SportsWrath

Jacobs re-signed to Giants

JMFP

http://www.nj.com/gi...ut_tuesday.html

Brandon Jacobs is back with the Giants.

Following a tryout on Tuesday, 31-year-old veteran signed a 1-year deal, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. The person requested anonymity because the Giants have yet to make the move official.

Jacobs' workout went well, according to several league sources, promoting the Giants to take a chance with a backfield in need of a veteran presence.

Before Jacobs came in Tuesday, the Giants released defensive end Adewale Ojomo, creating a space on the 53-man roster.

Jacobs tried out alongside Willis McGahee and Joe Mcknight. His knowledge of the offense and of the locker room were significant factors in making the decision

Well....at the very least, he can block and buy Eli another second or two. I think he can probably chug for a few yards, but I suspect he will be used more for blocking than anything. The expression and disgust on TC's face after Wilson missed that block tells me that, more than the two fumbles, infuriated the coach.

Anyway....I hope Jacobs has some gas left in the tank and some fire in his belly to prove he's the man. Time will tell.

Wow ........lets hope the big guy has something left to show us !

I'm worried that they are simply showing their hand on offense any time he comes in. You sell out on "pass" by signing a guy to essentially be pass blocker...then again, with Wilson in the doghouse, he might actually see some looks....which is sad because he looked absolutely done in his final season with us and looked geriatric with the 9ers....

Well....at the very least, he can block and buy Eli another second or two. I think he can probably chug for a few yards, but I suspect he will be used more for blocking than anything. The expression and disgust on TC's face after Wilson missed that block tells me that, more than the two fumbles, infuriated the coach.

Anyway....I hope Jacobs has some gas left in the tank and some fire in his belly to prove he's the man. Time will tell.

Fuck it. Put him in as Eli's Personal Protector and just throw it every down.

I think he'll be the blocker and short yardage guy.

Wilson lost two yards from inside the one foot line, whiffed on numerous blocks, and fumbled. Right now, he's a one-trick pony. Before Sunday, I thought blocking for running backs was overrated...

honestly, that might not be the worst idea..well, actually its a terible idea, but the Giants passing game seems to be very good. With the O-line in the shape its in, the Giants are going to have to put the ball in the air often to move the chains. Theyre going to need help makign sure the pocket doesnt collapse everytime eli drops back.

or they could just follow what Hawaii used to do..I dont believe they ever had a running back..start every play from shotgun and throw the ball 30+ yards downfield.

I think he'll be the blocker and short yardage guy.

Wilson lost two yards from inside the one foot line, whiffed on numerous blocks, and fumbled. Right now, he's a one-trick pony. Before Sunday, I thought blocking for running backs was overrated...

Jacobs is hardly a solution for short yardage.

Ok Brandon Jacobs is back on the roster. Hope they don't make him the starter from this point forward. Wilson deserves to sit in the doghouse but we're going to need him back out on the field next week. It was going to be a season of development at Rb anyway.

I'm worried that they are simply showing their hand on offense any time he comes in. You sell out on "pass" by signing a guy to essentially be pass blocker...then again, with Wilson in the doghouse, he might actually see some looks....which is sad because he looked absolutely done in his final season with us and looked geriatric with the 9ers....

yea, all 5 attempts. at least he didn't wear down last year. except his twitter finger.

Jacobs is a red ass guy that rides on emotion.......he has something to prove after leaving......I tell..if he has even 75% left in the tank...I wouldn't want to try and tackle him....just based on the mojo he is going to get when the crowd welcomes him back....and its the home opener....fuck me. This is good karma gentleman....

C. Wgaon.

I don't think this has anything to do with Wilson being in the doghouse... Wilson better see some playing time Sunday. At first I was angry.. no point in bringing in Jacobs seeing how he was ineffective.. but maybe he's fresh...

honestly, that might not be the worst idea..well, actually its a terible idea, but the Giants passing game seems to be very good. With the O-line in the shape its in, the Giants are going to have to put the ball in the air often to move the chains. Theyre going to need help makign sure the pocket doesnt collapse everytime eli drops back.

or they could just follow what Hawaii used to do..I dont believe they ever had a running back..start every play from shotgun and throw the ball 30+ yards downfield.

I remember Colt Brennan throwing for 8,000 yards

This gives the pass protection a big boost.

Someone called that Jacobs would get picked up and Ojomo released.

I think this is a good and necessary pickup. He can block, I'm sure he's got a few miles left though probably not many, and he'll be a good voice in the locker room. Plus he's the fuckin man.

Let's not forget that he can block, plus his locker room presence and leadership cannot be understated. These two are reasons enough to have him on the roster, even if he only gets 5-7 carries per game in a rotation role.

I do agree with others that the heart of our running game issues will be the OL this season.

Exactly. Has everyone forgotten that Jacobs SUCKED on 3rd & 1? If we're so hard up that we need this loudmouth stiff, we're fucked.

voce of reason. and besides it being a ridiculous reason to even mention, i think by the end, he was more of a locker room clown than an inspiration.