SportsWrath

The Official Judge Has Gotta Go Thread

Mr. P

I heard this earlier from one pundit trashing the Giants and it stuck with me;

"The Giants have to be coached on how not to loose games, which is harder than being coached on how to win them"

The Giants are doing everything imaginable to loose the game it's all self inflicted.

We can move the ball, we can make stands on defense....only when it doesn't matter. 

They play to loose. 

58 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Fans are just sick of losing, the last five years the Giants haven't had a winning record in any week. What is there to look forward too? Another 6-11 year?

This is year four of a GM and year two of a HC.

This was the year that they needed to show they could turn the corner. 

Instead they look worse.

They lost to a very bad Falcons team who are probably finishing fourth in the NFC South.

I understand you can't rotate coaches out but if the choices are keep DG and Judge or a new GM wants a new HC.

I'd rather go with the new GM and HC. 

We’re frustrated of course but we see a team and coaching staff trying to get it together out there.    If keeping DG is the only way to keep Judge, then that’s the direction we should take.   

7 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Garrett is NOT the problem. DG is... We are running a Air Coryell offense with West Coast personnel. It doesn't make sense. 

Nemesis... I have not seen Air Coryell work since the late 70's early 80's San Diego Chargers and I think it needs to be laid to rest.  West Coast offense maybe but the league has figured out the Dan Fouts offense of Air Coryell.  Time to move on.

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Fans are just sick of losing, the last five years the Giants haven't had a winning record in any week. What is there to look forward too? Another 6-11 year?

This is year four of a GM and year two of a HC.

This was the year that they needed to show they could turn the corner. 

Instead they look worse.

They lost to a very bad Falcons team who are probably finishing fourth in the NFC South.

I understand you can't rotate coaches out but if the choices are keep DG and Judge or a new GM wants a new HC.

I'd rather go with the new GM and HC. 

This...

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Nemesis... I have not seen Air Coryell work since the late 70's early 80's San Diego Chargers and I think it needs to be laid to rest.  West Coast offense maybe but the league has figured out the Dan Fouts offense of Air Coryell.  Time to move on.

TBCV - You are mistaken my friend. The Redskins ran it in the 80's. The Cowboys in the 90's. The Rams in the early 2000's. Kansas City in the Mid 2000's and the Cowboys in the 2010's. Joe Gibbs was Dan Fouts offensive coordinator. Norv Turner was a assistant coach for Gibbs. Mike Martz was an offensive coordinator for Norv Turner. But you're right, without the right personnel, its runs the like the shit you see today. 

"Air Coryell" is basically just spread (4 WRs and one back) 

Three guys running verts/option seam, one guy on a drag, crossing route and the back stays in to chip and catch out on the flats. 

Now a days there are more variations and formations it's run out of instead of just shotgun but it's still a highly used scheme, but as said you need the personnel and the right play caller for it. 

Reid basically runs it in KC with west coast influences as well. 

22 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

Why aren’t we throwing screens to Barkley? Judge has shown nothing to me that says let’s keep this guy. Not a well disciplined team . 

I don't think it's about picking this or that and this team could have easily been 2-1 at this point... We've seen screens and some have worked out and some lost us yardage... Football is a funny business, if you complete a dangerous pass you're a genius and if that same pass was intercepted, you're not good at what you're doing... 

5 minutes ago, Nas said:

I don't think it's about picking this or that and this team could have easily been 2-1 at this point... We've seen screens and some have worked out and some lost us yardage... Football is a funny business, if you complete a dangerous pass you're a genius and if that same pass was intercepted, you're not good at what you're doing... 

instead where 0-3 from playing it safe. 

40 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

What improvement? 

We're not stinking up the joint out there... we are in games not totally shitting the bed.   We have young talent trying to get it together... we have new veterans trying to jell with the team...