SportsWrath

Unreal....Gints tradeup for Nassib!

BleedinBlue

Know they need to trade Carr then for a 3rd in 2014. I just don't get the pick. You can't take a guy bc u think he'll be a better clipboard holder than the current clipboard holder, when there is a player sitting there that is now a Chicago Bear that could maybe have actually helped you. I understand at some point we may need a back up QB to actually play, but here is a reason he's Eli has never missed a game.

Well rubber man Eli has had a long run as starter w no injuries

He is getting older

Carr is not an Nfl QB.....he's cannon fodder....a white mark Sanchez

I've been sayin for a long time we were playing w matches not having a quality number 2 QB

good move ......we already have one of the best starting 22 in the NFL.....They took the last year off with a SB hangover

My only worry is MLB.......that is a huge question mark.....HUGE. Hopefully we get a final cut from a loaded team

To me, Reese settled for a double when he could have hit a homerun in the 1st rd, then hit a single when he could have hit a double in the second, then struck out in the next 2 rds, and giving up a chance to hit in the 6th. Draft grade is a D.

The talking heads are calling the move "smart", "genius", etc. None of them are saying it's a bad move. Even Mayock is calling it a great move.

One of the interesting comments came from one of them (forget who) is that a backup QB is very important and teams are doling out a ton of money for old backups that really aren't that good, but they command big bucks because it is imperative to have a backup. As far as Nassib's talent goes...I've watched him for the last few years at Syracuse and he is extremely smart and has a cannon for an arm. And he's always been surrounded with second and third tier players as the Orange has never been able to get big name recruits out of high school. Syracuse always produces a few stars that have come into their own while in college, but none of them were nationally praised coming out of high school.

Nassib will shine being surrounded by real talent for a change. But as one analyst said, "it's like coming in as the new closer to replace Mariano" or the "new shortstop to replace Jeter".

Regardless...there is no pressure to speak of for Nassib and he's already smart and will get even smarter working behind Eli and we can finally let Carr go and clear up some cap space while upgrading at the QB position.

Know they need to trade Carr then for a 3rd in 2014. I just don't get the pick. You can't take a guy bc u think he'll be a better clipboard holder than the current clipboard holder, when there is a player sitting there that is now a Chicago Bear that could maybe have actually helped you. I understand at some point we may need a back up QB to actually play, but here is a reason he's Eli has never missed a game.

Greene is fragile, and is a WLB only, we have that

past 4th round linebackers:

Miles Burris

Ronnell Lewis

Keenan Robinson

James-Michael Johnson

Nigel Bradham

Casey Matthews

Colin McCarthy

KJ Wright

Roddrick Muckelroy

Eric Norwood

Keenan Clayton

A. J. Edds

Phillip Dillard

Perry Riley

Darryl Sharpton

Gerald McRath

Stanley Arnoux Kaluka Maiava

Straight up all Lawrence Taylor's in that group.

I like the move and mentioned to my dad that the Giants could draft a QB today.

Jesus Christ, Joe.. you've been a Debbie Downer those entire draft... :girlfight:

I am fine with Pugh and Moore ....our 2nd pick is Marvin austin 2.0 ..... Our 4th pick is hopefully a tremendous talent. If they don't convert Moore back to linebacker then we can look forward to another year of watching teams date rape the defense over the middle......that 4th I believe it is Caliber Fundinground makes me want to puke

What happened to the Colts 2 years ago has to scare the shit out of NFL GM's. Their aren't QBs like Luck, Griffin, Tannehill in the draft every year. Basically instead of taking a developmental linebacker or offensive lineman, they took a developmental QB.

I still don't agree with the 1st round pick because I'm not a fan of taking the 7th best ranked offensive lineman, but I hope Pugh doesn't make me puke.

I am fine with Pugh and Moore ....our 2nd pick is Marvin austin 2.0 ..... Our 4th pick is hopefully a tremendous talent. If they don't convert Moore back to linebacker then we can look forward to another year if watching teams date rape the defense over the middle......that 4th I believe it is Caliber Fundinground makes me want to puke

Hankins isn't Marvin Austin 2.0. He's a run stuffer. He will help right away. The first three picks will all contribute this year and more importantly, beyond.

Best case scenario is we turn this guy into a Matt Flynn and trade him two years down the road for a 1st or 2nd rounder

Thats what I think as well, an affordable backup that plays (hopefully) sparingly but shines and we trade him for an early round pick.

Go bears !!!! Maybe I'll get myself a K Greene Bears jersey.

Hankins isn't Marvin Austin 2.0. He's a run stuffer. He will help right away. The first three picks will all contribute this year and more importantly, beyond.

yeah, hankins is a completely different type of player i dont know why people call him austin.

and people bitch about us taking linebackers in the mid to late rounds, and then when we don't they bitch about that too.