SportsWrath

Hillis

BlueInCanada

Sign this cracker to some cheap long term contract.

Fuck finally, a RB who runs straight ahead and doesn't prance around in the backfield, can spell Wilson/Brown whenever they inevitably end up on the injured list.

Cut Jacobs, keep Hillis.

I really wasn't expecting that much out of Hillis.

He did look pretty good and glad it worked out in our favor tonight. Did two things I haven't seen in awhile from the RB position: Jump on a fumble to recover it and catch the ball. Now lets see what he can do against a team trying to win a game.

Fuck finally, a RB who runs straight ahead and doesn't prance around in the backfield, can spell Wilson/Brown whenever they inevitably end up on the injured list.

Cut Jacobs, keep Hillis.

Totally agree with this. Jacobs is a NYG hero, but shit, be ruthless... cut him and let Hillis play... at the very least, Hillis is a bigger factor in the pass game.

Hillis ran against a team with exactly 1 win. The Vikings suck hard and if Hillis/our offensive line were any good, we'd have had a shit ton more yards.

That said, it was nice to get 2 or 3 yards per carry. It's not going to win you football games, but it was just enough to keep the Vikings honest and not go all in on pass rush/pass defense.

I'll keep my excitement in check until we're at .500.

Cox actually had the (slightly) better yard/run.

I thought Cox ran pretty tough for being a smaller, quicker guy. Our rushing offense was just enough to keep the defense honest. I think the passes Cox and Hillis caught out of the backfield were as damning as anything else we did to the Vikings defense.

I thought Cox ran pretty tough for being a smaller, quicker guy. Our rushing offense was just enough to keep the defense honest. I think the passes Cox and Hillis caught out of the backfield were as damning as anything else we did to the Vikings defense.

Bottling up AP and the fact the Freeman was throwing like a retarded Stevie Wonder helped our case a lot. With the way our offense played, any half assed team could have beaten up. But yes, Hillis is a positive and is looking good. But the WRs really really need to get their act together.

Cut Jacobs, keep Hillis.

I agree we need to find space on the roster, but not at the expense of the best running back on the team - Jacobs.

What I liked about Hillis is that he is versatile. He did his best job as an outlet receiver, and given this piss-poor line, and the butterfingers of Nicks, and the brainfarts of Randle, Eli needs to know that somebody is capable of catching the ball and getting some positive yardage.

It would be nice if the line could keep defenders out of the backfield. Diehl was awful at RG.

I'm much, much more concerned with Beatty....unlike Diehl, Beatty hasn't paid his dues, especially for that fat ass contract he just signed.

He is vulnerable to a bull rush, and in the running game, can't hold his ground, much less drive block.

On Hillis' TD run, Beatty almost got blown back into him.

yeah, I don't know what you guys saw but the man looks like he is running on skis. You are insane to want to cut Jacobs and keep Hillis. Jacobs sucks but Hillis is dreadful. Michael Cox is the one that should have been getting the bulk of the carries. He's got burst and didn't put the ball on the ground. Give me a break here, folks. There is absolutely no upside to cutting Jacobs for Hillis and it's literally insane to consider actually starting Hillis.

I really disagree with Storm here. Hillis did a good job in pass pro, but more importantly, was in the right places, new where to go as a checkdown receiver, and turned up field and new where the first down marker was. He might not be blazing fast, but he got the job done in key situations, where faster players have failed earlier this year.

I really disagree with Storm here. Hillis did a good job in pass pro, but more importantly, was in the right places, new where to go as a checkdown receiver, and turned up field and new where the first down marker was. He might not be blazing fast, but he got the job done in key situations, where faster players have failed earlier this year.

Jon Connor and Brandon Jacobs do exactly the same things. I don't want to settle for mediocrity here, is all. Right now, Cox should be seeing the field more.