SportsWrath

Jacobs re-signed to Giants

JMFP

Jacobs is a red ass guy that rides on emotion.......he has something to prove after leaving......I tell..if he has even 75% left in the tank...I wouldn't want to try and tackle him....just based on the mojo he is going to get when the crowd welcomes him back....and its the home opener....fuck me. This is good karma gentleman....

C. Wgaon.

Agreed 100%

I think he'll be the 3rd down guy, and the short yardage guy.

Jacobs can stonewall a blitzing linebacker.....none of this "lay down and hope he trips over me" bullshit. He can stand a dude straight up.

And I can't fucking wait to see him chip block a DE on their ass.

This offense just got more Bad Ass.

"Whatever they need me to do," Jacobs said in a statement released by the team. "Whatever role they want me to play, I'll come in and do it. I know the offense. I know they've made some tweaks here and there, and I'll do whatever I have to do. ... The Giants have given me a great opportunity. This is where I wanted to be. These are the coaches I want to play for and I wanted to come back with my teammates. This is the place I love most."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9659416/new-york-giants-sign-veteran-running-back-brandon-jacobs

Fuck yeah

from a leadership and emotional standpoint this is a plus-plus move for sure.

Leadership? You mean the kind of leadership that caused the 49ers to first pay him to stay home, then finally release him because he had become such a distraction?

Exactly, he has been a loud mouth that can't back up his statements. The Giants though unfortunately didn't have a lot of options and this probably is the best gamble. He knows the system and can block. Hopefully he's learned his lesson with the short stay in San Francisco.

We'll see early on whether or not Jacobs helps or not. A move needed to be made and Jacobs knowledge of the offense won him the job. I'm not expecting much from Jacobs, maybe 10-15 plays in a game, but I do expect him to blow someone up, possibly incurring a penalty, on the 1st or 2nd play he's in the game.

Leadership? You mean the kind of leadership that caused the 49ers to first pay him to stay home, then finally release him because he had become such a distraction?

he was a good leader here. nobody is going to step in as a depth signing on a team like the 49ers and be a leader

he was a good leader here. nobody is going to step in as a depth signing on a team like the 49ers and be a leader

Frankly, he seemed like more of a joke his final year here. Anyway, that's no reason to bring someone in or not to. They get paid the big bucks and they like what they saw, apparently. For now, that's good enough for me.

I hope BJ proves me wrong and provides a real lift to this team and brings some real passion ......... If he has nothing left he will probably be cut when Andre Brown returns in week 9. In any case it will be great to see the big guy wearing blue again for a while instead of that disgusting 49ers outfit.

Tom Coughlin: N.Y. Giants' David Wilson a marked man

• By Kevin Patra
  • Around the League writer
  • Published: Sept. 11, 2013 at 12:09 p.m.
  • Updated: Sept. 11, 2013 at 03:49 p.m.

David Wilson's play is trying Tom Coughlin's patience. But perhaps not as much as reporters who peppered the New York Giants coach with questions about the running back.

On Wednesday, a visibly frustrated Coughlin wouldn't commit to Wilson as the starter.

"We'll see," Coughlin told reporters. "We need him. He has to overcome this issue. He's a marked man."

The Super Bowl-winning coach didn't commit to anything, but it's clear that Wilson will get another shot at the job.

"I can't say any more about David Wilson, except if I watch him in practice, and his technique doesn't improve, I'll let you know. I'll let you know," Coughlin said.

The Giants brought in Brandon Jacobs on Tuesday to add depth and experience behind Wilson, and Coughlin said he expects Jacobs to do more than mentor the young back.

Until Andre Brown returns from injury, the Giants don't have much choice than to roll with Wilson as their primary back. Jacobs and fellow backup Da'Rel Scott aren't featured-back material.

Despite Wilson's abhorrent Week 1 performance in Dallas, he still should get the bulk of the carries.