SportsWrath

official draft thread.

JayD

He is 6'-6" and 265 lbs, an athletic freak.... perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. I don't know... I always want to see production with the hype, and 6 sacks isn't the elite production you're looking for, but keep in mind JPP only has played 1 season of college football. I keep saying I trust JR, so I guess I have to trust him here.

He has played 7 Div 1 games, he has no love for the game and almost thought about quitting football, this not a blessing in disguise he is a workout warrior who freaking blows

I love this pick. I have no idea why everyone is so upset. The Giants have always gone after athletes and this guy is one in spades. More than likely he's backup next year, and the Giants will have some flexibility to move Osi or not have to resign Kiwi, who can leave next year.

You down with JPP, yah you know me.

I love this pick. I have no idea why everyone is so upset. The Giants have always gone after athletes and this guy is one in spades. More than likely he's backup next year, and the Giants will have some flexibility to move Osi or not have to resign Kiwi, who can leave next year.

im with you man.

Thats all fine and dandy if we took him at 27... Taking him at 15 with two quality LBs(a much more pressing need)left on the board is not good. I dont care how you slice it.

He has played 7 Div 1 games, he has no love for the game and almost thought about quitting football, this not a blessing in disguise he is a workout warrior who freaking blows

Exactly, what is this Oakland? Oakland drafts workout warriors with potential and how well has that worked out. I don't think people are mad with JPP but there was so much better talent for a need still on the board. A DT or OLineman would have been an infinitely better choice. <_< No we have what we had last year. Good DEs with no up the middle pressure. Oh well maybe a diamond will show up the later rounds again.

Two jerseys I have nothing to do with, Burress and Osi

Don't give up on Burress yet.

As far as our pick, I'm happy. As you guys know I know next to nothing about college players.. but I'd have to leave it up to the expert in our scouting team.. The highlights showed a Strahan-like player. Now if we deal Osi to the rams for the first pick tomorrow night, we're cooking.

Thats all fine and dandy if we took him at 27... Taking him at 15 with two quality LBs(a much more pressing need)left on the board is not good. I dont care how you slice it.

Look, if McClain is on the board we would have been stupid not to make the move, clearly he's better. But after he left this kid is a great athlete and you know, being a Giants fan, that the Giants are bent on getting the best athlete out there. This guy is the same size as the guys we have and probably faster and has a major upside. This could be a lot worse. Bet your bottom dollar Dub, that if earl thomas was still on the board at 15, he'd be a Giant right now, and we'd still need a linebacker.

1. St. Louis - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

4.Washington - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

5. Kansas City - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

6. Seattle - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

7. Cleveland - Joe Haden, CB, Florida

8. Oakland - Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama

9. Buffalo - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

10. Jacksonville - Tyson Alualu, DT, Cal

11. San Francisco - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

12.San Diego - Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State

13. Philadelphia - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

14. Seattle - Earl Thomas, S, Texas

15. NY Giants - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida (You can never have enough pass rushers)

16. Tennessee - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia

17. San Fran - Mike Iuapti, G, Idaho

18. Pittsburgh - Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

19. Atlanta - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Mizzou (FUCK!)

20. Texans - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama

21. Cincinatti - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma (Great pick)

22. Denver - ????

wow im the only one not upset at this pick?

I'm happy with the pick, Pdoub.

Who are we kidding.. QBs had all day to throw on us last year and we're actually set at DT... and we're not done dealing as Hayensworth is still a possibility. We only need ONE LB as we have Sintim and Boley ready to go.