SportsWrath

The Official Judge Has Gotta Go Thread

Mr. P

13 hours ago, Nas said:

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

"wE hAVe TO StAy tHe CoURSe!" - Judge 

Yeah Judge let's keep doing what were doing lol 

Thanks for reposting the tweet (I couldn't figure out to to get it to post).    This is a Jason Garret problem and it falls under Judge... they need to get it together.   No one is saying we have to do the same exact thing we've been doing (staying the course), we're saying we don't need to fire people left and right because obviously that hasn't worked for us... it's been a shit show from Coughlin's last few years on... The easiest (and sometimes stupidest) thing in the world is to fire people... like somehow that's going to fix things; it won't.    The FO stinks right now... and the coaches need to try something different now... and if that doesn't work, they need to try something else and so on... then if by the end of this season, nothing works, then you go to plan B which is firing people (like somehow you're just going to find the Bill Parcells out there). 

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Great points he made... JG is struggling as an OC... the "conditioning" program seems to be a problem... I get that guys need to be in top shape except.. .they are in top shape; hence they're the athletes.    What coaches seem to forget or not understand is that a body can only take so much.   I'm reminded of the guy who says he goes to the gym 7 days a week... Last I checked your body is built when you're resting/recovering.    

3 minutes ago, Nas said:

Thanks for reposting the tweet (I couldn't figure out to to get it to post).    This is a Jason Garret problem and it falls under Judge... they need to get it together.   No one is saying we have to do the same exact thing we've been doing (staying the course), we're saying we don't need to fire people left and right because obviously that hasn't worked for us... it's been a shit show from Coughlin's last few years on... The easiest (and sometimes stupidest) thing in the world is to fire people... like somehow that's going to fix things; it won't.    The FO stinks right now... and the coaches need to try something different now... and if that doesn't work, they need to try something else and so on... then if by the end of this season, nothing works, then you go to plan B which is firing people (like somehow you're just going to find the Bill Parcells out there). 

Judge literally said "We aren't going to change anything offensively" in his press conference Monday lol 

And that the "Offense is doing well and there's many positives to take away from it"

I'm glad he's happy with a league bottom offense lol 

He's the HC he's responsible for the product on the field every Sunday and holding the coordinators accountable. 

So far he's shown nothing other than he's fine with Garret which should be a problem, if a failing HC can't identify a clear and obvious problem with the team. 

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Judge literally said "We aren't going to change anything offensively" in his press conference Monday lol 

And that the "Offense is doing well and there's many positives to take away from it"

I'm glad he's happy with a league bottom offense lol 

He's the HC he's responsible for the product on the field every Sunday and holding the coordinators accountable. 

So far he's shown nothing other than he's fine with Garret which should be a problem, if a failing HC can't identify a clear and obvious problem with the team. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.    But also consider that easily 2 of those games could have easily been won... which means not everything the Giants are doing is shit... just a few tweaks here and there.  

I get what he said... I saw it and rebuffed.   The things you say to the press are not the things you say or do behind closed doors.    The guy didn't want to hang out his coordinators to dry... that's leadership or at least good manners.    Look, in life.. in our jobs... at least that's how I conduct myself.. whenever there's a fuck up in my department, I will never say who fucked up... I just say I take responsibility and do my best to fix it and make sure whatever breakdown in the process is fixed.    

2 minutes ago, Nas said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.    But also consider that easily 2 of those games could have easily been won... which means not everything the Giants are doing is shit... just a few tweaks here and there.  

I get what he said... I saw it and rebuffed.   The things you say to the press are not the things you say or do behind closed doors.    The guy didn't want to hang out his coordinators to dry... that's leadership or at least good manners.    Look, in life.. in our jobs... at least that's how I conduct myself.. whenever there's a fuck up in my department, I will never say who fucked up... I just say I take responsibility and do my best to fix it and make sure whatever breakdown in the process is fixed.    

Close losses to bottom feeder teams means youre a bottom feeder team.

You act as if the Giants were contenders last year and had a few slips up this year so start the season.

We weren't we were a bad team trying to get to the next level, thats the trend continuing into this year. 

This article sums up why we should be fed up with the team and why we aren't "alright"

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/9/28/22697435/ny-giants-things-i-think-joe-judge-fourth-down-jason-garrett-offensive-line-more

Players, coaches can stand up on the podium all they want and talk about "we are a good team we just have to click"

No you're not a good team this team hasnt been good for 10 years. 

And having a HC at the helm who seems to fail to recognize that is a problem.

2 hours ago, Nas said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.      

Then the Giants have been insane for nearly a decade. Penalties, lack of red zone scoring, injuries, constant lack of consistency (ie one week offense kills it and defense sucks /  next week defense kills it and offense sucks). A GM and 3 head coaches later it goes on and on, same old shit different season. "We have to do better in the red zone" "we'll have to evaluate and get better" "we have to be more disciplined and stop the penalties" ":::TWEET::: False start #(pick a number) 10 yard penalty, 4th down)"

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Enough already. 

