SportsWrath

Unreal....Gints tradeup for Nassib!

BleedinBlue

Not a need... we have a backup QB, and future backup QB's aren't hard to find.

For Eli's eventual replacement, that's 4-5 years down the road at least. Surely, in 4-5 subsequent drafts, there would be plenty of QB's to choose from.

This. I don't like it. With Cruz possibly gone next season and Eli now 32 we're built to win now. Adding some depth on defense makes more sense there. Hell, just about anything outside of a punter makes more sense there. Funny we decide to go best player available on a quarterback of all things.

This. I don't like it. With Cruz possibly gone next season and Eli now 32 we're built to win now. Adding some depth on defense makes more sense there. Hell, just about anything outside of a punter makes more sense there. Funny we decide to go best player available on a quarterback of all things.

Agreed 100%.

Drafting a backup QB would make more sense if:

Eli were older.

Eli were less durable.

We had addressed LB in earlier rounds.

I was fine with OL in the 1st, because it was a major need. Pugh seems like a solid starter, with the ability to play along the entire line.

I don't like the Hankins pick because I see him as a situational DT, and we already have several big fat tackles on the team.

I was fine with Moore in the 3rd because he can rush the passer, and be used as an edge rushing OLB if the situation calls for it.

The 4th round pick was a disaster.

Cooper is a high risk/reward pick, but acceptable in the 5th.

At this point, the draft is pretty much over for me.....anyone from here on out is likely camp fodder or special teamers.

For the record, I don't hate the Pugh pick, just thought that Datone Jones or Floyd was much greater value there, and I would've traded up to get Watson in the 2nd, who is probably going to be a better OT than Pugh, but doesn't translate as well inside.

Yeah, also Trufant was there and I know you don't like Ogletree, but I am concerned about the lb's, highly concerned. Reid Fragel is still available, he could of been had with this pick we gave up for Nassib

Agreed 100%.

Drafting a backup QB would make more sense if:

Eli were older.

Eli were less durable.

We had addressed LB in earlier rounds.

I was fine with OL in the 1st, because it was a major need. Pugh seems like a solid starter, with the ability to play along the entire line.

I don't like the Hankins pick because I see him as a situational DT, and we already have several big fat tackles on the team.

I was fine with Moore in the 3rd because he can rush the passer, and be used as an edge rushing OLB if the situation calls for it.

The 4th round pick was a disaster.

Cooper is a high risk/reward pick, but acceptable in the 5th.

At this point, the draft is pretty much over for me.....anyone from here on out is likely camp fodder or special teamers.

Don't leave yet Joe...we have two more picks and there's still some QB's on the board! Grab another beer and some popcorn - this is a draft you'll be able to talk about for years. :Popcorn-emot:

Awesome. Another cuse guy who not very long ago was being mocked to buffalo in the first.

Yes I'm biased.

But happy.

There was one analyst a few months back who had him ranked as the top QB in the draft. I'm okay with this pick, at least in terms of value.

49ers didn't need kaepernik

Atlanta didn't need Brett Favre

Green Bay didn't need Aaron Rodgers

New England didn't need Brady

Alex Smith was not that good.

Brett Favre was close to the end of his career.

So was Drew Bledsoe

Chris Chandler or whoever Atlanta had at QB wasn't that good either.

Just saying, not really comparable situations.

49ers didn't need kaepernik

Atlanta didn't need Brett Favre

Green Bay didn't need Aaron Rodgers

New England didn't need Brady

Wouldn't argue those cept the Kapernick one. Alex Smith wasn't exactly very good from 2005 to 2010. David Carr even went there to try and start after leaving NYG in 2009.

Drew Bledsoe at the end of his career? What? Only reason Brady is even Brady was because Mo Lewis gave Bledsoe a shot. Bledsoe played for like 6 more years after that.

Yeah if Lewis doesnt lay the hit on Bledsoe, we are talking about Bledsoe having one or two SB rings and Brady fades off into a career back up.

Wouldn't argue those cept the Kapernick one. Alex Smith wasn't exactly very good from 2005 to 2010. David Carr even went there to try and start after leaving NYG in 2009.

Right, good point. I mean it want considered that he would be the heir to the throne when he was drafted. I think you should draft a QB every year.

Btw, I love Eli but the NF l is changing. A lot of these lineman coming out of college are used to blocking for a QB who can avoid a tackle or 2.

The fuck you just say?

It is the reality of the nfl! God forbid but a big injury to Eli is always a possibility. Drafting a back up to have in place for three seasons is not horrible. In case.

Then again two years from now he might be a big chip for a trade!

re: the qb trades, 75% of the league is set at QB with a pretty sizeable influx of good qb's entering the league the last 5 years. i'm not optimistic about the trade market for nassib assuming he even gets a chance to showcase his ability while he's here

We are not a juggernaut

We could never compete with David Carr at QB

I'VE SAID THIS FOR YEARS

That is why I argued to keep Ryan Perriloux

Imagine a scenario where Eli goes down in preseason .....we would be done for the year

Resse said they have been looking to draft a QB for years.....the oppty never came along til now

re: the qb trades, 75% of the league is set at QB with a pretty sizeable influx of good qb's entering the league the last 5 years. i'm not optimistic about the trade market for nassib assuming he even gets a chance to showcase his ability while he's here

What about that backup from Seattle or any back up from Philly... Two years from now he becomes a commodity no matter if he plays or not!

I can't believe you guys are still banging back and forth on Nassib. Meanwhile, an hour ago we drafted another offensive lineman and nary a single view or comment on Eric Herman. The more I read up on him, the more I like him. Small school guy, but seems to have the tools.

We have Nassib guys....get used to it and let it go!