SportsWrath

Hillis

BlueInCanada

This was The Wardens....I mean Hillis' first extended action in almost a year....he was played sparing in Tampa before he got hurt.....Hillis was very good in pass protection....rock solid ....great chip blocker and selling pass protection......he is good at finding the open spots in the flat....he is faster then he looks ..but not fast to the hole yet......(not like that Black Coxs right Boner!) .and got better as the game went on. The fucker was definately happy to be playing football again ....that is something that he and Jacobs have both brought back to a pretty mentally whipped team...

He isn't the second coming of Rob Carpenter....yet..maybe never......lets see if he stays healthy ...and gets better as his conditioning improves.

There is no reason cut him..or ink him to a long term deal......or Cox...or Jacobs....plus....they all do different things......but we now have two big, bullish and straight ahead running backs (the easiest to block for) ....going into the cold part of the year...with ....fresh legs.....best way to help our defense is to keep them off the field with time consuming grind it out drives.

C. Wagon.

Yeah, the Warden didnt set the world on fire by any means, his stat line isnt very good...but, the new fan fave, was just what this team needed. A big back that runs through the guards without schukin and jivin behid the line first. could be the guy to get us the short gain for the 1st down this team has been missing.

I dont think he should be given a contract for longer than 10 games, but he should be useful this year

PPR league? Might get you ~10-12 points.

1.0 pt per reception

0.2 pt per receiving yard

0.2 pt per rushing yard

4.0 pt per TD

Yeah..Hillis scored 25.2 pts last week in my league.

36 rushing yards = 7.2

1 touchdown = 4.0

5 receptions = 5.0

45 rushing yards = 9.0

1.0 pt per reception

0.2 pt per receiving yard

0.2 pt per rushing yard

4.0 pt per TD

Yeah..Hillis scored 25.2 pts last week in my league.

36 rushing yards = 7.2

1 touchdown = 4.0

5 receptions = 5.0

45 rushing yards = 9.0

Wow, you must have massive scores in your league. That emphasises yardage waaay more than scoring.

Wow, you must have massive scores in your league. That emphasises yardage waaay more than scoring.

Scores average in the mid to upper 100s.

I always thought that 4 pts for a TD seemed low. I've talked with the guy who runs our league about it and the TD pts should be 5 or 6 next year. He's only been running it for about 3 seasons and likes to try new things each year, which I understand. What's nice though, it he'll also take our comments on how to improve it too.

I've also thought that the yardage should be 0.1 for WR and 0.2 for RB. If you argue that passing yards should be 0.2 as well, I'd argue that half of that should go to the QB and the other half should go to the receiver.

I'd like to do away with the PPR too and replace it with something that rewards first downs. 1.0 per first down run, 0.5 per first down reception (for the receiver), 0.5 for each first down pass (for the QB).

Out of the 3 facets of the RB position; rushing, receiving, and blocking, I have to believe Hillis is most lacking at the rushing component.

This, probably because he's been out of football for a while, because he didn't know intricate details of our offense and lastly, that he's not necessarily a spring chicken when it comes to playing in the NFL

he is also not really a rb, im pretty sure he was a fb for most of his college and nfl career

Fucker was the next John RIggins for a while there in Cleveland.....be nice to see if he could regain some of that speed. If not...we'll need to be slammin Cox in that hole.

C. wagon

Fucker was the next John RIggins for a while there in Cleveland.....be nice to see if he could regain some of that speed. If not...we'll need to be slammin Cox in that hole.

C. wagon

I've heard Cox is great for a 2 minute drill but can't much longer.

Why not give Hillis a few games to get in shape before declaring a slow footed gemope

His game is clean. He makes the tough yds, he blocks, he's smooth on the short passes........Connor too

Also Hillis is injury free and relatively young...........he has a 1200 yd yr under his belt

Its hard to imagine how he became available to us.

The downside is Nicks is playing like Nicks again.......I wanted to win without him and allow us to re-sign him......he's not reading the script properly.