into their own mindsets of football players.  I have seen enough. Time for chances are done.  Improve in two to three years or next man up.

But that's the thing with Judge though... he's barely into his 2nd season... I'm far less ready to move on to the next guy because grass isn't always greener on the other side... I'm just cautioning about not letting guys learn from their mistakes.    The mistakes we saw out there are very fixable.    I get the frustration of the fanbase (for whatever reason I'm not as upset as I would have been a few years ago).    

Look this team comes out next week and not that 1st W and all of this would subside... let's hope they do that because I hate disagreeing with you.    

Just now, Nas said:

But that's the thing with Judge though... he's barely into his 2nd season... I'm far less ready to move on to the next guy because grass isn't always greener on the other side... I'm just cautioning about not letting guys learn from their mistakes.    The mistakes we saw out there are very fixable.    I get the frustration of the fanbase (for whatever reason I'm not as upset as I would have been a few years ago).    

Look this team comes out next week and not that 1st W and all of this would subside... let's hope they do that because I hate disagreeing with you.    

Nah bro... I am sorry.  Maybe I have seen too much.  I can't give him beyond this year.  The steady improvement is not there.  I don't care how many games he wins.  Going back to the Parcel's era there was enough there to see improvement even if he was 3 and 13.  Judge is in over his head.  Give him this year and move on I say.

22 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Nah bro... I am sorry.  Maybe I have seen too much.  I can't give him beyond this year.  The steady improvement is not there.  I don't care how many games he wins.  Going back to the Parcel's era there was enough there to see improvement even if he was 3 and 13.  Judge is in over his head.  Give him this year and move on I say.

Yeah if he had shown improvement that would be one thing.  If anything his coaching looks worse this season. 

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Fine.   Let's give him this season.    I have quite a bit of trust in him and the in a lot of the players.    Only one I'm really down on is Engram.... great athlete but he just can't seem to put it together.  

7 hours ago, Nas said:

And you think getting rid of the new coach barely into his 2nd season is the solution?    I'm not disputing any of the problems you stated; I see a team trying to get it together and a FO that's has not made the best of decisions at times... I'm not defending the FO... I'm defending the coach who I feel needs more time to show if he's worth a damn or not... 

I think Judge and Jones deserve the remainder of the season to show one way or the other if they deserve to be here next year.  But anything less than clear evidence this team is moving in the right direction - say, 9 wins, and they're gone.  I bought in to the Judge hype, I think Jones has potential, but Jones may be another victim of the lack of qualified coaching to help him develop into a good qb.  Stability is good and should be something we want, but losing the way we have, playing the way we have, regressing in the only area we performed well in last year - that isn't stability either.  Clear goals, clear direction, clear improvements on mistakes, correcting wrongs, this can be stability, even on a losing team.  The Giants are disfunctional.

1 hour ago, Virginia Giant said:

I think Judge and Jones deserve the remainder of the season to show one way or the other if they deserve to be here next year.  But anything less than clear evidence this team is moving in the right direction - say, 9 wins, and they're gone.  I bought in to the Judge hype, I think Jones has potential, but Jones may be another victim of the lack of qualified coaching to help him develop into a good qb.  Stability is good and should be something we want, but losing the way we have, playing the way we have, regressing in the only area we performed well in last year - that isn't stability either.  Clear goals, clear direction, clear improvements on mistakes, correcting wrongs, this can be stability, even on a losing team.  The Giants are disfunctional.

Agreed.   So much for the title of this thread.

Now with respect to QBs, We don’t need a super star tbh; a good game manager will do (less turnovers for goodness sake’s)… 

I think a W next week can help all of us a lot and an L would render my argument a bit weak.

53 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Another sad point, if Jones isn't the guy...Giants finally have the juice to get the 1st pick in the draft, and I'm not sure there is a franchise qb that will be available in next year's draft

Even if there were we’d just take a running back 

6 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

All these Yankee lovers here sure did not object too much when Steinbrenner would fire top notch talent for his own reasons.  I could not stand that bastard... however he paid the bills and could whatever he wanted. 

Even as a kid, I loved George for getting Mr. October and Billy Martin. I really had no idea about money or even who the fuck George was, but I knew the Yankees were gonna win with Reggie. 

5 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Even as a kid, I loved George for getting Mr. October and Billy Martin. I really had no idea about money or even who the fuck George was, but I knew the Yankees were gonna win with Reggie. 

Word man.  Not knocking you Yankee fans... loved Reggie when he was here.  I cheered for the Yankees from 76-80.... from Chambliss to Reggie.  Those were some good World Series years. :TU: