SportsWrath

Spags back to the Eagles...imminent

Bigblue25

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Report: Spagnuolo expected back to Eagles by end of the week

122811-spagnuolo-400.jpg

Will Steve Spagnuolo return to the Eagles? (Yong Kim/Staff File Photo)

Steve Spagnuolo is expected to return to the Eagles by the end of the week, Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network reported.

LaCanfora, citing NFL sources, wrote that Spagnuolo will replace embattled defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, perhaps not in name, but as the leader of the Eagles defense.

The Eagles had no comment.

Andy Reid is on vacation until the end of the week, so it is unlikely that any coaching changes will be announced. Reid, of course, was able to mastermind overhauling his coaching staff while he was away on a Caribbean vacation last January.

Spagnuolo is currently also on a vacation with his wife (at the same location as Reid?) but is expected to return tomorrow. He was fired by the Rams last week after three years as head coach. Spagnulo spent eight years with the Eagles as a defensive assistant, but left in 2007 to become the New York Giants' defensive coordinator.

If Spagnuolo does not replace Castillo as coordinator he could be named an assistant head coach along with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. If Castillo is out in his current position, he could fill the vacany at secondary coach after Johnnie Lynn was fired last week.

Former Eagles safety Quintin Mikell, who played under Spagnuolo last season in St. Louis, said last week that he thought his former coach would end up back in Philadelphia. Mikell said that Spagnuolo, as head coach, may have missed calling plays.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/137019633.html

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

I dont think Spags did any wrong why the hate?

I think it was because he got his fame in NY not to mention the Giants showed him alot of love by making him the highest paid DC ever in football just to have him leave for a shitty Rams team.

Plus I think the Giants showed him enough to say "Hey stay with the Giants Spaggysauce and you could build a all time lasting legacy"

Instead he went "LOL NOPE IMMA BE A HEADCOACH"

You honestly think the front office is going to get rid of the guy after the last few weeks of play?

Neither... I'm saying when the season is over this can be decided.. for now.. he shit the bed a lot more than not. I'm not going to forgive his complete incompetence the entire season based on the last 3 games.... Having Rex Grossman drive the entire field caused me an ulcer.

Why would this happen now? There are any number of teams that are in a state of flux at the moment.

He has plenty of time to kick back and look at his options.

that was my thought, too. i dont think you'll see him back on the eagles (at least this soon) when the entire rest of the league has spots available. not to mention, some of them are going to be head coach spots.

Neither... I'm saying when the season is over this can be decided.. for now.. he shit the bed a lot more than not. I'm not going to forgive his complete incompetence the entire season based on the last 3 games.... Having Rex Grossman drive the entire field caused me an ulcer.

the redskins controlled the ball on offense the entire game. they ran all over us and kept our offense on the sidelines. THAT'S why we lost. Not Rex Grossman.

Yea I guess one great game should erase shitting the bed most of the season :doh:

Amazing isnt it? Personaly I dont care if he did a good job the whole season. You dont pass up on bringing Spags back no matter what. He instantly makes this defense top 5 in the league. This is a damn shame

Amazing isnt it? Personaly I dont care if he did a good job the whole season. You dont pass up on bringing Spags back no matter what. He instantly makes this defense top 5 in the league. This is a damn shame

Exactly. I want our D to be up there with the Ravens.

Oh stop, Nem. He's managing his career. This isn't about colors or the dark side of the force versus the light... he's just making the decisions that is best to further his career for himself and his family. It is up to the Giants to reach out to him now to bring him back in the fold. He had an opportunity to take on an organization and be a head coach, as well as make a lot more money. There is nothing wrong with what he did.