2 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Then the Giants have been insane for nearly a decade. Penalties, lack of red zone scoring, injuries, constant lack of consistency (ie one week offense kills it and defense sucks /  next week defense kills it and offense sucks). A GM and 3 head coaches later it goes on and on, same old shit different season. "We have to do better in the red zone" "we'll have to evaluate and get better" "we have to be more disciplined and stop the penalties" ":::TWEET::: False start #(pick a number) 10 yard penalty, 4th down)"

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Enough already. 

Do you honestly think firing a coach barely into his 2nd year would solve the problem?     I'm simply advocating for letting said coach fix the problem instead of looking for the next would-be savior too soon.  

1 minute ago, Herc said:

Then they probably Shouldve gotten some OLs who can run block 

Easier said than done.   I'll be the first to admit I don't have a lot of memory devoted to football and historical drafts... However the FO tried to get OLs... problem is good OLs hardly switch teams because their teams pay them... and even mediocre ones get a huge pay day... and when we drafted, nothing seems to pan out... and when we tried to draft someone worth a damn, teams traded ahead of us to grab the coveted ones... There's plenty of blame to go around and it starts with the GM... Judge however??? 

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Easier said than done.   I'll be the first to admit I don't have a lot of memory devoted to football and historical drafts... However the FO tried to get OLs... problem is good OLs hardly switch teams because their teams pay them... and even mediocre ones get a huge pay day... and when we drafted, nothing seems to pan out... and when we tried to draft someone worth a damn, teams traded ahead of us to grab the coveted ones... There's plenty of blame to go around and it starts with the GM... Judge however??? 

I dont understand this thinking.

I can understand not drafting good players, and DG isn't the best at that.

However everything else is on Judge.

He's the HC, he's the decision maker, he's the planner, he chooses the coaches that coach these guys, who develop them. He picks the game callers and picks the players who are starting on this team. Also I'm sure every HC in the NFL gets somewhat of a final nod on who gets drafted.

DG is to blame for the state of the roster, but Judge is responsible for the product on the field.

Neither of which are NFL worthy.

Can Judge turn the ship around? Sure, he rips off 10 wins somehow, sure give him another year, but were on pace to be statistically worse in every metric this year than last. 

5 hours ago, Nas said:

Do you honestly think firing a coach barely into his 2nd year would solve the problem?     I'm simply advocating for letting said coach fix the problem instead of looking for the next would-be savior too soon.  

Who knows if firing Judge will change anything, but something has to be done, no? My point was that it's the same thing year in and year out going back as far as Coughlin. Coughlin's teams had the same issues with red zone offense and drive/game killing penalties. Same, same, same old song and dance for years and 3 coaches later. Ownership has to dump this blue collar loyalty thing and show some Giants pride of their own. 

13 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I dont understand this thinking.

I can understand not drafting good players, and DG isn't the best at that.

However everything else is on Judge.

He's the HC, he's the decision maker, he's the planner, he chooses the coaches that coach these guys, who develop them. He picks the game callers and picks the players who are starting on this team. Also I'm sure every HC in the NFL gets somewhat of a final nod on who gets drafted.

DG is to blame for the state of the roster, but Judge is responsible for the product on the field.

Neither of which are NFL worthy.

Can Judge turn the ship around? Sure, he rips off 10 wins somehow, sure give him another year, but were on pace to be statistically worse in every metric this year than last. 

All I'm asking is for the man to be given a chance to right this ship... And it's not like we have the next Parcells waiting in the wings... many coaches who've had success in other places fizzle in different settings.   There are way too many moving parts to point the finger at one guy.    I just happened to think it's way premature for a "Fire Judge" thread... on this forum no less.    We all want this team to win and win now... we happened to disagree on how to get there.    I'm a firm believer in learning from mistakes and trying to right the ship and firing people is or at least should be the last resort (maybe because I've been in management for a while now and I've done very very little firing and a lot more coaching/training... and trying to understand complexities).   

Trust me, I respect all of your opinions and it pains me to see I'm on the others side of people whom I've historically agreed with on most things namely Seph and TBC... I get our hearts are in the right place... so let's hope for a W this week because this very thread as well as the state of the Giants is killing me.  

10 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Who knows if firing Judge will change anything, but something has to be done, no? My point was that it's the same thing year in and year out going back as far as Coughlin. Coughlin's teams had the same issues with red zone offense and drive/game killing penalties. Same, same, same old song and dance for years and 3 coaches later. Ownership has to dump this blue collar loyalty thing and show some Giants pride of their own. 

Agreed... and we've fired Coughlin (was he fired or resigned who knows)... and the next one and the next one... obviously that hasn't worked... that tells me it's not really the coaches or at least maybe just maybe this coach maybe different.   Please read my post right above this one...