SportsWrath

Unreal....Gints tradeup for Nassib!

BleedinBlue

I didn't say we had to draft a linebacker at that spot. Point is, there were other players with good value that will do more than hold a clipboard in the 4th. And I also don't agree with the notion that just because you drafted linebackers poorly in the past, that u just totally give up trying to find a hidden gem, that thinking is folly.

Was hoping for Pough in the 7th, No CB, No ILB, no OLB, but to be honest, this was a bad LB draft.

Earlier in the week, the paper reported that the Giants were talking with Boley and possibly bringing him back. Boley went for the big bucks and couldn't find any takers. Now a one-year minimum salary contract probably looks pretty good to him.

I honestly don't worry about the LB's. I've been a lot more worried about both sides of the line. I really believe that if the Defensive line gets their shit together, our current crop of LB's will be just fine.

Nassib turns out to be decent enough to be backup, you get rid of Carr and Painter. Their contracts leave the cap for the price of a 4th rounder. For the length of his rookie contract, unless you trade him for picks.

I'd do that--especially if the 4th rounder was a bargain-basement 2nd-rounder at worst, and I have a shit-ton of contracts coming up far more important than paying David Carr.

I haven't ever bitched about taking lbers in the mid rounds. In my 7guy rd mock, I had a mid rounder and a late rounder. Also, highly doubtful Moore helps us this year. He won't be playing defensive end at 250, I can say that. He's a special teamer right now.

Isn't he like 20 years old or something? The dude can easily go to 270 or 280 in 2 years.

This. I don't like it. With Cruz possibly gone next season and Eli now 32 we're built to win now. Adding some depth on defense makes more sense there. Hell, just about anything outside of a punter makes more sense there. Funny we decide to go best player available on a quarterback of all things.

Here's why I disagree with everyone... I don't think we picked a QB for trade value or to eventually replace Eli (although that's a very good reason) but that's not why we picked him.. simply put Eli has been iron man... Let's all count our blessings... but this is the NFL and god forbid Eli goes down for a couple of weeks, we need someone who can play... Carr ain't that guy. Groom this guy and have a safety net so we don't suck at the QB position.

Nas I'm willing to bet there are more then a few players on the Giants, hell on any team that have done worse things then hit their kid.

Yea I'm sure but we know he does... to an autistic child no less.

Here's why I disagree with everyone... I don't think we picked a QB for trade value or to eventually replace Eli (although that's a very good reason) but that's not why we picked him.. simply put Eli has been iron man... Let's all count our blessings... but this is the NFL and god forbid Eli goes down for a couple of weeks, we need someone who can play... Carr ain't that guy. Groom this guy and have a safety net so we don't suck at the QB position.

Well, let's put things in some perspective. If Eli goes down for a significant period this year or next, whether it's Nassib or Carr at the helm, it's very unlikely that we'd go to the superbowl or even far in the playoffs. Having said that, let's say we had chosen a different player (non Qb) with our 4th rounder; It's also unlikely that this sole 4th rounder alone would have made such a significant difference this year or next. Home run, immediate impact players in the 4th round are rare (possible, but rare). So people shouldn't be too upset; after all, it's only a 4th rounder.

Weren't those claims made by his ex after the court didn't raise her child support?

Word...I spent many a day in Family Court and the gloves come off at a certain point and its a free for all as to who is worse...mom or dad...lots of shit gets distorted, exaggerated and/or downright made up.

Never seen a 4th round pick come under such scrutiny!

The problem I have is that there was a very good linebacker just waiting to be taken in the 4th round, and Reese goes for a backup QB. It really is that simple .

When it comes to linebackers, Reese sucks. Plain and simple, he sucks. I think he gets a secret kick out of pissing off fans that care about good defense and what used to be a great line backing tradition with this franchise .

It's only a fourth round pick but it's something worth talking about imo. It won't make it break us. As for feely, kolb and Flynn they had auditions of various lengths. Tons of backup qbs are worth nothing cuz they haven't played. What would Ryan mallet fetch right now?

It's only a fourth round pick but it's something worth talking about imo. It won't make it break us. As for feely, kolb and Flynn they had auditions of various lengths. Tons of backup qbs are worth nothing cuz they haven't played. What would Ryan mallet fetch right now?

I hate to say it, but at some point Eli is going to miss a few games, he's in his 30's and that line is not in peak form and the Giants drop back 40 times a game. HopeI'm dead wrong but few qb's make it through a career uninjured.

Well, let's put things in some perspective. If Eli goes down for a significant period this year or next, whether it's Nassib or Carr at the helm, it's very unlikely that we'd go to the superbowl or even far in the playoffs. Having said that, let's say we had chosen a different player (non Qb) with our 4th rounder; It's also unlikely that this sole 4th rounder alone would have made such a significant difference this year or next. Home run, immediate impact players in the 4th round are rare (possible, but rare). So people shouldn't be too upset; after all, it's only a 4th rounder.

Jeff Hostetler says whats up.