SportsWrath

The Official Judge Has Gotta Go Thread

Mr. P

On 9/29/2021 at 11:29 AM, BlueInCanada said:

Judge literally said "We aren't going to change anything offensively" in his press conference Monday lol 

And that the "Offense is doing well and there's many positives to take away from it"

I'm glad he's happy with a league bottom offense lol 

He's the HC he's responsible for the product on the field every Sunday and holding the coordinators accountable. 

So far he's shown nothing other than he's fine with Garret which should be a problem, if a failing HC can't identify a clear and obvious problem with the team. 

That just about everyone in football IDENTIFIED before the season that Garrett's offense was anemic and prehistoric.  A throwback to the 60's at the latest and should be an offense on the professional level.  Not enough options based on timing with a new QB.  No way he can make it work consistently.  Slow developing routes that we got on Fassel with Sean Payton.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:07 PM, BronxRik said:

Then the Giants have been insane for nearly a decade. Penalties, lack of red zone scoring, injuries, constant lack of consistency (ie one week offense kills it and defense sucks /  next week defense kills it and offense sucks). A GM and 3 head coaches later it goes on and on, same old shit different season. "We have to do better in the red zone" "we'll have to evaluate and get better" "we have to be more disciplined and stop the penalties" ":::TWEET::: False start #(pick a number) 10 yard penalty, 4th down)"

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Enough already. 

Right man... shades of the 1970's all over again.  I have had enough.  Maybe new fans can take it nice... old fans have seen this movie too many times.  :laugh:

18 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Who knows if firing Judge will change anything, but something has to be done, no? My point was that it's the same thing year in and year out going back as far as Coughlin. Coughlin's teams had the same issues with red zone offense and drive/game killing penalties. Same, same, same old song and dance for years and 3 coaches later. Ownership has to dump this blue collar loyalty thing and show some Giants pride of their own. 

This...

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

That just about everyone in football IDENTIFIED before the season that Garrett's offense was anemic and prehistoric.  A throwback to the 60's at the latest and should be an offense on the professional level.  Not enough options based on timing with a new QB.  No way he can make it work consistently.  Slow developing routes that we got on Fassel with Sean Payton.

I can understand not wanting to shit can Garrett in the offseason... impeding Jones' growth, continuity and so on.

But to literally change nothing despite all the new players we signed... and still have one of the two worst offenses in the league... dude's gotta go. It's not like this guy's had sustained success with the team and is hitting a rough patch; this appears to be what Jason Garrett is. 

I have no idea why Judge won't pull the trigger. If we start 0-4 there's definitely going to be no playoffs, and Judge will be out of a job. Might as well throw the Hail Mary.

11 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I can understand not wanting to shit can Garrett in the offseason... impeding Jones' growth, continuity and so on.

But to literally change nothing despite all the new players we signed... and still have one of the two worst offenses in the league... dude's gotta go. It's not like this guy's had sustained success with the team and is hitting a rough patch; this appears to be what Jason Garrett is. 

I have no idea why Judge won't pull the trigger. If we start 0-4 there's definitely going to be no playoffs, and Judge will be out of a job. Might as well throw the Hail Mary.

Yeah I mean I think we all understand the idea of wanting to keep the same OC around to keep some continuity for Jones, he hasnt thrown a pick but he's only thrown two TDs in three fucking games. In his rookie year Shurmur was able to get 24 TDs out of Jones in 13 games, he's on pace to only throw 11 TDs in a 17 game year lol

They hired what? Two or three guys to the offensive staff this year, a passing game coordinator, and an offensive coaching assistant at least.

Doesn't that mean we should have some sort of passing game not from 1982?

Christ we go out and sign the best FA WR who is one of the best deep threats in the NFL in Golladay, and the fucking guy hasnt had a target beyond 25 yards.

We go out and get Toney and then sign Ross (both not even remotely close to what this offensive scheme calls for in a WR) two guys with dynamic speed and/or agility, and we don't send them in motion, or on any drag/slant routes? They don't need end-arounds, or screens, just get them out there in space moving around before the snap.

We were the worst offense in football last year and this trend is continuing into this year and ultimately it all falls back on Judge's loyalty to Garrett.

22 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I have no problem canning Garret... his fuck ups are glaring.   DG too of course.   I still believe Judge can learn from his mistakes and right this ship.    

57 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

If I was on a boat and the captain was never able to have the ship in the right direction from the start , why would I ever trust him to do it? 

I'm not sure I agree with the analogy but I get your point.    My contention is you give people a chance to right the ship... He took over a mess in the first place... and we, as humans, learn on the job too... It's easy to say I want out... but what's the alternative.. and what does that say about the organization as a whole?    

4 minutes ago, jranieli said:

We need him so we get the number 1 pick. 

hahah if that’s the goal then we got our guy. 

I prefer to win games, I think, feels like it’s been so long I can’t remember how it feels.