SportsWrath

The Official Judge Has Gotta Go Thread

Mr. P

Just now, K3VIN said:

Giants have one of Top 5 hardest remaining schedules 

I get it... Although I don't believe in hard vs easy schedules... there are no easy games in the NFL... Maybe I didn't come into this season thinking we're going to win the SB and I understood this team is still trying to get it together.   I've learned to look a bit deeper than wins and losses... I see the talent (and the fuck ups of course)... and I think we have a better team this year than these last few years... Aside from the OLine, I think this team is good to go and it's only a matter of time.  

44 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

I didn’t think we would the SB but I also didn’t think we would go 0-3. Close game or not. Out side of a few individual players I don’t see anything worthy on this team. 

Going 0-3 wasn't expected but here we are... There are some bright spots on this team and we have to give them time to get it together... There's another thread about Andrew Thomas showing promise.... DJ played well the last 2 games... You have to take the good with the bad... 

12 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

On pace to be 31st in scoring again in the NFL.

But yeah lets keep doing what were doing.

LOL

But we're not doing what we've been doing... that's why they got rid of Schurmer and the one before him... etc... you guys are acting like nothing was being done... Things have been getting done and nothing seem to have materialized YET... Look there are a lot of things to be upset about but not giving Joe Judge a chance isn't the most ideal... 

8 minutes ago, Nas said:

But we're not doing what we've been doing... that's why they got rid of Schurmer and the one before him... etc... you guys are acting like nothing was being done... Things have been getting done and nothing seem to have materialized YET... Look there are a lot of things to be upset about but not giving Joe Judge a chance isn't the most ideal... 

Were on pace to have a worse offense and defense than last year.

What the hell are you talking about lol

13 minutes ago, Nas said:

I think the fans are sick of the same shit year in and year out. The quality of football really hasn't changed in 5 years or whatever. It's still shit. The O-line is still garbage. Injuries, injuries, and more injuries. The team was pretty healthy week one and they stunk up the joint The coaching sucks. That stretch run to Penny. What a waste of a down. Calling unnecessary timeouts. 

Judge needs to figure shit out. I am not calling for his head, but I imagine the GM is good as gone. 

47 minutes ago, jranieli said:

I think the fans are sick of the same shit year in and year out. The quality of football really hasn't changed in 5 years or whatever. It's still shit. The O-line is still garbage. Injuries, injuries, and more injuries. The team was pretty healthy week one and they stunk up the joint The coaching sucks. That stretch run to Penny. What a waste of a down. Calling unnecessary timeouts. 

Judge needs to figure shit out. I am not calling for his head, but I imagine the GM is good as gone. 

That's what I'm saying though... Judge has made some boneheaded calls and fumbling time outs etc... but I'm not going to call for his head because of that... Maybe I'm in a different stage in my life where I think we should correct mistakes instead of firing people left and right... DG on the other hand has had enough time to fix shit.. him gone isn't a problem for me... 

This losing shit sucks. We knew we were gonna be in rebuild mode, but holy fuck. Ownership is supposed to hire personnel to get players and a decent coaching staff. We have none of it and it shows. How long are fans of the "storied NY Giants" expected to put up with this shit? And dare I mention the lowly Jets? Oh, wait, we're just as lowly. The 2 NYC teams that share a stadium BOTH SUCK. So painful to say that and actually mean it. I love the Gmen but Holy God I'm just sick of the losing and false hope. 

23 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

This losing shit sucks. We knew we were gonna be in rebuild mode, but holy fuck. Ownership is supposed to hire personnel to get players and a decent coaching staff. We have none of it and it shows. How long are fans of the "storied NY Giants" expected to put up with this shit? And dare I mention the lowly Jets? Oh, wait, we're just as lowly. The 2 NYC teams that share a stadium BOTH SUCK. So painful to say that and actually mean it. I love the Gmen but Holy God I'm just sick of the losing and false hope. 

The knicks are the best team I root for currently. Hahah.  

41 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

I don't think anyone is disputing any of this... where we seem to disagree is some people wanna blow shit up yet again... I get DG has run his course but I don't think Judge, DJ, or many of the young players have either... 

