SportsWrath

Arrest Warrant issued for DeAndre Baker.

Sephiroth

Well atlast we signed Bradberry.

Hopefully Beal/Bellantine are ready to step the fuck up.

And that Danary Holmes was a pretty big steal in the fourth according to the pundits.

Wonder if the Giants are on the phone with Logan Ryan, might have two FA corners starting at #1/#2 this year.

Just now, Sephiroth said:

For the record, I wanted A.J. Brown in that spot, or Cody Ford. 

To be fair Baker was well on his way to becoming a great corner.

You don't really expect a guy who is set for life to wake up one day and say "Going to go commit a life changing crime now, BRB"

12 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

To be fair Baker was well on his way to becoming a great corner.

You don't really expect a guy who is set for life to wake up one day and say "Going to go commit a life changing crime now, BRB"

He had a decent last 5 games or so for sure. 

23 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I’m letting this one play out.  The story just sounds too crazy. 

It sure does. Why the hell would a millionaire commit armed robbery? This makes zero sense 

1 hour ago, JayD said:

It sure does. Why the hell would a millionaire commit armed robbery? This makes zero sense 

Well. We been getting robbed by millionaires for a long time on Wall Street. They just plan it without a gun and their get away better than driving a Lambo 

I’m very disappointed. When we first drafted baker I wasn’t sure about his character from the first interviews.  Then we got bradberry and I was hyped cuz baker has a mentor now.  

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Well. We been getting robbed by millionaires for a long time on Wall Street. They just plan it without a gun and their get away better than driving a Lambo 

I’m very disappointed. When we first drafted baker I wasn’t sure about his character from the first interviews.  Then we got bradberry and I was hyped cuz baker has a mentor now.  

lol amen to that. That’s why I specified armed robbery. 

Has anyone read the story? Apparently they were at some party, lost like 70 grand gambling, then just pulled out a gun and started robbing everyone there. 

Like people there knew who they were, and were certain to get exposed to the cops, and did it anyway. That’s some serious gangster shit right there. Now instead of living the dream they are gonna spend the next 15 years in a cell. This makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, JayD said:

Has anyone read the story? Apparently they were at some party, lost like 70 grand gambling, then just pulled out a gun and started robbing everyone there. 

Like people there knew who they were, and were certain to get exposed to the cops, and did it anyway. That’s some serious gangster shit right there. Now instead of living the dream they are gonna spend the next 15 years in a cell. This makes no sense. 

There was a party and apparently these 2 lost about 70 Grand - but that was 3 days ago. This story happened yesterday and it looks mighty fishy to me - the only thing was the 2 football players were involved in the 3 day old incident. Ill let this one play out too - am not too sure I wanna put the blame on Baker at this stage.

What kind of fucking loser follows along when a 22 year old orders them to rob someone (27 year old Quenton Dunbar) or shoot them (unidentified masked dude)? I know, he didn’t actually shoot anyone but to when he put in that position. Baker isn’t even half as good as Dunbar, and Dunbar sucks...and, he entered the league as a wide receiver. All of them are dopes who likely won’t be on their current teams anymore, at the very least. 

Nope....Im sorry for my previous post. These idiots are fucked!

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/15/deandre-baker-quinton-dunbar-armed-robbery-charges-analysis

Man this is so saddening - they get a 1 in a million chance to make it to the top echelon of society and to make a living for themselves and for multiple generations to come and yet - they go and throw it all away.

Its just stupid....will we get a compensatory pick for this bullshit?

4 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

There was a party and apparently these 2 lost about 70 Grand - but that was 3 days ago. This story happened yesterday and it looks mighty fishy to me - the only thing was the 2 football players were involved in the 3 day old incident. Ill let this one play out too - am not too sure I wanna put the blame on Baker at this stage.

Ahh ok. SMH I just cant get over how freaking retarded this is.

With how he began to improve towards the end of the season, I was expecting to see a much better year from him. Instead of worrying about dropping picks, he's gonna have to worry about dropping the soap.

Won't take much to convince a jury that two thug millionaires, having lost 70K, had motive to recoup it.

Partygoers already stating that Baker and Dunbar parked their cars in such a manner to make a fast getaway.  Speaks to premeditation.  One of the assailants had a mask, and not seemingly for Covid purposes.  Again, showing it was planned.  No property was returned...proves it wasn't a joke and even if it was...think if you're the one at the end of the barrel...are you gonna testify that it was all just tomfoolery?  Don't think so.

Dunbar and Baker are gonna have to plea out of this in hopes that the felony charges get dropped.  That will save them jail time...but I gotta believe they both took their last snaps in an NFL uniform.

Personally, I hope that no plea is even offered.  Let these guys rot in jail for 10 years and live lower middle class the rest of their life.

On a side note, it'll be interesting to see if firearms were properly obtained/licensed/registered.  Would lead to additional charges.

9 hours ago, JayD said:

It is an unimaginable story...    hope he has a really good lawyer.

Odd thing about this incident is, it was an illegal gambling party... So there's an element of 'officer, he stole my heroin!' to this. Normally, these guys would have been capped then dropped in the ocean, so whoever called in the cops may have actually saved their lives.

16 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

The story says some guys wore masks, but the two nfl players didn’t?

Think maybe it's horse shit? It has that smell.... It doesn't make sense that someone could be so stupid.

Then again, DeAndre Baker is the guy who bought his mom a Bentley out of his signing bonus. He made it to the upper middle class but thought he was wealthy. So he has major stupid potential, this is known.

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

Think maybe it's horse shit? It has that smell.... It doesn't make sense that someone could be so stupid.

Then again, DeAndre Baker is the guy who bought his mom a Bentley out of his signing bonus. He made it to the upper middle class but thought he was wealthy. So he has major stupid potential, this is known.

I think if it happened, it didn’t happen as the report says. 

I think it’s possible people saw 2 nfl players at a high stakes game and saw them as easy marks. They didn’t go down easy.  

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Nawww you don't issue a warrant with these type of charges on a hunch.

The cops know it was Dunbar and Baker who are involved in this.

I assume both are going to be out on the commish banned list until things get settled in court.