SportsWrath

Facing the truth in big D

Cowboyz

friday on Dallas' local espn radio, there was raised an interesting question.

this question stung like a whip and raised a lot of questions about the actual 'talent' on the cowboys roster.

question: if your Tom Coughlin and your given the option to replace any starter on your team with the same starter/position from Dallas, who would you take?

humbling.

1. witten. and that's not to say ballard's not getting it done, but witten an all-pro playmaker.

2. smith. replacing mckenzie at rt. tackle.

and

3. sean lee. playmaker at lb.

only 3 fucking players. jesus what an eye opener. and people here want to blame garrett for the lack of success when jerry is mismanaging the draft and fa.

romo/eli i consider a draw. neither team would really care to trade away the qb.

thoughts?

Guest StrahansGap

friday on Dallas' local espn radio, there was raised an interesting question.

this question stung like a whip and raised a lot of questions about the actual 'talent' on the cowboys roster.

question: if your Tom Coughlin and your given the option to replace any starter on your team with the same starter/position from Dallas, who would you take?

humbling.

1. witten. and that's not to say ballard's not getting it done, but witten an all-pro playmaker.

2. smith. replacing mckenzie at rt. tackle.

and

3. sean lee. playmaker at lb.

only 3 fucking players. jesus what an eye opener. and people here want to blame garrett for the lack of success when jerry is mismanaging the draft and fa.

romo/eli i consider a draw. neither team would really care to trade away the qb.

thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TJcXuwFguE&feature=related

I would also take Demarcus Ware ..... he usually seems to come up with a big play or two per game. Beyond those already listed.... no one else.

Can't disagree with Ware. But who would you really wanna give up? Tuck? JPP? Well, of cause you'll say Osi. But they are totally different player. Ummmm. Thinking about it. I think Osi fits our line better.

Totally agree on the kicker.

only 3 fucking players. jesus what an eye opener. and people here want to blame garrett for the lack of success when jerry is mismanaging the draft and fa

The Jerry Jones machine stops for no man other then Jerry Jones.

Another Dallas fans that gets it....

If you asked a third team Eli or Romo, I think they'd go Eli; but I don't think the Cowboys would trade Romo for Eli straight up. That being said, if Romo gets a big game or two under his belt and gains some confidence he could be very dangerous. He is a good QB.

Sean Lee without a doubt, dude can play ball.

And Witten is by far better than any TE the Giants have, there's no question there.

I would also take Demarcus Ware ..... he usually seems to come up with a big play or two per game. Beyond those already listed.... no one else.

After that comment about Tuck wanting to be a cowboy.,. he can go fuck himself.

Guest StrahansGap

If you asked a third team Eli or Romo, I think they'd go Eli; but I don't think the Cowboys would trade Romo for Eli straight up. That being said, if Romo gets a big game or two under his belt and gains some confidence he could be very dangerous. He is a good QB.

Sean Lee without a doubt, dude can play ball.

And Witten is by far better than any TE the Giants have, there's no question there.

Psssst......Romo isn't that good. I'm confident Jerry Jones would rather have Eli. His loyalty to Romo is detrimental to the Cowboys success.....and I like it that way. Let's not give plastic face any bright ideas.

Tyron Smith. Young, very good RT with big upside. We have an aging RT who's skills are ever so slightly diminishing. Also, a strong case could be made that the third receiver on the Cowboys is stronger than our third receiver. I would put Laurent Robinson, from a talent perspective, based on this year against Manningham's season, even last year, as slightly better. Splitting hairs a bit but Robinson is a real threat.