Man… I hate to say it. But I think we need to bench Saquon. Looking at the game again, he looks like he left a lot of yards out there. And he’s not a very good pass blocker either. This dude dances way too much. Somebody needs to talk to about that… the big yards will come naturally. 

22 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also for Mr."mAH TeAmS goNNa B DIScIplINeD!!!!!!!!"

We are on pace to set a Giants record for penalties lol 

That, and I still don't know what this team is trying to be, what there identify is on offense.  This team is should flow through Barkley, yet he hasn't carried the ball 20 times yet this year.  I know he is coming off the injury, but most of what he has been overcoming is the mental aspect of coming off an injury like that, and he needs to carry the ball to get that confidence. 

Other teams that have a true feature back run their guy 20+ times:  Cook, Henry, etc. 

Losing with evidence that a competitive program is being built is acceptable, losing with no evidence anyone, players or coaches, knows what they are doing at any given time, is not. Where were the designed QB runs that were so effective against Washington - completely abandoned against Atlanta.  How is that not a major part of the gameplan? 

There is nothing going on with this team that leads me to believe any improvements are coming.  Jones played adequate, not particularly good. 

Gettlemen, no matter what happens, needs to go.  If the Giants are a winning franchise in 3 years, is there anyone on the offenseive line today that will still be there at that time?  Thomas maybe?  His entire tenure has been about putting other teams castoffs into the starting lineup on the offensive line. 

How is there such regression this year?  How is Jones in year 3 of his career and apparently has not been coached on sliding correctly (though Eli had issues with that 10 years into his career) or securing the ball?  How does he not have an internal clock yet?  When the game plan is designed to get the ball out of his hands fast, he does okay, but if he has to go through reads, he just lacks the mechanism that says danger approaching.  And for me, from what I have seen, Jones isn't the reason we're losing. The Denver game wasn't great, but he played well against Washington and played well enough to win against Atlanta. 

There are two things that are completely true:  If the Giants have the lead late in the game, have the ball, with the chance to ice it, they won't.  If the Giants have the lead late in the game and the defense has the chance to hold, they won't.  It is automaticc.  3 minutes left in the game, they will run 3 and out and the opposing team will march down the field. 

Penalties, poor decisions, inconsistent weekly schemes - nobody knows who the Giants are or even who they want to be.

6 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

That, and I still don't know what this team is trying to be, what there identify is on offense.  This team is should flow through Barkley, yet he hasn't carried the ball 20 times yet this year.  I know he is coming off the injury, but most of what he has been overcoming is the mental aspect of coming off an injury like that, and he needs to carry the ball to get that confidence. 

Other teams that have a true feature back run their guy 20+ times:  Cook, Henry, etc. 

Losing with evidence that a competitive program is being built is acceptable, losing with no evidence anyone, players or coaches, knows what they are doing at any given time, is not. Where were the designed QB runs that were so effective against Washington - completely abandoned against Atlanta.  How is that not a major part of the gameplan? 

There is nothing going on with this team that leads me to believe any improvements are coming.  Jones played adequate, not particularly good. 

Gettlemen, no matter what happens, needs to go.  If the Giants are a winning franchise in 3 years, is there anyone on the offenseive line today that will still be there at that time?  Thomas maybe?  His entire tenure has been about putting other teams castoffs into the starting lineup on the offensive line. 

How is there such regression this year?  How is Jones in year 3 of his career and apparently has not been coached on sliding correctly (though Eli had issues with that 10 years into his career) or securing the ball?  How does he not have an internal clock yet?  When the game plan is designed to get the ball out of his hands fast, he does okay, but if he has to go through reads, he just lacks the mechanism that says danger approaching.  And for me, from what I have seen, Jones isn't the reason we're losing. The Denver game wasn't great, but he played well against Washington and played well enough to win against Atlanta. 

There are two things that are completely true:  If the Giants have the lead late in the game, have the ball, with the chance to ice it, they won't.  If the Giants have the lead late in the game and the defense has the chance to hold, they won't.  It is automaticc.  3 minutes left in the game, they will run 3 and out and the opposing team will march down the field. 

Penalties, poor decisions, inconsistent weekly schemes - nobody knows who the Giants are or even who they want to be.

Lock the thread this post nailed it.