SportsWrath

Facing the truth in big D

Cowboyz

Nas, I think you're crazy for thinking Romo is anywhere near Eli. I don't think it's even close. The fact that The Cowboys owner is even acknowledging that Eli is better, speaks volumes. Stats don't mean shit to me. If the game is on the line, is there any other QB in the NFL that you'd rather have? Besides Eli, I can think of 10-12 QB's I would rather have than Romo.

I love Eli.. he's very fit for New York.. but let's not pretend Romo sucks. Eli's come a very long way especially this year... It's been a pleasant surprise.. more pleasant than Cruz.

Truth is Romo is holding back the Cowboys and it isn't because he needs more confidence. Romo has won plenty of big games, problem is he does not consistently come up big in big games. The talent argument is ridiculous.

Jimmy johnson's cowboys teams were always built on 2 cornerstones, having a top offensive line and a badass defensive line. When jerry took over his focus became take the flashy guy, suddenly you have guys like dez bryant and felix jones being drafted without addressing key needs on the offensive line first. Romo simply doesn't get the protection he needs, against strong defenses in big games.

That thing where the players run out through the bar or whatever it is is retarded though. The only thing I like is the roof.

What you wounld't want an opportunity to throw pickles at Romos helmet on his way out of the locker room?

I see the Cowboys falling in love with RGIII, he's from Texas, Cowboys fans will love him, he would bring excitement. I just think Romo has gotten stale there. He is good QB, but Jerry keeps throwing him under the bus. I would want out if I was Romo, if he was on the market, there would be plenty of interested teams.

I see the Cowboys falling in love with RGIII, he's from Texas, Cowboys fans will love him, he would bring excitement. I just think Romo has gotten stale there. He is good QB, but Jerry keeps throwing him under the bus. I would want out if I was Romo, if he was on the market, there would be plenty of interested teams.

Romo to the Jets for Santonio and Sanchez.

Romo to the Jets for Santonio and Sanchez.

Yeah he liked Sparono and he is now there. They want to keep Holmes, I am not sure the Cowboys would want Sanchez, he could go Seattle with Carroll or I could see Colts who just got the Baltimore DC and I think he might hire Jackson to be OC, since Jackson was QB coach in Baltimore. Nobody ever asked the question what if the Colts don't have either Luck or Peyton, it seemed Peyton would go just because Luck is supposed to be the #1, The Colts have so many needs they could definently dangle that #1 pick and go defense with there pick, they are losing Mathis, Jerry Hughes has been a bust. Quinton Coples is a guy rising up boards, he has been impressive in the senior bowl practices so far.

Yeah he liked Sparono and he is now there. They want to keep Holmes, I am not sure the Cowboys would want Sanchez, he could go Seattle with Carroll or I could see Colts who just got the Baltimore DC and I think he might hire Jackson to be OC, since Jackson was QB coach in Baltimore. Nobody ever asked the question what if the Colts don't have either Luck or Peyton, it seemed Peyton would go just because Luck is supposed to be the #1, The Colts have so many needs they could definently dangle that #1 pick and go defense with there pick, they are losing Mathis, Jerry Hughes has been a bust. Quinton Coples is a guy rising up boards, he has been impressive in the senior bowl practices so far.

My guess is Peyton retires.

I definitely see them starting over with Luck. You can't miss out on a franchise QB who is supposed to be as sure of a thing as there has been in a long time. Not sure if Peyton is a tradeable asset to gain some picks for defense or not, I think the consensus is he will be cut to avoid paying the $28 million bonus due in March. But you are right, the defense needs a lot of work... and they probably got the right head coach to help with that. They still have some talented guys in the front seven, but they need to beef up their DT's and secondary badly.

yep this is the solid truth right here. romo can win the big game, no question. there's too much evidence of superbowl victories with mediocrity at the position. he's flopped in some big stage games but show me a qb who hasn't.

jerry is such a self back-patting meddling old fart, who's costing us dearly in the draft because he trusts his own instincts too much.

I definitely see them starting over with Luck. You can't miss out on a franchise QB who is supposed to be as sure of a thing as there has been in a long time. Not sure if Peyton is a tradeable asset to gain some picks for defense or not, I think the consensus is he will be cut to avoid paying the $28 million bonus due in March. But you are right, the defense needs a lot of work... and they probably got the right head coach to help with that. They still have some talented guys in the front seven, but they need to beef up their DT's and secondary badly.

They've already come out and said that they're drafting Luck, haven't they? I agree that they definitely should go that route. I also think that they should keep Peyton for 1 more year. Let Peyton and Luck overlap for a year....Luck learns from a future HOFer...Colts set up for the next decade. Peyton has a chance to prove to the rest of the league he's healthy and he becomes tradeable next year. You might have to amend Peyton's contract now to allow him some control over the eventual trade next offseason in order to get this done.

Any way you slice it, I think the consensus is that they should and will draft Luck. The only question is with Manning and HIS ability to play football.

The other thought I had was, given the coaching changes, offering Manning the OC position, assuming his neck doesn't allow him to play anymore. Given Manning's smarts, I think he could move into that role fairly easily. Still draft Luck and let Manning coach him. I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be really fun to follow if it did.