DeMarco Murray is also the most dangerous RB on either team.

couple of points.

ware - the idea is to trade position for position, le for le or re for re. so would you really trade jpp and his potential for ware, who is a sack artist, but rarely seems to take over a game like jpp.

robinson - definately a pleasant surprise down here, but i'm not sure he's anymore dangerous than manningham

murray - he's injured, but otherwise i would agree he's the most dangerous rb on both teams

cb - jenkins is our best cb, after that there's a huge drop off, so no we don't have a better 2nd cb than ross.

romo - neither team would want to trade qb's. and for the guy saying romo sucks, you might want to compare his stats with eli's.

then consider this whole exercise. which qb is surrounded by talent, and which is carrying a team more often than not?

couple of points.

ware - the idea is to trade position for position, le for le or re for re. so would you really trade jpp and his potential for ware, who is a sack artist, but rarely seems to take over a game like jpp.

robinson - definately a pleasant surprise down here, but i'm not sure he's anymore dangerous than manningham

murray - he's injured, but otherwise i would agree he's the most dangerous rb on both teams

cb - jenkins is our best cb, after that there's a huge drop off, so no we don't have a better 2nd cb than ross.

romo - neither team would want to trade qb's. and for the guy saying romo sucks, you might want to compare his stats with eli's.

then consider this whole exercise. which qb is surrounded by talent, and which is carrying a team more often than not?

Ross is really the 3rd cb behind Terrell Thomas who is on IR.

But yea, Ross is better than you're 2nd too ;). Well, sometimes at least, other times I don't know what to think.

Ross is really the 3rd cb behind Terrell Thomas who is on IR.

But yea, Ross is better than you're 2nd too ;). Well, sometimes at least, other times I don't know what to think.

right. i am taking into consideration all injuries, which is why i didn't include demarco.

i think the important thing to take from this, as a cowboy fan, is the fact we were competitive in the division and conference

yet obviously, even when swapping out the giants for remaining playoff teams, we are severely lacking in talent position for position.

Guest StrahansGap

couple of points.

Stats, shmats. Eli's a winner, Romo's a loser...period. And I'm done talking about the cowgirls on the day of our NFC championship game.

Stats, shmats. Eli's a winner, Romo's a loser...period. And I'm done talking about the cowgirls on the day of our NFC championship game.

couple of points- 1. Romo looks much better in the backwards hat. 2. Romo is a much better golfer. (Of course he has more time to practice....)

Psssst......Romo isn't that good. I'm confident Jerry Jones would rather have Eli. His loyalty to Romo is detrimental to the Cowboys success.....and I like it that way. Let's not give plastic face any bright ideas.

I disagree... I think Romo is a very good QB, slightly below Eli simply because Eli has ice running thru his veins when the game is on the line... I'm not one to meaure a QB by stats alone. Romo and the Cowboys for that matter were one dropped pass in each game.. one in the playoffs 07-08 on our way to the SB and one during the regular season in Dallas when Austin failed to catch te ball that seemed to be in the air forever.

Also, I like Keith Brookings.. he seems to be ferocious at LB.

right. i am taking into consideration all injuries, which is why i didn't include demarco.

i think the important thing to take from this, as a cowboy fan, is the fact we were competitive in the division and conference

yet obviously, even when swapping out the giants for remaining playoff teams, we are severely lacking in talent position for position.

Both of our DCs suck... I don't know if Fewel is going to continue improving but so far I'm not too thrilled.. even with the latest play of our defense... I think we have talents on our defensive side of the ball to warrant top 5 in the NFL... Fewel flat out sucks and I think the Giants should always be on the look out to upgrade the position... Fucking Wade Phillips is doing great in Houston.

couple of points- 1. Romo looks much better in the backwards hat. 2. Romo is a much better golfer. (Of course he has more time to practice....)

and here i was worried you weren't obsessed with me anymore.

do tell, how did your theory of 'te's are irrellevant' play out this year?

and you're really kind of missing the whole point of this thread aren't ya?

conclusion:

eli has much more talent around him, yet doesn't produce much more than romo.

thanks for chiming in on the cowboys on the day of your nfccg. i know its a lot to ask. :doh

and here i was worried you weren't obsessed with me anymore.

do tell, how did your theory of 'te's are irrellevant' play out this year?

yes i think of you often. the game changes, sonny.

you, however remain despicable.