SportsWrath

The Official Judge Has Gotta Go Thread

Mr. P

8 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

The thing is, if you're the "CEO Coach" then you have to actually manage your team... that means pulling the playcalling duties from Garrett when you're 30th in scoring after 3 weeks and not fucking up your timeouts every game.  He did that last year with Columbo, I have no idea why he's so slow to pull the trigger this year. 

It might be that I think Garrett got picked by Mara and is a sacred cow.  I agree with your premise.  I would not lay myself out there during a transition year.  You have to protect your body which is your chief investment.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Judge "There's a lot of football left to be played"

Judge you silly fuck your team is 1 and 5. 

The teams on pace to only have 2.8 wins this season.

lol 

“Theres a lot of football to be played”

At this point that sounds like a threat. 

2 hours ago, Pdouble said:

“Theres a lot of football to be played”

At this point that sounds like a threat. 

I don't trust the process anymore. Now I'm in a submarine.

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1449851173180215298?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1449851173180215298|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-4295776261094599272.ampproject.net%2F2110011758000%2Fframe.html

15 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Isn't the coach supposed to be the guy "plugging the leaks"? 

Or is he hoping that someone magically saves his career?

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

haha, well hold on now.... wasn't Rex Ryan the coach that got Sanchez obliterated late in a meaningless, lost game?  Or presided over the Geno Smith locker room fights? If anybody would know what 'stupid' is when it comes to managing QBs, it probably isn't Rex. 

The premise of that whole rant is that Jones was concussed the prior week. All evidence indicates that he was never truly concussed. I'm basing that on both teammates comments after the game and the rapidity with which Jones moved through the protocol. 

There was a whole lot of stupid.... hell, the QB sneak was stupid, but not because their medically cleared, fucking huge-strong-fast QB was sent on a sneak.... it was because they went into a goal line formation to let the D bunch up, then ran the sneak right at their defensive strength. If they spread them out in that spot.... the sneak works and probably even gets four yards.  

13 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

haha, well hold on now.... wasn't Rex Ryan the coach that got Sanchez obliterated late in a meaningless, lost game?  Or presided over the Geno Smith locker room fights? If anybody would know what 'stupid' is when it comes to managing QBs, it probably isn't Rex. 

The premise of that whole rant is that Jones was concussed the prior week. All evidence indicates that he was never truly concussed. I'm basing that on both teammates comments after the game and the rapidity with which Jones moved through the protocol. 

There was a whole lot of stupid.... hell, the QB sneak was stupid, but not because their medically cleared, fucking huge-strong-fast QB was sent on a sneak.... it was because they went into a goal line formation to let the D bunch up, then ran the sneak right at their defensive strength. If they spread them out in that spot.... the sneak works and probably even gets four yards.  

He didn’t really need to be in there at the end of the game in a blowout though.  

1 minute ago, Pdouble said:

He didn’t really need to be in there at the end of the game in a blowout though.  

have we reached that point that we're so confident in Jones that we want to save him for 'meaningful' games? Because I see a developing player who needs the reps.

if we want to play the hindsight game, why were the Giants starters sat out basically the entire preseason? Jones needed more reps then, and certainly not fewer reps now.