SportsWrath

Facing the truth in big D

Cowboyz

and you're really kind of missing the whole point of this thread aren't ya?

conclusion:

eli has much more talent around him, yet doesn't produce much more than romo.

thanks for chiming in on the cowboys on the day of your nfccg. i know its a lot to ask. :doh

I disagree in the sense that Eli makes people around him look better... Eli never had a Witten type TE... Nicks and Bryant are up there in talent... Shit Bryant is a fucking freak... Romo had the likes of Owens.. etc.

i'd take ROmo. coud you imagine how much more awesome id be with him placeholding for me.

Yeah you could blame romo on his slippery fingers for all your miss FGs!!!

Cowboys - you're bound to have some hate post considering this is a Giants forum bit you do bring in entertaining threads.

Let's go Giants!!!

and you're really kind of missing the whole point of this thread aren't ya?

conclusion:

eli has much more talent around him, yet doesn't produce much more than romo.

thanks for chiming in on the cowboys on the day of your nfccg. i know its a lot to ask. :doh

Dez Bryant is one of the most physically gifted players in the NFL. Speaking in terms of pure talent, Bryant is in the upper echelon. Nicks is a complete stud, a great player. But in terms of skill positions, the foursome of Bryant, Austin, Robinson, and Witten is better than what the Giants have. BTW, Eli threw for 4900 yards this year and 29 TD's, playing half of his games in the Meadowlands. I've only heard one guy, as far as analysts and sports reporters go that has acknowledged that Eli plays terrific in bad weather games, and the home games he plays in the Meadowlands is far different than say, Drew Brees or Tony Romo that play their home games in ideal conditions. Wind and cold temps, (moreso wind), make a big difference. You put Eli in perfect conditions for as many games as these other guys have it and there's no doubt he'd have an appreciable spike in productivity and efficiency. The fact that he's this good in weather is a tribute to his greatness.

I also think Nas makes a great point, that players on the Giants are better because of Eli. There are plenty of Victor Cruz's out there in the NFL and Jake Ballard's that never made a name for themselves because they never had a guy like Eli as their QB. What Eli does in the offseason, in camp, in practices, can't be understated. He works with his receivers constantly. Just watching Victor Cruz's growth this year is a testament. It also says something about the receivers, too, they have put in the work as well, but as Dave Diehl has said, "nobody outworks Eli." He also said there hasn't been a time in his career where he hasn't come in and Eli wasn't already there. Jake Ballard came in and said he was going to be Eli's shadow, that was how he was going to make the team and an impact.

I also think Nas makes a great point, that players on the Giants are better because of Eli. There are plenty of Victor Cruz's out there in the NFL and Jake Ballard's that never made a name for themselves because they never had a guy like Eli as their QB. What Eli does in the offseason, in camp, in practices, can't be understated. He works with his receivers constantly. Just watching Victor Cruz's growth this year is a testament. It also says something about the receivers, too, they have put in the work as well, but as Dave Diehl has said, "nobody outworks Eli." He also said there hasn't been a time in his career where he hasn't come in and Eli wasn't already there. Jake Ballard came in and said he was going to be Eli's shadow, that was how he was going to make the team and an impact.

That's a great point. I think Eli was stifled a little bit when the Barbers, Burresses, and Shockeys of the world were here... and not getting in offseason work with him. Eli was elevating the game of guys around him in college too. Hell, I'm not even sure a guy like Ballard makes an NFL roster on another team.

Also, the Giants (generally speaking) have equal talent to the Cowboys, but the Cowboys have more head cases and overrated guys. From a pure physical standpoint I'd take Bryant over Nicks or Cruz, but who wants to deal with the bullshit? Same thing with T.O. before him. Austin is another guy who had one really good season and has been living off hype and reputation since. Newman, Felix Jones, Romo... at the end of the day they're more names than production, though they seem to have the skill. On the other hand, the Giants have guys with less talent who are overachievers (Cruz, Ballard, Tollefson, etc). Those guys play their hearts out but they were basically nobodies before they came to New York.

I disagree in the sense that Eli makes people around him look better... Eli never had a Witten type TE... Nicks and Bryant are up there in talent... Shit Bryant is a fucking freak... Romo had the likes of Owens.. etc.

Well, he had Shockey, but Witten has it all over Shockey even in Shockey's prime as far as personality is concerned.

Smith has dropped off of the world. Kevin Boss is back in obscurity. Burress is nothing. And yet, they all had decent numbers with Eli.

Beckum had a few catches tonight, as did Hynoski. Bear Pascoe scored a td in an NFCCG...the pattern is Manning.

Romo good, Eli better. Stats similar...Eli wins in clutch situations...Romo hasn't. I'll take Eli.

I'd take Ware over Osi, but not over JPP or Tuck or Kiwi.

I'd take the Dallas kicker.

I'd take Demarco Murray over Jacobs, but I like Bradshaw.

I'd take Smith over McKenzie

I'd take Sean Lee over any LB not named Kiwi or Boley.

Witten. And Ill take Dez Bryant over Mario anyday! Not that Mario is bad - but Dez Bryant is gifted!

I like Mario but I think we could definitely upgrade his position... who said we can't have a stud 3rd WR?

only 3 fucking players. jesus what an eye opener. and people here want to blame garrett for the lack of success when jerry is mismanaging the draft and fa

The Jerry Jones machine stops for no man other then Jerry Jones.

Another Dallas fans that gets it....

As long as Jones insists on being the GM, and Garrett insists on being the OC, the Cowboys will be stuck in neutral.

I like Mario but I think we could definitely upgrade his position... who said we can't have a stud 3rd WR?

:) Technically he was our No.2 until Hixon went down. Bryant is a beast! Eli as it is makes people around him better. Its a proven fact. Case in point - Steve Smith - disappeared, Kevin Boss - no clue, Burress - stuck with Sanchez but an awesome WR nonetheless (id want him back in a heartbeat). I feel - Cruz is Manningmade and I might be reaching here - Nicks too. People like Pascoe, Beckum, Hynoski etc just are made to feel good with Eli. A player with the calibre of Bryant (without any headcase issues) would be a huge upgrade over Manningham.

To me, and I think what Cowboyz is saying, is you have to compare position for position, even as it pertains to the depth chart. In other words, Dallas' #1 receiver for our #1... And maybe I'm wrong, but to me, Bryant is their #1 receiver... and even if you say technically he's not, I would counter that he is their #1 receiver based on talent. So in essence, you can only trade Bryant for Nicks... and that I would not do. Nicks is the whole package, AND isn't a head case.

A more fair comparison is Laurent Robinson vs Manningham, and yes, I'd take Robinson, based on what I saw of him. He was amazing this year after he got his opportunity. I would not take Miles Austin over Victor Cruz.

:) Technically he was our No.2 until Hixon went down. Bryant is a beast! Eli as it is makes people around him better. Its a proven fact. Case in point - Steve Smith - disappeared, Kevin Boss - no clue, Burress - stuck with Sanchez but an awesome WR nonetheless (id want him back in a heartbeat). I feel - Cruz is Manningmade and I might be reaching here - Nicks too. People like Pascoe, Beckum, Hynoski etc just are made to feel good with Eli. A player with the calibre of Bryant (without any headcase issues) would be a huge upgrade over Manningham.

I agree with what you're saying about Manning, but I think its a combination....if the QB & WR are on the same page, they each make the other look better.

Guest StrahansGap

I disagree... I think Romo is a very good QB, slightly below Eli simply because Eli has ice running thru his veins when the game is on the line... I'm not one to meaure a QB by stats alone. Romo and the Cowboys for that matter were one dropped pass in each game.. one in the playoffs 07-08 on our way to the SB and one during the regular season in Dallas when Austin failed to catch te ball that seemed to be in the air forever.

Also, I like Keith Brookings.. he seems to be ferocious at LB.

Nas, I think you're crazy for thinking Romo is anywhere near Eli. I don't think it's even close. The fact that The Cowboys owner is even acknowledging that Eli is better, speaks volumes. Stats don't mean shit to me. If the game is on the line, is there any other QB in the NFL that you'd rather have? Besides Eli, I can think of 10-12 QB's I would rather have than Romo.